How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Started as a batsman Been playing for 30 to 40 matches, never crossed 20 runs in Test, 15 runs in ODI, but got 35 in T20:D (which is pretty easy)

Any tip to play spinner :mad if i block gets LBW, try to clear gets bowled or caught :facepalm

Started my career today.
21 runout- both me and AI got stranded on the same end
25 runout -got runout while standing at the non-strikers end.. couldn't get back
30 runout- got runout cuz I couldn't get back in the crease after playing a shot.

all three dismissals were unique.

Through about 30 hours of game play, mainly in career, never had one of these situations.

Through about 30 hours of game play, mainly in career, never had one of these situations.

three innings and all three runouts so far.. Last one was bizarre.. Instead of putting his bat down, my player went for u-turn route and was short in the end..

no doubt if you dont hold down R2 and sprint when running or cancelling runs - you will get runout like david boon

sadly my playatation got overheated and got restarted when I was on 87(53) I ate my controller with ultimate rage.

three innings and all three runouts so far.. Last one was bizarre.. Instead of putting his bat down, my player went for u-turn route and was short in the end..

no doubt if you dont hold down R2 and sprint when running or cancelling runs - you will get runout like david boon

It's surprising how after a bit of time with the game, I'm quite confortable with running, getting back into crease, etc. At least half of my runs comes from unrushed, non-diving runs (even doubles), if I do have to R2 it's usually just for the last couple of meters as the ball is thrown back. When I get out, it's either because I've assumed the shot will pass the fielder and doesn't or when I've gone for a run or a second that I had no right to go for in the first place (even these are very rare). I usually get into the habit of cancelling run right away when the AI is batting, but then I start getting lazy and that is when I'll push for a run too early.

sadly my playatation got overheated and got restarted when I was on 87(53) I ate my controller with ultimate rage.

You should try tomato sauce next time, goes down much smoother than soaking it in rage.

It's surprising how after a bit of time with the game, I'm quite confortable with running, getting back into crease, etc. At least half of my runs comes from unrushed, non-diving runs (even doubles), if I do have to R2 it's usually just for the last couple of meters as the ball is thrown back. When I get out, it's either because I've assumed the shot will pass the fielder and doesn't or when I've gone for a run or a second that I had no right to go for in the first place (even these are very rare). I usually get into the habit of cancelling run right away when the AI is batting, but then I start getting lazy and that is when I'll push for a run too early.QUOTE]

ive been runout about 5 times in about 100 innings. i got used to the speed/pace of the game within about 2 casual matches and 20wickets.

i always hold down sprint - ive ran for 4 runs many times. 3 runs almost every over

its very easy to understand the games limits and know when ur pushing them. the runouts havent been a problem post patch, and almost never were pre patch, except the glitch at the non strikers end and direct hits from fielders, but even then i never ran on the throw unless its from the boundary rope

Last edited:
Everything seems static in career mode. Even the team line up does not seem to change, even depending on the format.

I scored my first ever hundred on career mode Yesterday in my very first List A game into second session 122* (148) and we chased down the target of 309 runs with ease, all thanks to me :D

Joking aside - I feel the shorter versions of the game are so much more easier to bat on in career mode. FC matches are real pain, i really really hate them now.

I scored my first ever hundred on career mode Yesterday in my very first List A game into second session 122* (148) and we chased down the target of 309 runs with ease, all thanks to me :D

Joking aside - I feel the shorter versions of the game are so much more easier to bat on in career mode. FC matches are real pain, i really really hate them now.
On the other hand, I am struggling in the List A format, and playing more comfortably in the longer format (at least not getting out so easily). I think it's a matter of no added pressure of run rate that helps me bat a bit better.

In the shorter games, sometimes you have to chase a higher run rate. Playing a tight over makes me feel more pressure to score runs, leading to silly shot to get out.

Started as a batsman Been playing for 30 to 40 matches, never crossed 20 runs in Test, 15 runs in ODI, but got 35 in T20:D (which is pretty easy)

Any tip to play spinner :mad if i block gets LBW, try to clear gets bowled or caught :facepalm

I sweep them and take the single

When you block, angle the stick to the line of the ball to avoid getting out. Also always play front foot against spinners. Don't drive straight when mid on or mid off are up. If there is no fielder on point inside the circle, play reverse sweep. If these is no square leg (inside the circle), play conventional sweep. I hope that helps.

On the other hand, I am struggling in the List A format, and playing more comfortably in the longer format (at least not getting out so easily). I think it's a matter of no added pressure of run rate that helps me bat a bit better.

In the shorter games, sometimes you have to chase a higher run rate. Playing a tight over makes me feel more pressure to score runs, leading to silly shot to get out.

I did not play too many shots in the air in my entire innings and yet piled up the runs. Play grounded shots until you get to a possition of comfort. This is what I did;

1) Concentration on your timing obviously is a critical factor to scoring big

2) avoided defensive or off side shot to expressed fast bowlers (minimises the risk of edging it to the keeper). if you're strong on the off side and are confident in your shot making, then ignore this step.

3) deffended against the spinners wherever I could - they are very cunning with their mixed line and length. Scored 20+ runs at the end from the two spinner even though I was blocking for the most part.

And finally scored quite freely against the fast-medium/medium-fast bowlers. I scored no more than 30 odd runs in the offside throughout the innings.

Everything seems static in career mode. Even the team line up does not seem to change, even depending on the format.

yep, the teams seem concreted in terms of selection for all formats, even when you change the first eleven for all the teams in the academy the game just uses the FC/Shield line up for every game.

It does dilute career mode somewhat for me as when I first heard about the mode and in the earlier Q&As it said your player could get dropped and move around the team but that doesnt seem to be the case. You'll just be stuck wherever you start regardless of performance although I've heard little from @BigAntStudios on the matter :/

On a lighter note made my first run as a number 10 in FC. 1 from ten balls before edging to the keeper.

I hate standing at the other end and watching the striker getting boundaries, then when I get to face there are fielders there.

----------

Funny thing, I went into the statistics for the first class tournament. I am at the top of the bowling charts with the wickets. I then sorted the batting stats by average and guess who is dead last... no not chris martin... just me.

Users who are viewing this thread