How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
@BigAntStudios

Hey Ross

I was wondering how the skill points work in batting career mode. Most of the time when you play and miss you get a +1 but you hit a perfect cover drive and nothing. Is there a certain formula?

It seems a lot more straight forward when bowling. Take a wicket and you get skill points for that particular delivery.

@BigAntStudios

Hey Ross

I was wondering how the skill points work in batting career mode. Most of the time when you play and miss you get a +1 but you hit a perfect cover drive and nothing. Is there a certain formula?

It seems a lot more straight forward when bowling. Take a wicket and you get skill points for that particular delivery.

I think it may be related to shot selection for the particular ball....For eg: Pace bowler bowling on off and mid stump and I play a defensive shot,I get +1 for straight bat....

Am I really hopeless or are first season stats like these sounding familiar to anyone else?

I'm a number 5 batsman

First class
14 Matches
26 Innings
68 runs
Average 2.62

List A
12 matches
11 innings
40 runs
Average 3.64

Last edited:
Flapjack- That is about right! My first season I was averaging under 2 in FC games. Really frustrating as my only shot was the drive to mid on (even though I feel like I have both analog sticks straight.) However, went to the nets and practised the leg glance to any ball on the middle and leg line. This helped up the scores a little, but my best was still only 28.

After the patch I restarted career mode and after another practise in the nets to discover how to get the ball through the offside (more right on the analog stick than the NE direction) I finally managed to get some runs. Have had 40s in T20s and one 50 in OD. FC is a little trickier, due to needing to be patient.

Current tactics for the shorter form of the game, leg glance pace bowlers behind or in front of square, until they move the field, then go down the ground on onside or offside. Spinners I usually push for ones or wait for the wide outside offstump ball.

Keep persevering and find one shot that works for you and defend everything else and then once you have perfected that work in the nets on another shot type.

Just had an extremely aggressive AI declaration - being just 44 runs ahead, just to deny me the chance to take the final 2 wickets for a 5 wicket haul I'd imagine.

Unfortunately my team's AI batsmen didn't recognise the opportunity, and the match finished in a draw 9 overs later at 1/22.

is anyone else playing an English career (or got County selection in Aus career) noticing the ridiculously short final session in four day games? it's finishing at 4.13, after an otherwise normalish day (starting at 10.30)

cannot be right, surely?

I am playing for Essex and yes the last session does seem rather short, I could understand if the captains had agreed a draw, but often teams are 9 wickets down and close to victory/defeat.

This morning I could have sworn I was batting in Essex's second innings (3rd of the match) and the scoreboard said it was Day 4 session 1 and we were 300 runs ahead, so I tried to score quickly, got out cheaply. Simulated the rest and an additional day was simulated. Could have been my imagination, but with Pro40 games being 50 overs, who knows!

@HBK619 is looking into the shortened games and also rain delay issues.

is anyone else playing an English career (or got County selection in Aus career) noticing the ridiculously short final session in four day games? it's finishing at 4.13, after an otherwise normalish day (starting at 10.30)

cannot be right, surely?

Yup, I had that. We were chasing 112 to win and were 80/2 at tea and then the game ended as a draw...

The sun does set in the grim parts of the UK about 2pm though... So you're prolly playing a match in London? #Burn

Biggs in a english winter they don't have sun at all they just draw a picture of the Aussie sun on there ceiling of there bedrooms and fail asleep dreaming.:p:yes:wave

Started my first career last night on pro. Was super fun. 40 in the first Match's 1st innings followed by a 3 in the 2nd innings. And then a 49 in an odi followed by a 12 and 8 in the next first class game. And finally got out on a duck in the next odi match and decided to go sleep.

Folks have following questions about career mode and career player...

1. No matter which shots I play or which foot I play off I get "+1" skill added for "On side" and "Front foot" skills. As an example I played two back to back shots for 4 off my back foot through mid off and cover region and I had a message "+1 on side" message pop on the screen. Same with front foot skill most of the time. Has anyone increased their off side & back foot skills? If so any tips would be appreciated.

2. Can I add my career player to another team? If yes, how do I do so?

3. If I want to start another career, can I reuse the career player I have already created instead of creating him again? Also, where is the career player stored, i.e. which team/roster?

Boys, I have to brag to someone...

2nd season signed for the thunder in the big bash, having an awesome season so far

50 in a loss - but won MOM
20 in a win
59 in a loss
78* in a win and MOM
17 in a loss
89* in a win

313 runs off 198 ball @78.25 6 games into the BBL

awesome run in the last 3hrs....

----------

on pro level sorry frosti...

Users who are viewing this thread