How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
In my career in the t20 cup final in my first year I just can't get passed the second innings because evrytime as a bowler i pick up my second wicket, I get a black screen and I just can't get back to the game. I have to quit the game, then get back to the save data and start playing again the full match
this has already happened 3 times.
anyone know a way around this?

my god this game makes you hate it.

first game of my third season, 1st inns, 30 and get out to my bad habit of front foot driving a bouncer... 2nd inns, get to 20, going wonderfully well. non-striker, ai batsman blocks it, i press b, my guy doesn't move. bowler picks it up, i press b again... my guy has some sort of fit, but doesn't move an inch closer to the crease. bowler throws down the stumps, i'm out, still pressing b forlornly.

i hate everyone.

Is lot of people seem to be having more success in t20 than other forms of the game. Keen on any tips as I am averaging even lower in t20. Are people basically just using the aggressive shot button? I seem to get caught just about any time I play a normal shot in t20. I win most of my t20s outside of career but at this Rate I'll have a 50c reserve in the IPL if I make it

followed up with a 29 in the Pro "40"... got out playing a ludicrously wrong line to the spinner... but still, not sure i've ever scored 20+ in three consecutive innings.

third season off to a promising(ish) start. wonder how i can balls it up?!

----------

just finished my 2nd season, very chastening end to the FC season when i struggled to buy a run :(

current stats at end of 2nd season

FC bat - 32 matches, 63 inns, 466 runs at 7.52, 1 fifty, HS 61, SR 85.81
FC bowl - 3 wickets at 30.33, economy 4.13, SR 44

List A bat - 25 matches, 25 inns, 236 @ 9.44, HS 43, SR 117.99
List A bowl - 19 @ 5.36, econ 3.06, SR 10.52

t20 bat - 21 matches, 21 inns, 311 @ 15.55, 2 fifties, HS 59*, SR 144.65
t20 bowl - 6 @ 10.83, econ 4.58, SR 14.16

fair way off aus 50 over and T20, long way off ipl, no chance of anything else

still 1 helmet, would imagine pretty far off grading up to 2!

Must try harder.

1 FC and 1 List A game into the 3rd season, i'm already averaging over 8 in FC and 10 in List A... this is my breakthrough season, obviously.

(also list a bowling average now under 5, econ under 3, and SR under 10... i'm practically an all rounder.)

Regarding bowling without assistance, I've pretty much done all proper games without meters. First I used the foot marks as a way to find the point I needed to start the jump, usually going about 5 no balls each game before I'd know where the specific point on this pitch was to jump. Then I realised that the bowler starts the rotation of the arms animation at the point I should be jumping (for a fast bowler anyway), there is enough of a 'window' from the start of the animation to the 'point of being too late' that I can nail it 99% of the time without bowling a no ball.. pretty much standard for a fast bowler in real life. I nailed down the ideal release time just by doing match practice with indicators on while on legend difficulty and waiting for the game to slow down at the ideal release point and just seeing where the bowlers arm is in the delivery animation.. basically arm pointing backwards parallel with the ground for middle of the 'window'. Once again, the 'ideal' timing is all based on the difficulty you play and the bowler.

Now doing spin, same as above to work out the ideal release point for the middle of the length and best spin results. Almost cracked the 1,000 rpm point last night.

Hit my 3rd six, straight down the ground for 88 meters against a spinner. After agressive shooting the next few balls and getting another 4, for the last few I thought I'd just block my way to the non strikers end before getting off to go to bed.. but of course blocked too early and gave the keeper a simple nicked catch.

Having started lots of career games as all rounder or batter , have started as batter again struggling to score anything in 4 day and 1 day matches .
But in t20 comp 1,4 then 78 runs yes 78 runs have got into 20s only a couple time in many many goes.
Then a big fat duck next inning :facepalm

So heading into another long weekend, its going to be a huge session after footy training tonight, this is where the Great Mick Whiskas stands at the moment:

Currently only the P40 County one day cup are showing me any interest...

122780d1398294185-how-you-doing-your-career-dbc14-current-stats-2.png

Attachments

• DBC14 Current Stats 2.png
    DBC14 Current Stats 2.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 93
Going through a rough patch at the moment. I had a torrid start to my FC career with scores of 8, 2, 0 (golden duck) & 7. On my List A/odi debut I scored a 50 and a 19 in my next odi. I followed up these scores with a FC game in which I scored 27 and 107. I scored another 50 in a FC match and a 71 in a odi match.

I thought I had gotten the hang of batting but I couldn't have been more wrong. In my last FC game I failed to reach double digits, failed in my odi match as well and after signing with Sydney in the T20 league, failed to do much with a high of 17 in 3 games. Currently I average 26 in FC, less than 10 in T20 and mi 30s in odis.

Noone likes you whiskas go away with your ton

Its only my second ever one

and seriously man, ive played over 200 career games between 20/20, FC and OD so im not bragging trust me

but come one, you will get there premier, so will biggs and blockerdave, just dont make those mistakes...

I know we whinge about the super human fielding, the run outs and all those other things we call bugs, but we know they exist

the best thing about this game is its damn hard, those things add too the challenge, when it all comes together, and you play the flawless innings because you aware of those bugs, the satisfaction is so much more

oh and btw, I was dropped twice in that 114 lol!

----------

Havent got the greatest conversion either

1 hundred from 14 scores above 50......

[/COLOR]Havent got the greatest conversion either

1 hundred from 14 scores above 50......[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Shane Watson

my god this game makes you hate it.

first game of my third season, 1st inns, 30 and get out to my bad habit of front foot driving a bouncer... 2nd inns, get to 20, going wonderfully well. non-striker, ai batsman blocks it, i press b, my guy doesn't move. bowler picks it up, i press b again... my guy has some sort of fit, but doesn't move an inch closer to the crease. bowler throws down the stumps, i'm out, still pressing b forlornly.

i hate everyone.

Yeah thats happened to me 3 times now, including once when i was on 85...

Finished the first T20 season with a total of 159 runs at an average of 22 boosted by a couple of not outs. Other than a high score of 88* off 54 deliveries, there was precious little to show. Really thought I'm getting there after scoring that 88* but ran myself out the very next innings going for a tight double and after that it was a string of low scores.

Started my career today.
21 runout- both me and AI got stranded on the same end
25 runout -got runout while standing at the non-strikers end.. couldn't get back
30 runout- got runout cuz I couldn't get back in the crease after playing a shot.

all three dismissals were unique.

Users who are viewing this thread