How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Anybody else playing as a Zimbawean? I think @SpitfiresKent is but that is all that I know. I would love to hear how the boys are getting smashed around.

Nope not me. I haven't even touched on career mode yet. I'm currently playing the Zimbabwe 50 over domestic competition at the moment.

Had my first really exciting match the other day, in a T20 against Notts. We put on a decent total, think around 150. In the chase, I bowled a couple of early overs, picking up a 1/12. Then, the game simulates to the last 3 overs, Notts needing 16 to win. I manage to bowl the first over for just 6, picking up a wicket. Then, the penultimate over simulates, and I pray for a good over from Turdbach.

Then, it switches back to me for the final over, and they need 8 off 6, so the Turd must have bowled a good one.

First ball: A perfect yorker dug out by the batsman. 8 needed off 5.
Second Ball: Too short, not quick enough, smashed for 4. 4 needed off 4.
Third Ball: Full, swinging in to the left-hander, plumb in front, OUT LBW. 4 needed off 3.
Fourth Ball: Pushed into cover, quick single gained. 3 needed off 2.
Fifth Ball: Terrible running, easy run out. OUT. 3 needed off 1.
Sixth Ball: Perfect yorker, dug out, dot ball. Surrey win by 2 runs!

So good, going down to the last ball, with a lot of pressure on my 16 year old shoulders. Delivered though, and we won the match. Pretty happy with that one!

Final t20 game of my 2nd season - didn't really do too well in the seasons, but got 1 innings i think across all the competition. Took 1 for 11 in 4 overs against Middlesex - their total being 163/7. Got 25 from 17 with my batting, got a 91metre 6 and a 6 off the last ball (didnt show how big, landed a few metres the other side of the boundary). Sucessfully challenged the umpires decision for the first time as well. (from 10 games, got 2 innings...and a total score of 29 runs! Bowling wise, 14 wickets in total for 186 runs with a best of 4 for 12.

(Somehow, rather surprised tbh to get into the quarter finals!) Facing Sussex in the Quarters, then Gloucestershire if we win. The other Finals day teams are Surrey and Derbyshire.

I am almost at the end of my 2nd year now playing as no. 3 batsman for Essex

1st year avg:
1st Class: 16
One day: 13
T20: 24

2nd year avg so far:
1st Class: 51 (hs:134)
One day: 55 (hs: 116)
T20: 74 (hs:104)

After finishing first year I played some friendlies and practiced, learned to play late, on the front foot and not get over ambitious at times. :cheers

my weakness:
spinners and for some reasons I am edging a lot recently(not sure what's going on there???)

Last edited:
Playing in my 10th fc game of my seconds season with Surrey and hit my maiden fc 100 in the 1st innings. This was followed by my second in the 2nd innings. Took my career avge above the 30 mark. Only hit 1 50 in 1st season but now have 8 and 2 100's. Still no 1 day or t20 century tho but have 10 od 50's and 3 t20 50's. Very close to aus 50 over selection.

I'm a batting all-rounder at Yorkshire in my first year of career. Had a few decent knocks batting at 6 including 63 against Warwickshire in P40 and 49 against Surrey in a First Class Game. Haven't been as successful with bowling though - taking a few good wickets but often people seem to go after me.

Anyone have any bowling tips to take more wickets and reduce my economy? :)

Last edited:
Probably would help if you explained what you bowled: since seam and spin are so different in the game...

Probably would help if you explained what you bowled: since seam and spin are so different in the game...

Sorry yeah, I bowl seam and tend to stick to a 'Good length' with the occasional slower ball/inswinger/full ball which take my wickets but my player's confidence seems to be quite low and so he slides balls down the leg side which get punished

15 avg in 4 days. TWENTY20 the highest at 25 avg.?

For South Africa I avg 19 Test
ODI I avg 19 & a dismal 5 in T20 because I only batted once in 18 games in T20 ' s cause the top 4 batsman always get the score before my all rounder @ 5 comes in.?

I'm getting the hang of the game now & starting to love it even more I do feel frustrated @ the level of difficulty it goes up from Domestic to International. It's a bit ridiculous. I mean make it difficult not impossible to build an innings. Now I'm one who loves Test match cricket and can bat & block out like old Andrew Hudson for SA back in the day. But the thing is my mindset in right and keen for a long innings blocking most balls and starting slow so I can get confidence build up but that's impossible cause @ International level in career u don't just pay for bad shots or wrong footwork u almost edge everything or the one timed drive goes aerial every time! So frustrating.?

Think the move up to International should be harder in the way of it taking longer in ur innings to build confidence and only then u can play good timed drives or not be afraid of a spinner getting u 98% of the time in the 1st over grrr.?

Not like now where u sometimes go throw 5 test matches in a row with a high score of 21 odd runs and the rest single figures cause every ball u block is an edge.?

Still love the game and think it's the best ever. Hopefully all that will be tweaked and fixed in the new patch.?

Anyways that's my 5c's right there.?

Anyone else's thoughts?

Sorry yeah, I bowl seam and tend to stick to a 'Good length' with the occasional slower ball/inswinger/full ball which take my wickets but my player's confidence seems to be quite low and so he slides balls down the leg side which get punished

Try taking the pace of the ball more often, it would help.

Anybody playing here as pure batsman i just needed to know how much you get to bowl?

I'm half way through season 3 as i've just started the Australian season. I'm a batting all-rounder playing for Lancashire batting at 7. I seem to be a handy bowler while I struggle slightly with batting, however I have improved significantly since the start of the first season as I could barely get runs at the start and now I can get regular 10's and 20's with an occasional higher score.

First Class Matches: 83
Batting: Innings: 135, Runs: 1296, Average: 9.82, Best: 63*, SR: 85.98, NO: 3
Bowling: Wickets: 554, Average: 7.15 SR: 15.24, Best Innings: 9/10, Best Match: 16/14

40/50 over Matches: 55
Batting: Innings: 40, Runs: 427, Average: 10.95 Best: 33, SR: 104.91, NO: 1
Bowling: Wickets: 169, Average: 7.72 SR: 13.04, Best Match: 8/7

T20 Matches: 49
Batting: Innings: 23, Runs: 315, Average: 21.00, Best: 36, SR: 162.37, NO: 8
Bowling: Wickets: 84, Average: 7.47 SR: 10.45, Best Match: 6/5

Test Matches: 24
Batting: Innings: 45, Runs: 368, Average: 8.36, Best: 63*, SR: 73.30, NO: 1
Bowling: Wickets: 83, Average: 20.79 SR: 31.98, Best Innings: 5/36, Best Match: 8/92

ODI Matches: 16
Batting: Innings: 12 Runs: 112, Average: 9.33 Best: 30, SR: 80.00, NO: 0
Bowling: Wickets: 32, Average: 12.90 SR: 17.81, Best Match: 4/33

T20I Matches: 6
Batting: Innings: 2, Runs: 23, Average: 23.00, Best: 13, SR: 191.66, NO: 1
Bowling: Wickets: 9, Average: 13.22 SR: 12.00, Best Match: 4/21

Users who are viewing this thread