How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just took 6-28 in an innings against Essex - my best figures so far and my first 5-for. Added one more wicket in the second innings for match figures of 7-53. Not doing much with the bat these days though. The whole "add two wickets to the score" idea is pretty accurate when I'm concerned, haha!

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fed up of getting stumped when trying to cut a spinner. The whole batsmans attitude about being in your ground is Jos Buttler like. As if it isnt difficult enough. This game is broken, just been stumped coming forward to a fast bowler. Doh

----------

Also how on earth do you play a yellow full ball without getting bowled?

Stumped playing the cut? Are you playing a front foot cut? I literally can't wrap my head around this can happen at all.

Mind you, I was a spin bowler when I played cricket, so you won't see me trying to cut ...

And playing a yellow full ball is just a matter of timing and footwork, like all the other deliveries. Although occasionally it seems like you get one that you simply can't do anything with (much like in the meat)

Bware

Club Cricketer
Only one career game so far, playing on pro and it was my first game. Battling all-rounder, bowling leg breaks. I scored about 6 runs in two innings. But I took six wickets in the first innings. In fact I was the only taking wickets for most of it. I took 6 of the first 7 wickets. The AI had me bowl about 30 overs. The second innings I didn't get to bowl at all because they managed to score enough runs before I was given a chance.

Anyway, my bowling stats have increased a lot, but my batting stats... so much for batting all-rounder.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Reached 282 ,18 away from 300
After this innings my avg will shot upto to 50+
Current fc avg 2.8
Previous batting scores

In bowling
14 wickets at 13
Bbi 4/29

Last edited:

ninjapintu

Club Captain
Can anyone tell me how the difficulty system of career works on pc? I was getting the hang of batting in pro but suddenly it got way harder and even getting to 20 became a pain. The nets are showing difficulty as veteran. Does that mean the difficulty went up even though I was barely playing well on pro?

Local Man

School Cricketer
My first career player is a leg spinner. I picked rookie level at the start, thinking I'd be able to modify the difficulty after my career had started but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Am I missing something, or will I get the option at some point to increase the difficulty? It's getting to the point now where I'm having a 'Laker's Match' every game but I'd rather not start the career over just to get the difficulty up to at least pro level.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Can anyone tell me how the difficulty system of career works on pc? I was getting the hang of batting in pro but suddenly it got way harder and even getting to 20 became a pain. The nets are showing difficulty as veteran. Does that mean the difficulty went up even though I was barely playing well on pro?

My first career player is a leg spinner. I picked rookie level at the start, thinking I'd be able to modify the difficulty after my career had started but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Am I missing something, or will I get the option at some point to increase the difficulty? It's getting to the point now where I'm having a 'Laker's Match' every game but I'd rather not start the career over just to get the difficulty up to at least pro level.

The difficulty level of career mode increases upto two level to the level selected....

If selected,

Rookie- Amateur & Pro.

Amateur- Pro & Veteran.

Pro- Veteran & Legend.

Veteran -Legend and stays legend.

Legend- Stays Legend throughout.

ninjapintu

Club Captain
Ya but exactly when does the difficulty level increase? And how do we know that it has increased?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So, I was made captain of domestic T20 team. And even though I am an opening batsman, I decided to try bowling my full quota, since I am the captain now and I have powers to misuse. Before this I had bowled about 7-8 overs through 3 years of my career

Its ridiculous how easy it was to get wickets. My figures 6 for 10 in 3.4 overs (WTF??) with the AI getting allout for 75 after being 51/0. And then I hogged the strike, and got my 50 as well.

Got 350XP and almost 3000 career points :| Also got 'expecting selection' in India T20I team. Felt kinda cheap easy, when compared to just putting in all efforts as a pure batsman

It was great fun captaining the side though. Making field changes, and bowling changes. And putting my career player in important fielding positions :P

2a7y42d.jpg

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You'll fit right in to the Zimbabwe team with those sort of scores ;)

Seriously though, makes a change from all of those hundreds and double hundreds you were getting on the PS3 version! :p

Haha, yeah perfect for Zimbabwe! ;) will have to spend more time to adjust to this small PC mode from big screen TV mode. All my dismissals were trying to place the shot a bit earlier than it should.

----------

Its ridiculous how easy it was to get wickets. My figures 6 for 10 in 3.4 overs (WTF??) with the AI getting allout for 75 after being 51/0. And then I hogged the strike, and got my 50 as well.

Would assume its without patch2? Because in patch2, am finding a great challenge to own the AI batting with my bowling. Managing to get bunch of maiden overs but fighting hard to get the wickets!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@surendar - yes. This is without patch1 on my PS3.

I expected bowling to be easy reading the comments here, but I was still surprised at how easy it was to get wickets. Especially when the AI is in the mood to attack

Users who are viewing this thread