How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
i played few innings in career mode on pro,all of my dismissals where caught behind,either keeper or slips.when i bowled(100+overs)never got an edge from ai batsmen.:noway

Another century missed 2 in a row now...in One day....career mode
But this was quick in comparison to the previous one.....81 (47)
View attachment 130699
Got an edge of the AI batsman umpire didnt give it ....so I used DRS and it showed an edge .....catch cleanly taken....but then upmire totally ignores it..
View attachment 130700
this things also happened with me .

Hey bud, care sharing your discovery about reducing no. of edges with us? I'm struggling with edges while playing shots on the off side, especially against spinners, and any tips would be appreciated.

Make sure that you have both triggers depressed (aggressive ground stroke), it seems if you don't, or play in a half hearted manner without attacking the ball, you get punished. Watch out for the short cover as well who takes a lot of catches if you mistime a cover drive. Put any off side shots away if you are in maybe a difficult FC match

Of course edges will still happen, but obviously when they happen every ball you need to do something about it

England coach Paul Boors was spotted at today's Yorkshire game, looking at their opening pair as a possible replacement for struggling England opener, Steve Bobson

PBoors_young_talent.jpg

But with Somerset rampant in their second innings, could his appetite have been whetted by another young talent?

Young_Talent.jpg

^Why does the stadium look really white?

Hey bud, care sharing your discovery about reducing no. of edges with us? I'm struggling with edges while playing shots on the off side, especially against spinners, and any tips would be appreciated.

Me too, I am hating spinners now as they irritate me always opening the new ball( with Indian domestic roster ). Only couple of times, I managed to remove the spinners from their spells by destroying them with scoring of 30 runs in an over but they dominate me most of the times.

anyone else have a problem where they try and save their career mode after the game has finished, but it freezes and lose all progress? Happened to me when playing Derbyshire, took 12-78 and 207 off 126 balls but it froze? Pls reply

Please report in the bug format. Also, if unverified and on PC version then give Steam ID etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1411340207][/DOUBLEPOST]
^Why does the stadium look really white?

The textures haven't loaded for some reason - odd, we will check it out.

Make sure that you have both triggers depressed (aggressive ground stroke), it seems if you don't, or play in a half hearted manner without attacking the ball, you get punished. Watch out for the short cover as well who takes a lot of catches if you mistime a cover drive. Put any off side shots away if you are in maybe a difficult FC match

Of course edges will still happen, but obviously when they happen every ball you need to do something about it

I don't play with aggressive triggers and stick to playing normal shots. Don't have reaction time to depress the trigger after determining line & length of the ball.

Me too, I am hating spinners now as they irritate me always opening the new ball( with Indian domestic roster ). Only couple of times, I managed to remove the spinners from their spells by destroying them with scoring of 30 runs in an over but they dominate me most of the times.

I can play spinners sort of okish on the leg side but can't do much when they leave a gap on the off side. I invariably end up edging to the wkt keeper. Strangely enough have the same issue with slow medium pacers such as Sayers and Bopara - I can't play them through the off side as I end up edging to the keeper or play on.

I can play spinners sort of okish on the leg side but can't do much when they leave a gap on the off side. I invariably end up edging to the wkt keeper. Strangely enough have the same issue with slow medium pacers such as Sayers and Bopara - I can't play them through the off side as I end up edging to the keeper or play on.

personally you are on a less edgy version on console, especially spin was kind of too easy on that one iirc, i think you are playing too late or too early what difficulty are you playing on?

One other thing that helps me is having trails on for timing as it helps to get you to time the ball according to the position it is in. other thing is with spin don't commit footwork unless you are sure as the drift will change a delivery looking at mid stump to off stump easily, but you have a lot of time to make the adjustment so if you are patient with footwork and get timing right you should be able to get a lot of runs against spin. i would suggest trying to block a bit and goo for loose deliveries on your legs or offside for starters and then once you are sure you can expand.

Last edited:
I faced Gavin Larsen in the nets once (retired NZ cricketer) and he got me out about a dozen times in 30 minutes, this was a couple of years after he hung up his boots. Embarrassingly, he was telling the other bowlers how he was planning to get me out next.

Career players start with next to no batting skills across the board, it's reasonable to expect some 16 or 17 year old youngster edges everything or miss-times a lot when playing first class players. I suspect it's about grinding the skill points in career mode and embracing the fact that you're not supposed to be Sachin or Ponting within your first few career years.

My question to others is this: in Real Life™, if you keep pushing non-defensively to balls on or outside off stump, what is the likely end result?

Users who are viewing this thread