How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Got a feeling that how much the captain bowls you is determined by your position in the batting order, rather than skill rating. My career player bats at 8 and I open the bowling every innings, and bowl as much, if not more than the other bowlers.

Wish this could this be clarified. @fiction

Absolutely loving the patch update in PC. Getting that rhythm in pro difficulty finally like I used to play in PS3 finally, PC struggles are over!

First OD career match after patch :

Have been playing continuously with this career guy & taking a day off in my work! :p So, 3 seasons finished and last 5 innings has been on top curve for my player. Hopefully season 4 takes him on a successful path. It includes,
  • FC match with 30 & 62* innings where that 62 run innings demolished the pace attack where we had to score 80 odd runs in last 1 hour of the final day in FC. Blindly went after the pace attack(fortunately, no spinners in this match to open the new ball! ) winning it for my team but MOTM went to a bowler who got 5-fers.
  • OD match ton - YES!! First TON! 192 Runs. Took break after 150 runs, thought I was refreshed but when I resumed - I got dismissed when I was getting excited to get that 200 in OD. Damn, but gave it away after reaching 150 by going on top for every ball that included 5 consecutive sixes off the left arm medium pacer.
  • Last OD match of the season ended with another ton while chasing with MOTM performance.

Still in helmet rating 2, maxing out on front foot skill, Expecting selection for Aus OD, Getting Attention for IPL and still long way to go for INTL selection.

OD stats : 36 Matches, 1282 Runs, AVG 38, 7 50s, 2 100s, HS 192
FC Stats( have been forfeiting many FCs ) : 40 Innings, 702 Runs, 3 50s, 0 100s, HS 62*

good to see i'm not alone in AI's bowling blunders.i'm a bowling all rounder playing for yorkshire.with an economy of under 2.strike rate of 6.yet i get to bowl,when the opponents are at 0/150 in 25 overs.
i'm bowling maidens in one end,they are giving 8,10 in an over other end.:facepalm
is my captain also 16 year old?

lost the semifinal match of t20 due to poor ai batting,when i got out(30 of 8),my team needed 35 in 5 overs,in the end ended up with 2 runs short,with 5 wickets in hand.:mad

So as I commented yesterday, my career player's form has dropped to nearly nothing. We won the IPL as Kings XI, but I was averaging about 7 during the tournament. I did score my only 50 of the tournament in the final though to steer us home. I then continued to start the next season and started of with scores of 0, 1, 4 and 15 in the first 2 four day matches. I hope this slump passes quickly.

Scored career best 67(75).no shots in the air.everything along the turf.
and a five-for.
and MoM

Attachments

• 2014-09-23_00020.jpg
    2014-09-23_00020.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 2014-09-23_00010.jpg
    2014-09-23_00010.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 2014-09-23_00032.jpg
    2014-09-23_00032.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 13
made my T20 england debut, on the strength possibly of winning the big bash. No great shakes in bowling in only taking 4 wickets in the 5 games (easily the best economy of either side though) but batted well and we won 5-0.

Annoyingly, england played in whites. So I might have to start another career :(

after 3 days break i am back to game, scored 37 of 41 in one day game.

I am not restarting the career, I thinks its going to be fun playing with India's all time greats.:D:lol

Had a couple of great one day matches in career.
The first one was a rain affect D/L PRO40, the opposition scored 184 odd in 40 overs rain interrupted and the overs was adjusted to 32. my team lost 2 quick wickets for 25/2 and i walked in after steadying the chase a bit started accelerating as the rain was always a possibility and had to be on par if D/l accounted.
scored a good 60 and just as i was about to finish the match it started and we finished it in a over as it was starting to pour down felt really great, walking of with the match in the bag as the rain came down.
2014-09-23_00036.jpg 2014-09-23_00031.jpg

Another odi that i enjoyed more for the scenery, a lot of us often compare the graphics to other big titles like fifa, but just the transition of a game from day to night in one day matches takes the cake, it looks down right gorgeous and immersive as you experience, no other sports game can give that feeling of making you feel as if you have spent that whole day in that stadium and playing.

was chasing 312 got in at 74/2 and orchestrated the chase again as the sun set and lights came on, wickets kept falling at the other end a couple due to my mistake in calling runs, and just as i entered into the last leg of the chase and felt i would take it home again nicked one to the keeper going for a lofted shot, was a bummer to see the team loose form there with just 40 of 40 balls, on hindsight if i had avoided the runouts may be we would have won great game overall.

2014-09-23_00049.jpg

2014-09-23_00071.jpg

2014-09-23_00059.jpg 2014-09-23_00076.jpg 2014-09-23_00078.jpg

Another Century missed 84 (63)
Now 3 centuries missed because of excitement and poor shot selection and off course edges...
2014-09-23_00019.jpg
a partnership of 100 too
2014-09-23_00017.jpg
And a inning of 58 (24) in One day
2014-09-23_00004.jpg

good to see i'm not alone in AI's bowling blunders.i'm a bowling all rounder playing for yorkshire.with an economy of under 2.strike rate of 6.yet i get to bowl,when the opponents are at 0/150 in 25 overs.
i'm bowling maidens in one end,they are giving 8,10 in an over other end.:facepalm
is my captain also 16 year old?

lost the semifinal match of t20 due to poor ai batting,when i got out(30 of 8),my team needed 35 in 5 overs,in the end ended up with 2 runs short,with 5 wickets in hand.:mad
not as not as bad as me, we needed 12 off the last over, bairstow blocked every single ball and we lost the t20 final!

Started another one as a #2 batsman, made 53 and 68 in my first 4 day game, then went to the 40 over comp and went utterly mental.

Scored 528. B C Lara your record is no more!

Thought jsut playing as a batsman might make games shorter than being a bowling all rounder, but I'm starting to think that might not be the case. Could be slower to score points too.

Damn you for not allowing kit changes in career :(

My career player( pure opening batsman ) was allowed to bowl 5 consecutive overs as part-timer in pro40 match. Wait, am I dreaming?

That was a great pressure to feel as 'ZERO' skilled bowler bowling with RRR around 7RPO, and ended up giving 40 runs in those 5 overs. Loved the AI strategy of part-timer options, as it gives us plenty of room to think just to bowl straight and stick to the field without doing anything extra to spoil the momentum.

Regarding stumpings in Career mode when I first brought the game in April this year I used to get easy stumpings in orther modes maybe a bit too much. Now I know that u only control your Career player and not the wicketkeeper but so many times I have beaten the AI with flight in the air etc when looking on the replay the batsman is miles out of his crease and at least the batsman should easily be stumped sometimes, now I don't expect to get stumpings all the time with my wrist spinner but it gets ridiculous the number of times when I have drawn them down the pitch and they have missed the ball and the wicket keeper daydreams for a second and although he eventually takes the bails off they are back in the crease is there any one out there who has any tips or advice on how to get stumpings in career mode.

I'm now wondering if it's going to be quicker to carry on with my new batsman career or create another bowling all-rounder. I'd preferably like to race through the first english season (and first half of aussie season) as quickly as possible to "catch up" with my old career. Just batting means you get no influence with ball so can't bowl teams out cheaply and need to score a lot of runs all the time.

hmm. decisions.

Anyone tried this and know which is quicker?

Still in helmet rating 2, maxing out on front foot skill, Expecting selection for Aus OD, Getting Attention for IPL and still long way to go for INTL selection.

OD stats : 36 Matches, 1282 Runs, AVG 38, 7 50s, 2 100s, HS 192
FC Stats( have been forfeiting many FCs ) : 40 Innings, 702 Runs, 3 50s, 0 100s, HS 62*

Got offer for Aus domestic teams(NSW Blues, TT, WW) at end of season for OD, and chose to play for NSW Blues! :)

Users who are viewing this thread