How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Yesterday I knuckled down and scored a brilliant 126 from 99 balls in a p40 match. I as a number 4 batsman came in in the 5th over and batted until the 39th. At one stage with 10 overs left I was on 73 of 68 and I started to worry as my batting partner kept on hogging the strike, but the 34th over ended up being a productive one as I punish the opposition spinner for 4 fours and a 2 to move to 96. This game is really so amazing, it felt like a real triumph getting to a hundred. This weekend I am going to try and continue this good form and carry it over to the longer version as I am the third highest run scorer in the one day version after 4 rounds.

Yesterday I knuckled down and scored a brilliant 126 from 99 balls in a p40 match. I as a number 4 batsman came in in the 5th over and batted until the 39th. At one stage with 10 overs left I was on 73 of 68 and I started to worry as my batting partner kept on hogging the strike, but the 34th over ended up being a productive one as I punish the opposition spinner for 4 fours and a 2 to move to 96. This game is really so amazing, it felt like a real triumph getting to a hundred. This weekend I am going to try and continue this good form and carry it over to the longer version as I am the third highest run scorer in the one day version after 4 rounds.
yes this game is so realistic.
last night i scored my first county championship century in career mode took me 135 balls.
i was so relieved when i got to 3 figures that i lost my concentration & chased a ball outside off stump & knicked it to the wicket keeper.
I've seen so many players do this in the real game & it's little things like that which makes this game so great.

Got out on 76 from 98 balls off a short of good length ball which I tried to cut but edged it to the WK ,beaten by pace...Was very realistic to watch....

Finally a confident and Enjoyable 50 after patch 2.5, Not out on 50 off 60 balls....Changed my approach to the innings and the main change is my stance, now I have started taking mid stump stance so that reduces the chances of edging, and playing freely now and ENJOYING the game which was missing at the start of the patch release....@grkrama Hope I score those big runs now....

When you say "mid stump" stance, do you mean you move right handed batsman to the right (off side) from the default stance position? If yes, how are you able to play shots through the off side since the AI bowls mostly on the stumps and there wouldn't be any room to play the off side shots.

Do elaborate in detail the method you follow as I'm struggling with edges while playing through the off side but I must add that I generally make room to play shots on the off side by moving towards leg so as to make enough room to play the shot.

Last edited:
yes this game is so realistic.
last night i scored my first county championship century in career mode took me 135 balls.
i was so relieved when i got to 3 figures that i lost my concentration & chased a ball outside off stump & knicked it to the wicket keeper.
I've seen so many players do this in the real game & it's little things like that which makes this game so great.
Yeah it feels very realistic....And I feel that there's nothing like form in the game it's just the feel good factor that you have which gives the good innings...

I've seen so many players do this in the real game & it's little things like that which makes this game so great

So true. I have had this happen to me as well, where I get a major boost when I get over the nervous nineties and play some stupid shot which I had refrained from playing throughout the innings. BigAnt have nailed the batting aspect of this game (cant say much about bowling, as I don't do it much).

Its amazing how well they have captured the mental aspect of the game. Even though there is no "form" thing built in the game, the effort that it takes to get to a century puts me in a great frame of mind and has a positive psychological effect on me. As a result, my next few scores are healthy 30s to 70s or even another 100. This is form in the most realistic sense. The same holds true when I get a single digit score a couple of times and just continue to make mistakes after mistakes and get a long string of poor scores. Its not like my player suddenly has low skill points and cant play. Its all in my head and its all my mental block. Finally have to tell myself .. "okay relax. Cut down on those cheeky shots and get to 20-30 and take it from there".

Absolutely brilliant

When you say "mid stump" stance, do you mean you move right handed batsman to the right from the default stance position? If yes, how are you able to play shots through the off side since the AI bowls mostly on the stumps. Do elaborate in detail the method you follow as I'm struggling with edges while playing through the off side but I must add that I generally make room to play shots on the off side by moving towards leg so as to make enough room to play the shot.
I play as a left handed and move one step to the left from default stance i.e what I mean by mid stump stance is that when the batsman taps the bat, he taps on the mid stump line....With this I am able to play off side less than I used to as I have to be sure at what shots I play and what kind of delivery is the bowler bowling...So my theory for playing off is never play when its short of a good length on the off side ,try pulling it on the leg instead....If full length then you can confidently play on the off but be sure of the foot placement if you play on legend as that the crucial thing for avoiding edges...

What I did today was play on the leg side when the ball is on mid or leg stump and take the singles, and when I reached about 20 I started looking for shots on the off but more on the wide long off region as its more comfortable zone to take those singles and doubles...In the innings I played today I scored only 1 boundary remaining were 1,2 & 3...This is what I did, If you want to ask anything specific then sure do, will answer that...

So true. I have had this happen to me as well, where I get a major boost when I get over the nervous nineties and play some stupid shot which I had refrained from playing throughout the innings. BigAnt have nailed the batting aspect of this game (cant say much about bowling, as I don't do it much).

Its amazing how well they have captured the mental aspect of the game. Even though there is no "form" thing built in the game, the effort that it takes to get to a century puts me in a great frame of mind and has a positive psychological effect on me. As a result, my next few scores are healthy 30s to 70s or even another 100. This is form in the most realistic sense. The same holds true when I get a single digit score a couple of times and just continue to make mistakes after mistakes and get a long string of poor scores. Its not like my player suddenly has low skill points and cant play. Its all in my head and its all my mental block. Finally have to tell myself .. "okay relax. Cut down on those cheeky shots and get to 20-30 and take it from there".

Absolutely brilliant
That's spot on....And that transfers to the next innings and the feel to play the next match becomes more important than any other work as the confidence factor that the game creates makes us play the game more and more....If the "Form" is not working out well then give the game a break [as players do in real life]....Absolutely brilliant....

I play as a left handed and move one step to the left from default stance i.e what I mean by mid stump stance is that when the batsman taps the bat, he taps on the mid stump line....With this I am able to play off side less than I used to as I have to be sure at what shots I play and what kind of delivery is the bowler bowling...So my theory for playing off is never play when its short of a good length on the off side ,try pulling it on the leg instead....If full length then you can confidently play on the off but be sure of the foot placement if you play on legend as that the crucial thing for avoiding edges...

What I did today was play on the leg side when the ball is on mid or leg stump and take the singles, and when I reached about 20 I started looking for shots on the off but more on the wide long off region as its more comfortable zone to take those singles and doubles...In the innings I played today I scored only 1 boundary remaining were 1,2 & 3...This is what I did, If you want to ask anything specific then sure do, will answer that...

I find playing on the off side easier with a left handed batsman because of the angle and the room a left handed batsman gets to play the shot. However it's tougher for the right handed batsmen as the ball tends to come in most of the stumps and you will struggle if you take the middle stump guard in the game for playing through the off side.

I find playing on the off side easier with a left handed batsman because of the angle and the room a left handed batsman gets to play the shot. However it's tougher for the right handed batsmen as the ball tends to come in most of the stumps and you will struggle if you take the middle stump guard in the game for playing through the off side.
No I dont think so as the game is balanced for both left and right handed batsmen, I have played many shots on the off which have come into the batsman, its just that the game now is more edges prone on the off side because of which I have started reducing the amount of shots played....I think the problem that might happen with right handed is that the chances of getting LBW for playing across is more in right than left handed batsman...:)

@cricket_online :I will try and play a right handed when possible and express my opinions at that...:thumbs

Yeah do that and let me know how it works for you. After playing casual matches post patch 2.5, I find it easier to play shots through off with a left hander as I tend to edge behind less. With right hander an edge to the wkt keeper is just round the corner, but not so with a left hander.

It would be great if Big Ant can incorporate an optional feedback mechanism in the game so you can see why you edged the ball and learn from it. At the moment edging behind while playing through the offside seems a bit random.

I play as a left handed

lol no wonder you edge a lot as most bowlers are RH and take the ball at an angle from LHB, as a RHB i have same troubles against left arm seamers when they take the ball at an angle which is pretty realistic.

Yeah do that and let me know how it works for you. After playing casual matches post patch 2.5, I find it easier to play shots through off with a left hander as I tend to edge behind less. With right hander an edge to the wkt keeper is just round the corner, but not so with a left hander.

It would be great if Big Ant can incorporate an optional feedback mechanism in the game so you can see why you edged the ball and learn from it. At the moment edging behind while playing through the offside seems a bit random.

That has not been the case for me, as I have got out edging in the last 5 innings I have played after 2.5 patch....

That was exactly the thing which I was thinking of as a direction DBC and Big Ants should lead the game...Had the opinion on seeing videos of NBA 2K15, where they have coaching sessions where the coach teaches them how to get better in the game, its awesome..
Here:

Think of a DBC game which has got absolute strategy for leading a game where people can improve in the game and cricket in general as well...Think of a game which analyses the way we play and teaches us to get better results and improve ourselves as the cricketer [virtually] which I think Big Ants can execute very well...But the budget for such things might be high but its surely possible for them....[DOUBLEPOST=1411662815][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol no wonder you edge a lot as most bowlers are RH and take the ball at an angle from LHB, as a RHB i have same troubles against left arm seamers when they take the ball at an angle which is pretty realistic.
Yeah its the case of Vice Versa...

^^^
At the moment I would be more than happy with a simple feedback mechanism which tells me whether my footwork was good/bad/ugly/excellent and whether my timing was good/bad/poor/excellent. This basic info should be more than enough for us at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread