How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
^^^
At the moment I would be more than happy with a simple feedback mechanism which tells me whether my footwork was good/bad/ugly/excellent and whether my timing was good/bad/poor/excellent. This basic info should be more than enough for us at the moment.
Yeah that would do for now....

When you say "mid stump" stance, do you mean you move right handed batsman to the right (off side) from the default stance position? If yes, how are you able to play shots through the off side since the AI bowls mostly on the stumps and there wouldn't be any room to play the off side shots.

Do elaborate in detail the method you follow as I'm struggling with edges while playing through the off side but I must add that I generally make room to play shots on the off side by moving towards leg so as to make enough room to play the shot.

I am also struggling with edges especially when I try & play on the off side, the fear of edges have stopped me from playing off side totally - edges increase drastically when ur career player is playing against an international side in either ODIs or T20I's or Test internationals:(

Can Ross or the team tweak the game to reduce the edges a bit? I see a lot of posts complaining on the increasing number of edges...last thing I want is to get out edging when I'm on 40+ or 80/90+:mad

I am also struggling with edges especially when I try & play on the off side, the fear of edges have stopped me from playing off side totally - edges increase drastically when ur career player is playing against an international side in either ODIs or T20I's or Test internationals:(

Can Ross or the team tweak the game to reduce the edges a bit? I see a lot of posts complaining on the increasing number of edges...last thing I want is to get out edging when I'm on 40+ or 80/90+:mad
Edges are there but if its a test match I accept that because you expect that kind of field with 3 slips and a gully for many overs, but in a One day match not so but its there, even in a 30th over of pro 40, not 3 slips and a gully but 1 slip and gully which you don't expect as they are the slog overs....Maybe the field tweak might work...

Im sorry but I don't get where you guys are coming from. There are a lot less edges when batting - particularly now that defensive strokes are much less riskier. Batting out overs is so, so much easier now. In pro difficulty that is.

If you're playing at higher levels of difficulty, it might be worth dropping down to a lower level before complaining there are too many edges. Pro is perfect for batting now.

Are you guys saying that there are too many edges in veteran and legend that makes it impossible to ever be able perform at this level regardless of how many hours you put in?

Im sorry but I don't get where you guys are coming from. There are a lot less edges when batting - particularly now that defensive strokes are much less riskier. Batting out overs is so, so much easier now. In pro difficulty that is.

If you're playing at higher levels of difficulty, it might be worth dropping down to a lower level before complaining there are too many edges. Pro is perfect for batting now.

Are you guys saying that there are too many edges in veteran and legend that makes it impossible to ever be able perform at this level regardless of how many hours you put in?

Yep, I was complaining about the veteran level....i.e when your career players bats against international teams the batting gets tougher (wrt edges)...especially when placing the ball on the off side.

My career player (#5 bat, pro) has been steadily improving since the patch. Recently posted a career high in first class of 90 from around 130 balls. I find that I can generally play one good long innings before my concentration starts to waver. If I face 100+ balls in the first innings, then going directly into the second innings I sometimes find it difficult to readjust my mindset and start building an innings again. This is a good and realistic challenge though.

As I'm nearing the end of the third season I will try and post some stats when I get home later. The PS3 patch hit mid-season and my stats pre and post-patch are markedly different. I seem to have improved more in First Class than in Pro40 or T20 (perhaps in part because coming in at 5 often leaves me 1-10 overs to bat with the field spread, which can be challenging). In first class I am trying to play the anchor role - other formats trying to play according to the situation.

Yet another match where we pulled off victory by 1 wicket, what a close finish. Pitch was tricky with boundaries looking very tough. My opening career player tried to maintain patience rotating strikes, but got dismissed in between the battle of walking towards victory & after a promising 50!

Loved the innings while rotating singles/doubles with opening stand of 90 runs acting as perfect platform to chase and win this one. :) Also to mention that, my player also got A WICKET from part-time bowling in the same match. What else could be more satisfying when your player is so much involved to bring the team to a victory, loving every ball & every match in this game.

sidhu3.png

sidhu4.png

@cricket_online :Look at this video for reference, even he has taken that mid stump stance and is playing freely both on the off and the on sides...

Note: Not sure whether this is after the patch or before...But the uploaded date is very recent one...

my first year is over and this is the report.

Attachments

• 1st.jpg
    1st.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 41
Had a career T20 game today, it was shortened to 16 overs because of rain before the game started, then after a few overs of me batting it rained again and the game said shortened to 15 overs. Then my team bowled and the opposition finished with a couple less than my team after 15 overs so we should have won. Then to my amazement they got another over and won the match.:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread