How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Regarding stumpings in Career mode when I first brought the game in April this year I used to get easy stumpings in orther modes maybe a bit too much. Now I know that u only control your Career player and not the wicketkeeper but so many times I have beaten the AI with flight in the air etc when looking on the replay the batsman is miles out of his crease and at least the batsman should easily be stumped sometimes, now I don't expect to get stumpings all the time with my wrist spinner but it gets ridiculous the number of times when I have drawn them down the pitch and they have missed the ball and the wicket keeper daydreams for a second and although he eventually takes the bails off they are back in the crease is there any one out there who has any tips or advice on how to get stumpings in career mode.

I'm also struggling to get any stumpings. The keeper takes the ball clean and then delays just long enough before whipping off the bails.

Makes me think if the game is running checks or something similar between the keeper taking the ball and registering that he's out of his ground?

So after the Aus OD contract, I had the best experience in my first OD match for NSW. We were asked to bat first, not sure whether difficulty level gone up by 1, but felt tough to score boundaries and lost the battle of rotating strikes on 26 runs from 37 balls.

Was disappointed to see my stumps flying, but guess what? AI asked me to bowl(part-time) once again when my opponents needed 54 runs from 14 overs with 5 wickets remaining. Thought that I would be smashed for runs despite the defensive field set, but I was surprised that good line/length - mixing of pace did the trick. Yes, ended up with 3/10 saving the match for my team leading to victory. :D However, MOTM went to the opponent batsman(North) who scored a brilliant century & was dismissed by me!

MOTM needs revised logics, oh well.. NOT complaining! ;) What a realistic match feel it has been while playing, just remembered those tense moments of cricket in TV!

Oh boy, this game is killing me with tense moments. Guess I shouldn't be playing continuous matches.

In the OD vs South Australia, they dominated in bat with 359 runs batting first. With my career player, who came as opener, batting through out the innings until the last over - we made it in the end with 3 balls to spare. While opening the new ball, realized that it was a dusty wicket and we conquered the initial 10 overs with 80 for no loss, & from there it was pure rotating of strikes. RRR of 7 runs per over kept haunting me until the end, but it was nail biting finish for me.

Unlucky that I ended up on 198* runs from 126 balls, second time in reaching 190 but not going to that magical 200 in OD. Also to be noted that, Hughes from SA team(opponent) also reached 191* runs staying until the end. Feeling so satisfied, that I just miss the real sweat on my face to feel the heat!

Can never stop saying THANK YOU to @BigAntStudios for making this game so realistic! Kudos & Kudos & more KUDOS!

I have a suggestion for future iterations / patches / versions...whatever we want to call them. When you come to the end of a season in career mode it would be nice to be able to review your player and change his physical appearance (people change their "look" over time) and some of the attributes. People get fitter over time, their strength of shot improves etc etc. It would be cool to be able to review this and change the values to match your play style.

For example, I set up my player before any of the patches and to stop him lifting it straight to deep square leg I set his "shot power" attribute quite low. Now, rather than have to start a new farkin career I'd like to be able to tinker with the values slightly and increase this ability.

It's certainly not a deal breaker, just a nice to have and if it was ONLY available at the end of a season would make it all the more valuable.

I have a suggestion for future iterations / patches / versions...whatever we want to call them. When you come to the end of a season in career mode it would be nice to be able to review your player and change his physical appearance (people change their "look" over time) and some of the attributes. People get fitter over time, their strength of shot improves etc etc. It would be cool to be able to review this and change the values to match your play style.

For example, I set up my player before any of the patches and to stop him lifting it straight to deep square leg I set his "shot power" attribute quite low. Now, rather than have to start a new farkin career I'd like to be able to tinker with the values slightly and increase this ability.

It's certainly not a deal breaker, just a nice to have and if it was ONLY available at the end of a season would make it all the more valuable.

Making changes at the end of a season would be great.

After all, teams do change players during their off season. And their kits. And like you said people change looks too.

Maybe it should ask you if you want to "sync" the career with the rest of the game if you've made any changes since starting the career or something.

career.png

Finally finished my first season as a bowling all-rounder (leg spinner) on Pro difficulty, obviously.

Bowling stats from the County Championship. Obviously I'm as proud of this as much as I would be if i did it in real life. Batting average was 14 with a best of 84. I am dump.

Just got my best career score in a pro 40 game VS scotland.
Never could have got this score before patch 2.5.

Attachments

• 100_0505.JPG
    100_0505.JPG
    419 KB · Views: 27
Just got my best career score in a pro 40 game VS scotland.
Never could have got this score before patch 2.5.
Seems like you have enjoyed that innings...Post the wagon wheel to see your innings approach in the future....:D

Has anyone ever seen a run-out when they've been bowling?

I have, and recently too. It was during an India vs Pakistan match, no less. My career player (member of the Indian team) was bowling when the AI decided to take a quick single by pushing the ball to the midwicket region. The fielder slid, picked up the ball and made a direct hit. The batsman had to walk back as he was short of his crease - they didnt even go to the third umpire.

Well I'm getting stumped enough times, all you have to do is miss a cut shot off a spinner, hammer the no run button furiously and he just stands there, off balance, and a second later you get stumped.. So infuriating, another evening wasted building up an innings

Finally a confident and Enjoyable 50 after patch 2.5, Not out on 50 off 60 balls....Changed my approach to the innings and the main change is my stance, now I have started taking mid stump stance so that reduces the chances of edging, and playing freely now and ENJOYING the game which was missing at the start of the patch release....@grkrama Hope I score those big runs now....

Users who are viewing this thread