How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
started a new career yesterday, opening batsman starting on Pro, playing for Gloucestershire.

started with 12 and 98 in the first FC game, before falling for a first baller in the Pro 40. followed up with 33 and 0 in the next FC, and 50 in the next Pro 40. The List A 50 was off 22 balls, and when I got out our partnership was 55!

pretty pleased with the start. i'm gonna be following this through. my aim is to score 100 FC 100s.

All the best with that.
an attempt really to see if it's possible... because once you get in to the career progression you start missing FC games because of T20I and ODIs so you really need to be racking them up. which is why I was super gutted to get out for 98 in 2nd innings of my FC debut!

Sounds like hit and giggle cricket!! I played as all time England a couple of nights ago, only on amateur cos I'm not too good at the game, and managed to bat out an entire day for 240\2. Sir jack Hobbs was unbeaten on 120 from 250+ balls was really chuffed with myself!!!

an attempt really to see if it's possible... because once you get in to the career progression you start missing FC games because of T20I and ODIs so you really need to be racking them up. which is why I was super gutted to get out for 98 in 2nd innings of my FC debut!
All in all I think this will take alot of time. (Understatement). I recently started as a middle order all rounder and FC is going pretty awesome for me right now. I am playing with an average of 49 and I am in my 1st year I think I completed 17 matches.
Keep us posted.

Sounds like hit and giggle cricket!! I played as all time England a couple of nights ago, only on amateur cos I'm not too good at the game, and managed to bat out an entire day for 240\2. Sir jack Hobbs was unbeaten on 120 from 250+ balls was really chuffed with myself!!!
i prefer playing the "grind out" innings to smashing it. to be fair though if i make a big innings, i usually find i'll get to 40 or 50 at a pretty slow rate, then it really picks up.

in a casual game the other day i got to 50 off 80-odd balls and passed 100 on 102 balls.

All in all I think this will take alot of time. (Understatement). I recently started as a middle order all rounder and FC is going pretty awesome for me right now. I am playing with an average of 49 and I am in my 1st year I think I completed 17 matches.
Keep us posted.
yeah i don't expect it to be easy going. just interesting to see if it's achievable.

Ahh!!..missed out again to score a double ton.first 178,now 180.but scored second ton in the 2nd innings,and got MotM.:cheers :yes
180and_Mo_M.jpg

I played against NZ for 3 one days they wore there coloured clothes against me Australia im a leg spinner all rounder by the way I play England for 3 One dayers they are wearing whites why is that for goodness sake can anyone englighten me? please.

I played against NZ for 3 one days they wore there coloured clothes against me Australia im a leg spinner all rounder by the way I play England for 3 One dayers they are wearing whites why is that for goodness sake can anyone englighten me? please.
Because the England team that is currently in get best (@Madman's otherwise excellent one) doesn't have the default kits set to the different formats. To change this yourself, I think you go on to kits in that team, then press lb to set defaults. Won't take effect until your next career.

The 'Get Best' side isn't mine - I think the one I uploaded has the kits assigned for the different formats correctly and I tried to mimic the real ones as closely as I could with the tools in the Academy.

Because the England team that is currently in get best (@Madman's otherwise excellent one) doesn't have the default kits set to the different formats. To change this yourself, I think you go on to kits in that team, then press lb to set defaults. Won't take effect until your next career.

D'oh.

Thanks for that. I never realised.

Will have to begin yet another career now.......

I just had the greatest game in my player's career, although the team lost T&T vs Jamaica). Bowling all rounder at #8, he scored 52 before being run out, took 8/30 off 23 overs, scored 49 before hitting the ball into silly mid on and ricocheted back to the bowler. With 165 to get in 60 overs, he took 5 wickets for 9 runs off 12 overs before the captain took him off and Rampaul lost the game with his bowling:(

Users who are viewing this thread