How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
If its not in this version already one thing I'd like in the next version is your career player being compared to former great players in the press, it would add a bit of pressure to your player to be "the next Warne" etc.
also the possibility of being selected for under 19s and then Australia A and the like before making the step up to full international level, it would be a good contest if you come up against a guy while playing u19s for your country and then facing him again in the future.

If its not in this version already one thing I'd like in the next version is your career player being compared to former great players in the press, it would add a bit of pressure to your player to be "the next Warne" etc.
also the possibility of being selected for under 19s and then Australia A and the like before making the step up to full international level, it would be a good contest if you come up against a guy while playing u19s for your country and then facing him again in the future.

Your right that would eb great, and as you said, things to think about for the next addition

I expect career mode to be a huge draw factor for this game, it brings the sports genre into a more RPG genre, combines the two fantastically

once we all start playing, and the hype that is created from career mode, I predict Big ant to invest heavily into the gameplay of career mode for future versions, Just like the NBA 2k series have, and how they have improved there model substantially over the years...

only 22 more days of feb left, and then we are into March, start the countdown boys!!!

yeah well thats exactly what I"m trying to gauge ie. each national team has its star(s)..however who controls those stars over a 20 year career? I'm really hoping its controlled 'centrally' by BA and written into the game eg. in 3 years time (for example), James Muirhead (21 y/o legspinner) could/would be the next Warne and will anchor the Aust test/one day/20/20 teams; Virat Kohli will go on to be the next Tendulka; etc etc.

However, I would expect that the stars would be the same in everyone's versions if you know what I mean. And who controls the new stars in 15 years time (when you're supposed to be a veteran).

I hope they've done something similar to the way regens work in the Football Manager series, the great thing about it is after about 10 years all the "stars" have retired and new players have come through who are the "new" somebody or other, you forget about trying to buy messi etc and the game becomes more personal as its random, albeit with a realistic regen rate for certain countries.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the 20th year of my career, where it will be just me and Ashton Agar battling it out in my 25th Ashes since I came into the England team.

Has anyone here played the RLL2 career mode extensively? I know it's a slightly different mode, but how were regens handled throughout the career? I hope they won't all be "regens" and there will be some "newgens" as well, ? la FM, although that must be more difficult to program in.

It is in the opinion of everyone that has played the game the Career mode is the best part of the game and feels "right" because for the first time in a video game you cherish and care about your one wicket.

That said, it is the first iteration of Career mode in a Cricket game, and while it will no doubt get better over time, there certainly needs to be some expectations management with regard to it. Comparing it to games that have had ten plus iterations is not going to end well.

It is in the opinion of everyone that has played the game the Career mode is the best part of the game and feels "right" because for the first time in a video game you cherish and care about your one wicket.

That said, it is the first iteration of Career mode in a Cricket game, and while it will no doubt get better over time, there certainly needs to be some expectations management with regard to it. Comparing it to games that have had ten plus iterations is not going to end well.

I think we know the least about this mode along with online modes. Which is good as some surprises should be left for us...good or bad. Starting my career as a pure batsman first day i get the game.

I got no problems with what Ross just said, totally expect there to be several areas of career mode that may need improving, this 1st version is all about getting the basics right, and create a throughly enjoyable game

As we get closer to a DBC15, with plenty of user feedback which will no doubt come through ( ross already recieves countless feedback and we havent even got our hands on the game) no doubt there will be added features and refined gameplay

am i correct Ross

If this all plays out the way i expect it too, do you believe it will be similar to the NBA 2k models where if its extremely popular you will produce DBC15, DBC16, DBC17 etc etc with more features in career mode

or am I jumping the gun a bit and until you see the sales of DBC14 its too hard to tell??

Having pre-decided 'regens' would make re-play less exciting. I'd hate for every time I got to year 10 the Australian national side were exactly the same every playthrough.

I would like to know as I am aware there only English domestic Teams , Australian domestic teams and the IPL in the game...In career mode as you start as a club level cricketer and make your way up to the test team....If I have selected my nationality as a Sri Lankan will I be able to play for the Sri lankan Domestic team that I have created... please reply thanks

I would like to know as I am aware there only English domestic Teams , Australian domestic teams and the IPL in the game...In career mode as you start as a club level cricketer and make your way up to the test team....If I have selected my nationality as a Sri Lankan will I be able to play for the Sri lankan Domestic team that I have created... please reply thanks

you start as state/county level, not club. and by default you can start only in Aus or Eng domestic but I understand that if you choose a different nationality you will get selected for the correct nation

Aye. Men.

If the game has the fundamental gameplay 90% nailed anything else is cherry on the top stuff... I'm most excited about career mode but that's because it's been kept (rightfully) under wraps... I wouldn't say I have HUGE expectations, but I have some. We'll see how it plays out in a few weeks...

you start as state/county level, not club. and by default you can start only in Aus or Eng domestic but I understand that if you choose a different nationality you will get selected for the correct nation

thanks for answering but if you are right.....then it will feel little weird to play for team india without playing in ranji trophy...and by just playing for western australia,tasmania,sussex,durham etc......anyway waiting for this game...in between this time just playing cod ghosts,fifa 14

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for answering but if you are right.....then it will feel little weird to play for team india without playing in ranji trophy...and by just playing for western australia,tasmania,sussex,durham etc......anyway waiting for this game...in between this time just playing cod ghosts,fifa 14

That is not what he meant. You will be able to create Indian domestic team structure in career mode and play for one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread