How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Probably taking it too far there, I don't think mental illness is exactly something to be joking about.

Indeed.

Just a thought, does anyone know how much say you have in the positioning of the fielders when you're bowling in career mode, or is it all down to the captain and you sort of have to make the most of the field he's given to you? Or can you say specifically where you want other members of your team and so on?

Indeed.

Just a thought, does anyone know how much say you have in the positioning of the fielders when you're bowling in career mode, or is it all down to the captain and you sort of have to make the most of the field he's given to you? Or can you say specifically where you want other members of your team and so on?

That's a good question. I presume you'd have to be made captain to actually have a say over your field in the game, but it'd be good if you could set your own field as a bowler. I haven't had a captain over-rule my field set since junior cricket. :p

----------

BOO!!!

Sorry for scaring you - better go take some stress leave....

Terrible post.

Indeed.

If Ai is the captain, then it makes all those decisions that a captain would. Once you become the captain, you get to make all those decisions.

Ross: We know about the career mode that playing at the international level is the motive.....But if the career player's strike rate throughout the career has been around 40-60 even in ODI's then will he be dropped for the T20 matches as the strike rate is very low from the required rate??:)

@Ross: This has probably been answered before but bare with me (I can't be bothered reading every single page in the thread)...
Once achieving the captaincy of a given team (say your international Test team) in career mode. What are you able to do with it? i.e. can you decide who bowls and bats when, and maybe have a say in team selection? As well as the given ones like using BARS in the field, setting fields and declaring once you think you've made enough runs. And also does the captaincy impact on your players performance? (i.e. you might do a Clarke and have it take you to the next level, or it might force you to concentrate on the team more than your own performance and so limits your ability to consistently perform).

@Ross: This has probably been answered before but bare with me (I can't be bothered reading every single page in the thread)...
Once achieving the captaincy of a given team (say your international Test team) in career mode. What are you able to do with it? i.e. can you decide who bowls and bats when, and maybe have a say in team selection? As well as the given ones like using BARS in the field, setting fields and declaring once you think you've made enough runs. And also does the captaincy impact on your players performance? (i.e. you might do a Clarke and have it take you to the next level, or it might force you to concentrate on the team more than your own performance and so limits your ability to consistently perform).

yes all the roles of a captain are decided by the player .....:thumbs

yes all the roles of a captain are decided by the player .....:thumbs
Cheers mate, lol I'll be looking to become (hopefully) one of few bowler captains (seeing as most of the real life skippers are batsmen).

I doubt I'm going to ever finish a 20 year career. It will be interesting to see how many do

I doubt I'm going to ever finish a 20 year career. It will be interesting to see how many do

I wonder if your career can end just though playing too badly to get picked for any teams.

I suppose it must be possible.

I think the career is something ill keep going back to as I get better at playing, certainly don't think ill start playing knowing I'm gonna fail, but ill probably start one pretty early on. Just a quick question, how long in real time does a year in the career mode take?

That would be wholely dependent on what sort of player you are and how well you perform. If you're getting 50s/100s every game a year will take a lot longer than if you're getting ducks. Also if you're an allrounder/bowler you're gonna be bowling as well, which will again take extra time.

Will players selected for Australia be unavailable for the Shield games or will they play every game?

Also if I've created a 16 year old top order batsman, will it be considerably harder to face a level 4/5 bowler in the Shield games? Or will the difficulty only increase as I get to the higher levels and play International games?

How does the Australian Domestic T20 league fit in? Will you be offered a contract straight away and just play year to year? Or is it considered a special competition that needs to be earned like the Indian T20 league?

The Boyd Rankings don't lie...

vi2ryej.png

How's life in 5th place? :p

i will reply to this in about 8 hrs from now.....

Users who are viewing this thread