How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I agree with you. We're probably going to lose in Perth but wins at MCG and SCG will secure the series victory.

We may have lost today, but I'm now confident we'll win the last 3.

Back on topic, I asked this question in the Q&A thread but I think it's more suitable here: Are there regen players and retirements in career mode?

I think you will struggle on a bouncy WACA track. Three days is not enough to prepare for the bouncing onslaught you will receive. We shall see...

I think you will struggle on a bouncy WACA track. Three days is not enough to prepare for the bouncing onslaught you will receive. We shall see...

I will graciously(ish) accept that Australia are better than England, but only on one type of wicket. The ones at the Gabba or Perth. Adelaide has been a freak caused by lack of confidence and the batsmen were mentally shot. But, as you said, we shall see.

Remember; a series draw is all England need...

Remember; a series draw is all England need...

That would have been relevant before Brisbane...

It aint' going to rain anything but pain for the Poms in Perth. I wouldn't want to be holding day 4 tickets if you don't win the toss :p

Must be night wherever you are.... 'cause you're certainly dreaming :p

----------

Mods/Admins must be asleep too - really expected the "stay on topic" by now :)

Must be night wherever you are.... 'cause you're certainly dreaming :p

Well it is 4:48 in the morning in the UK so I might be a little sleep deprived, but I don't think you'll be laughing by next week.

Mods/Admins must be asleep too - really expected the "stay on topic" by now

I admit I was expecting that by now too. I'm almost looking forward to it, never had one of those before.

Last edited:
It's more being sad that we get more off topic discussion of cricket than we do posts in the cricket discussion section of the site.

So it's all good then :p

It's more being sad that we get more off topic discussion of cricket than we do posts in the cricket discussion section of the site.

See...if DB14 came out now, the forums would be overflowing with 'focused' discussion...unfortunately since nothing is happening with DB14 (release wise that is - unless I've missed something), discussion with sway to the most popular cricket going at the moment...us smashing the Poms.

Having said that....I watched Joe Root bat yesterday and was very impressed - it got me to thinking of DB14 (who would've guessed!!), esp the career part of DB14..ie...that could be ME instead of Joe Root coming in at No3 for England, but being able to change the course of the 2nd test! thats what I'm eagerly awaiting...being a young 19 y/o (or so) being selected to represent your country through good batting performances in domestic cricket.

Having said that....I watched Joe Root bat yesterday and was very impressed - it got me to thinking of DB14 (who would've guessed!!), esp the career part of DB14..ie...that could be ME instead of Joe Root coming in at No3 for England, but being able to change the course of the 2nd test! thats what I'm eagerly awaiting...being a young 19 y/o (or so) being selected to represent your country through good batting performances in domestic cricket.
Don't worry, over the next few weeks you will be watching enough of us batting to make the wait for DBC14 easier. You'll also be thinking what you could have done differently if it was you in place of Australia after they crash to a 3-2 defeat.

Users who are viewing this thread