How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Just got the contract offers for the second time around at the Big Bash - different teams than the first one, except for Hobart which I played for last time around. If that's deliberate that's great.

Have you noticed any change in the rosters from year to year?

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have you noticed any change in the rosters from year to year?

Yeah as Matt said rosters and fixtures are the same, or at least as far as I can tell. I fear this may have been what Ross meant when he suggested we keep our expectations grounded. My thought is maybe when a player reaches a certain age (for retirement) they are replaced by someone with the same skill set, same nationality etc.? I dunno, this game just seems too in-depth for it to just have players playing well into their 50s, so maybe a simple system like that is implemented.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Also, this happened...

Still got two wickets though, but was ridiculously expensive. I'd assume T20 really needs a different kind of bowling approach that I haven't mastered yet.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW if you're playing for Vic, same as me, did you get offered a Melbourne BBL team? Just curious as I got offered Sydney, Brisbane and Perth in my second year (previously played for Brisbane) but neither year was I offered a Melbourne based team. I'm assuming that's by design because I'm shit, but after having a reasonable season for Sydney I wonder if I'll get an offer from a Melbourne team?

Edit:

That video is kinda cool, also I hit a four straight at my batsman tonight and he ducked down out of the way of it! Huzzah! That animation IS in the game. Feeling slightly better about not having to avoid 12 people in the field.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
First time around I had the Stars offer me a spot - along with Adelaide. This time it was the Sixers and Perth.

Seems like it's random, because the Stars had a 4 star bowling lineup already so would be hugely disadvantaged by including me.

NoLeName

Playing as Queensland, I was offered Sydney Thunder, Adelaide and the Stars. Haven't gotten to the second BBL yet. It must be randomised though, because my mate got offered the Heat when playing for Queensland, even though he is your classic opening batsman with a grand batting average of five.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Interesting... Bit of scripted randomness then, it works and realistic though.

NoLeName

Interesting... Bit of scripted randomness then, it works and realistic though.

Exactly. You see a lot of blokes who aren't selected by their home BBL team so instead go elsewhere. I'd say the BBL is heading towards a draft/auction thing anyway, because it will apparently 'add to the excitement'.

glenny134

Club Captain
@MattW how do you bowl in T20? Thats the only one my captain lets me bowl in and I bowled the last over when they needed 9 off 6, won by 8 runs ;) too good for sydney, who can suck it

bboynexus

School Cricketer
For the last few days, I have been incessantly restarting my career and reverting my batsman's skills to their starting levels so I can score something reasonable my first time around. It's a little bit of a cheat, I know, but I'm trying to get as much practice as I can with default skill levels before I start a serious career when the linking bug has been patched. Up until today, my highest score was 30.

Today I again reached 30 but this time I was facing a spinner rather than a pacer. I decided to try a more aggressive approach when my previous attempts (mostly defensive) had failed. I advanced down the wicket several times in one over and managed to hit a four and a six down the ground. I had finally reached 40. It was nerve-wracking times. In the space of three overs or so, I was dropped three times.

I am now on 62 (from 117) not out, having literally just nicked one behind to slips...but was given NOT OUT!!!! Upon checking the replay myself, I am convinced there was indeed the slightest of outside edges. The sense of relief was palpable.

Here's hoping I score a 100!

Last edited:

NoLeName

So anyway, I just got match figures of 16/23. Including 7/13 in the first innings and then 9/10 in the second. Safe to say I've got the hang of bowling in pro mode :p

glenny134

Club Captain
So anyway, I just got match figures of 16/23. Including 7/13 in the first innings and then 9/10 in the second. Safe to say I've got the hang of bowling in pro mode :p

Umm pretty sure there were four other wickets to get....not even close to getting the hang of it ;)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW how do you bowl in T20? Thats the only one my captain lets me bowl in and I bowled the last over when they needed 9 off 6, won by 8 runs too good for sydney, who can suck it
I usually try line and length with one variant ball an over - but in T20 I need to change it up a lot more, which results usually in me being carted around, but also picking up a lot of catches - when the ball doesn't go over their heads.

I'm now 'a long way off' from the England T20 tournament, whereas after the last BBL it demoted me to being 'no chance', so I'm happy with that.

An interesting result here, a win on countback. I thought that there'd be a superover or something, or did that take place without me?
RGzh09l.jpg

Much more successful this Big Bash, topped the table as Hobart. That said, I'm going to need to return the game and get a refund - Melbourne Stars won a final, which is just plainly wrong -
b12eD2P.jpg

NoLeName

Umm pretty sure there were four other wickets to get....not even close to getting the hang of it ;)

I know. I just decided to post it here for you to personally berate me to inspire me to dedicate my life to bowling in pro mode so that one day I may be able to finally say, I have the hang of it. Thanks for the inspiration :yes

----------

Huh, I lost on countback once. Was so annoyed because I scored 32 off 12 meaning the two left only had to score 10 off 6. They scored boundaries off the first two balls of the over then played out three dot balls before a single on the last ball. Would have preferred the super over a lot more. And believe it or not we actually lost to the Stars in the final :eek: I seriously questioned the realistic nature of the game then

Users who are viewing this thread