How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

madman981

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@MattW if you're playing for Vic, same as me, did you get offered a Melbourne BBL team? Just curious as I got offered Sydney, Brisbane and Perth in my second year (previously played for Brisbane) but neither year was I offered a Melbourne based team. I'm assuming that's by design because I'm shit, but after having a reasonable season for Sydney I wonder if I'll get an offer from a Melbourne team?

Edit:

That video is kinda cool, also I hit a four straight at my batsman tonight and he ducked down out of the way of it! Huzzah! That animation IS in the game. Feeling slightly better about not having to avoid 12 people in the field.

In my first ever season as a batting allrounder I got an offer from the stars, and same in the 2nd year of that career, Won the title with them both times.

Last night, I lead the Hobart boys too the finals, hitting 40 off 39 and putting on 78 with T.Baird to steer us home in the semi final

chasing 172 against the stars in the final, i raced too 18 off 9 balls, got caught at silly mid off, my team mates crumbled after my dismissal, all out for 94 in the final

Big difference from the 1st year when the hobart boys finished last, I might do one more year with them and if we dont win it, change...

madman981

Club Captain
i haven't heard that anyone made it to play for their country? I made it into the test squad on my second year in career.

I do not believe you at all

Unless you prove that you actually in the test squad, i dont believe you at all

No way you get picked for the aussies or england at age 17

unless your nationality is zimbawe or something...

outbreak

Club Captain

He may also be a pure bowler

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Just had another one of those 'moments'. Was batting, given out LBW when I edged it, so reviewed it and the decision was reversed. That felt good

Chopper294

School Cricketer
Its ok i got this!!!

In my mind I've figured it out.

After having a dozen bats with a high score of 1 and a lot of ducks i researched how to bat and bam that damn right trigger to determine back foot or front foot was my downfall, i didn't know it existed, rookie mistake.

I am not smashing tons but its going to happen. im now regularly making 20s and keen to kick on for a 50 when i have time to play it for a while!!!

Bowling goes well as a medium bowler, smashing up wickets with an average around 7,

1 issue i have noticed though... dunno if its just me or not but i am a right hand batsman, right arm bowler yet when i field it and throw it in i throw left arm and look like a spaz doing it. very odd.

Im glad batting isnt as "impossible" as i thought it was at the start so this game has just gotten heaps better, even hit a few 6s in a T20 game.

Pumped for more!!!

i know there was other things i was going to say in this post..... i cant remember though... hmm thats the problem with getting distracted by "work" should have logged off the phones so i wouldnt be distracted with this far more important stuff!

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Right trigger doesn't determine front or back foot selection.

The left stick does.

PremierBatsman

Club Cricketer

what I find hard to believe is that you think I would lie about a ps3 game when I get home I'll post a pic but to let you know now I'm 3 games into my 3rd year and have played 2 tests for Aussie and I'm the captain of the 4 day Victoria squad

madman981

Club Captain
are u a bowling all rounder? what position in the batting order are u in the test squad

if what your saying is true, then you are truly an amazing ps3 player... simple as that

i on the other hand have huge thumbs and no reflexes....

but i am trotting along nicely building a solid career but halfway through my second season am not even close to being in the aussie test team!

I would love to see a few screenshots of your players career statistics and your position in the test team before i fully believe what your saying....

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
A glance at the leaderboards show there's obviously some people massively far along in the career - I'd be very interested in how they are playing, and whether the game has put them onto higher difficulties than the one they chose at the start yet.

Chopper294

School Cricketer
A glance at the leaderboards show there's obviously some people massively far along in the career - I'd be very interested in how they are playing, and whether the game has put them onto higher difficulties than the one they chose at the start yet.

And whether they live in their mothers basements

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Reached a landmark yesterday in career mode 11 matches [4days] and took 100th wicket....Very happy and feels good too.... :D

PremierBatsman

Club Cricketer
are u a bowling all rounder? what position in the batting order are u in the test squad

if what your saying is true, then you are truly an amazing ps3 player... simple as that

i on the other hand have huge thumbs and no reflexes....

but i am trotting along nicely building a solid career but halfway through my second season am not even close to being in the aussie test team!

I would love to see a few screenshots of your players career statistics and your position in the test team before i fully believe what your saying....
I'm a batting allrounder it's my bowling that has got me the call up I have a few fifties but I mostly get 15-30 runs an innings now, what I can say is that I got a call up for the worcks county team after my first season which game me 16 extra 4 day games which got me selection I play with no assistance and when you play for Aussie the difficulty goes up

----------

And whether they live in their mothers basements
also Matt when you gain your countries selection the rewards are 5x state rewards so man of the match gives you 7500 points and from memory batting pool and bowling pool is 5000 each

sashidharan

Club Captain
Guys got this game on Sunday finally but started playing career mode since yesterday.Im a no 3 batsman. Played for few hrs yest and today. Here is my statistics.
First Class- 18 innings 17 ducks Total runs 2. Highest score 2.
List A- 9 Innings 6 Ducks Total runs 11. Highest Score 6 runs
T20- 8 Innings 5 ducks Total runs 11. Highest Score 5 runs.
Got to bowl 3 overs in T20 all of sudden and took two wickets in 3 overs and conceeded 20 runs.

Guys im getting irritated everytime I get out. Cant even defend well.When i press left trigger forward and push right trigger up he keeps his front foot front and ball misses bat and hit stumps or mostly get inside edge bowled or LBW. If i press left trigger backward he moves his feet backward and he keeps his bat high and ball goes under it. When i try to attack i swing bat leg side but ball comes in right side and takes my stumps always. I used to play very good in C 07,IC 10 with ball marker and now without it I play horrible than Indian Tailenders. Any suggestions for me please to improve?

Users who are viewing this thread