How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
am loving the career at the moment. My FC ave: 56 One day ave: 45 T20 ave: 41
I only have one problem so far, which has probably already been mentioned, but the DRS is often wrong when i review.

Here is my bowling stats in first class cricket after playing 21 matches. :)
124vo6a.jpg

Took 8/55 in first innings of 4 day match and scored 105 when I batted in first innings. I was eagerly waiting for my turn to bowl again to get 10 wicket haul. But I was not given a single over to bowl in 2nd innings :mad

Still would be nice, for comparision sake, if people noted difficulty of their career player.

----------

Also noting, the number of times I started my career, can't wait for the PC version to come out when I can start my serious career player.. all this on the PS3 is just warm up.

Also noting, the number of times I started my career, can't wait for the PC version to come out when I can start my serious career player.. all this on the PS3 is just warm up.

Why would you want pc to be your main one?

Its pretty much perfect sitting back on the couch playing cricket on the bug screen. Or do you have a pc connected to your tv.

Why would you want pc to be your main one?

Its pretty much perfect sitting back on the couch playing cricket on the bug screen. Or do you have a pc connected to your tv.

Really, screen size/quality 'visually' is the same sitting 3 meters away on a 52 inch screen to sitting 70cm away to a 22cm screen. Also means when I really want to try and focus and spot the ball out of the hand as early as possible, I can do it easier on a smaller screen.

I currently play on the PS3 through one of my 3 PC monitors (22 inch 1680x1050 res so not HD unfortunately), with the small time I get to play I like to multi-task with a couple of games at the same time.. plus being in the living room gives added distractions from the wife/child.. haha.

Being on PC will mean HD graphics, have the sound coming through my 5.1 channel/speaker headphones and can multi-task PC games better. Oh, plus will be able to thrash MattW in online mode (and record/live stream it for the paying public).. ;)

So happy, in my new career on debut I am currently 100 Off 113 balls. I'm playing as Durham we are 4/195 after 41 overs. Been involved in a 100 run partnership and a 50 run partnership

Notched up my highest ODI score tonight (87) and had a 50 run partnership and a 100 run one for the first time, which was nice. Absolutely gruelling T20 season of mostly 20's and 30's but I'm now "getting noticed" whatever that means for the English T20 tournament and my little Helmet icon has changed to "2" and gone green. I saw that happened to @MattW ...what does that mean exactly? Hopefully it's not a "level up" thing whereby shit gets harder, because it's already hard enough plying my trade as a number five, thanks!

I saw that happened to @MattW ...what does that mean exactly?
It's your rating as a player based on your overall skill points. Things should be getting easier because you're a better player now - especially at domestic level where you're playing against teams that as a whole are rated at 2.

It's your rating as a player based on your overall skill points. Things should be getting easier because you're a better player now - especially at domestic level where you're playing against teams that as a whole are rated at 2.

How much skill point must you accumulate to progress to level 2?

Things should be getting easier

It's only JUST gone green now. So we'll see... I'm a couple of matches away from "turning 22" so I'll save that birthday until the morning. I wouldn't say it's getting easier, but I'm making progress in T20 matches and they're a hell of a lot of fun in career mode and there's a little more forgiveness for batsman in that format, so I'm a good chance of getting an English contract in the next season, hopefully.

Woot just about to make my Test debut for Australia! Also my selection status for my County team has changed from "Regular Member" to "Core Member"

How much skill point must you accumulate to progress to level 2?
It's not so much skill point totals as having a balance across multiple skills. You can't just be a master of one thing, you need your skill points balanced across multiple things.

but I'm making progress in T20 matches and they're a hell of a lot of fun in career mode and there's a little more forgiveness for batsman in that format
Indeed. Big Ant have worked miracles and made me like T20.

Umm why has bowling assistance suddenly turned itself off? :S

Going by the scores some of you are putting up, I'm unlikely to be picked ever in the national side of the team. :p

Still in season 1 though... let's see how I can progress.

Users who are viewing this thread