How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Restarted my career as a keeper batsmen opening up at number 1. Have to honestly say once you get into a groove with batting it does get easier.

I am halfway through season 1 and doing quite well.

Fair chance for English FC
Very close for English OD
Very close for English T20
Fair chance for Indian T20
Fair chance for international T20

FC ave is 38 highest of 95
List A is 56 highest of 93
T20 is 62 highest of 111*

I know people think batting is too hard but if you stick at it, it gets easier. Once you get those skills on the up timing eases up too.

I guess it is like real life cricket, you need to find your strengths and play to them.

great stats man... can only dream of that!!

you have hit the nail on the head... patience and understanding limitations are the key... just because the game had 360 degree controls doesn't mean everyone is gonna be able to smash the ball wherever they like all the time.

Helmet colour changed to green and number to 2, in my sixth season, my points are still around 20,000.

Played first test match for India at age of 17
Took 8 wickets in the match and scored 0
Defeated Pakistan by an innings

Congrads dude. You made it as AR or bowler?

After a string of single digit scores, my career batsman finally made some useful runs (47 runs in 47 balls) in a 4 day match in the second innings. Of course, I had a brain-fart moment trying to go for the 50 by reverse sweeping the spinner and getting LBW (didn't mean to reverse sweep, just wanted to sweep and changed the shot at the last moment, without releasing the L1 key).

Yeah that 40-50 runs mark is like one hell of the feeling, I just didn't mind the L1 button at all. They should have an unlocking award for reaching the milestones through boundaries.

It takes much longer doing a season as a bowler (well it does the way I bat anyway).
Can't believe some of you folks have played 5 or more seasons already.

Yeah that 40-50 runs mark is like one hell of the feeling, I just didn't mind the L1 button at all. They should have an unlocking award for reaching the milestones through boundaries.

Being a subcontinental player I should have eschewed the sweep/reverse sweep. :p

End of 1st season i done ok...

As a number 5 bat

Four day Avg: 25 Highest score 86* Strike rate: 123
50 Over Avg: 20 Highest score 49 Strike rate: 138
20/20 Avg: 15 Highest score 36 Strike rate: 166

So lessons to be learnt stop trying to hit the spinners out of the park everyball! haha it works for 3-4 times but not every ball!!! Also trying to time it better on the leg side i often get caught a square leg. Need to defend more too!

Overall im happy with my 1st season! :)

1st innings in 2nd season currently 59* Things are looking up this season :)

Last edited:
I had the most vivid dreams last night, I had one where me and my wife were walking our dachshunds on the beach then all of a sudden I nick behind and I'm out, and another dream I had I was a sumurai warrior attacking a village slaughtering 100s, as I look down hands all bloodied I'm holding a kookubura 800 Martin guptil edition, I don't know what's happening I'm turning into a monster but I'm glad I have all you sane people to tell me that everything is gonna be ok crazy people

Last edited:
Just got the easiest 6 of my life. Played the ball into the gap on the leg side took a comfortable 2 and the ball bounces over the keeper and goes for overthrows. Love it!!

P.s. It got me off the mark.

@MattW - you play veteran level right? AI bowling changes aside it seems much more challenging/rewarding to play at that level or higher (as with @zimrahil) for bowling career?

----------

just cannot begin to imagine that being any fun whatsoever.
yeah I was playing as a batting all rounder and just got board of bowling all time so I become a batsman only.

Picked up another century. Got out trying to slog on 124 in a 4 day match.

image.jpg

Just scored my maiden FC ton. What a great feeling after 2 scores in the 90s. The most rewarding thing is how I scored all around the ground (I'm a leftie). I had to save and exit on 57* so it only shows the second half of my innings.

just finished my 2nd season, very chastening end to the FC season when i struggled to buy a run :(

current stats at end of 2nd season

FC bat - 32 matches, 63 inns, 466 runs at 7.52, 1 fifty, HS 61, SR 85.81
FC bowl - 3 wickets at 30.33, economy 4.13, SR 44

List A bat - 25 matches, 25 inns, 236 @ 9.44, HS 43, SR 117.99
List A bowl - 19 @ 5.36, econ 3.06, SR 10.52

t20 bat - 21 matches, 21 inns, 311 @ 15.55, 2 fifties, HS 59*, SR 144.65
t20 bowl - 6 @ 10.83, econ 4.58, SR 14.16

fair way off aus 50 over and T20, long way off ipl, no chance of anything else

still 1 helmet, would imagine pretty far off grading up to 2!

Must try harder.

just finished my 2nd season, very chastening end to the FC season when i struggled to buy a run :(

current stats at end of 2nd season

FC bat - 32 matches, 63 inns, 466 runs at 7.52, 1 fifty, HS 61, SR 85.81
FC bowl - 3 wickets at 30.33, economy 4.13, SR 44

List A bat - 25 matches, 25 inns, 236 @ 9.44, HS 43, SR 117.99
List A bowl - 19 @ 5.36, econ 3.06, SR 10.52

t20 bat - 21 matches, 21 inns, 311 @ 15.55, 2 fifties, HS 59*, SR 144.65
t20 bowl - 6 @ 10.83, econ 4.58, SR 14.16

fair way off aus 50 over and T20, long way off ipl, no chance of anything else

still 1 helmet, would imagine pretty far off grading up to 2!

Must try harder.
Dude that would of be a tough season to swallow at this rate your gonna start having dreams like me

Can't believe that AI brought me to bowl during 48th over with 7 runs needing from 18 balls & 1 wicket left. I was holding my nerve on every delivery I bowled, damn I missed the run out, wasted the review for LBW but top spin did my trick of taking wicket in the 5th delivery! What a feeling to finish the match for my team by margin of 5 runs! :D

Round 10 in my first year of AR, ranking points are now 16,530. Hope I can do better in batting with consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread