How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
In my first season as an batting, finger spinner in my Englishman in Australia game. I signed for Sydney Thunder. And so far after 3 T20games in the BBL I have 9 wickets and 137 runs, including an 87 in the last game. Which we lost to Hobart. Losing the last 5 wickets for 2 runs when we only needed 9 runs from the last 5 overs to win. It was a joke watching the AI bat

I'm playing two simultaneous careers (one with a batting allrounder) and one with a 2-down batsman (Big mistake). In my batsman career mode, I have a batting average of under 10 in all three formats and I'm now 17. Currently I'm long way off of Aus T20 and Aus ODI, but no chance for anything else, though I just recently got a 44 (highest score) in ODIs and hit a 69 and 54 in the same test match. Hope this is a sign of good times and I'm playing the IPL same time next year.

In my 4th season now and my stats are as follows...

FC - Average of 25 with 4 100s and 9 50s. HS of 134
List A - Average of 28 with 1 100 and 10 50s. HS of 138
T20 - Average of 28 with 5 50s. HS of 90*

I'm expecting selection in Pro40, close to selection in English T20 and getting attention in IPL. My batting has improved this season in shorter formats but in FC I still fail a lot more than I succeed.

This is my problem; I am almost selected for the indian test team in the start of my secind year but mainly coz of my bowling performances where i have easily picked heaps of wickets as a leg spinner despite being actually a batting alrounder.

I have not scored a single 100 thus far and I am selected for indian test and t20 team.
Honestly coz of the ridiculous AI batting i really dont feel I have earned this. Kind of puts me off from playing the game in the carreer mode

I am playing an opening wicket keeper batsman. Highest is 83 in FC and 70(30) in T20(BBL). Got around about 5500 points with a few matches to go in the first season. Getting attention in English T20 and Fair Way off in IPL.

how many points in 1st year are considered to be good points??
I'm in mid season and have around 4000 points

How to change the squad when i am a captain?

can anyone tell me how will i change the squad when i am a captain.:(

Got my 2nd List A 50, both gained this season (my 4th season). Got the 50 in just 17 balls including 3 sixes directly over the bowlers head - one hit the sight screen two actually cleared the sight screen.

More pleasing, the bowler who took most tap was Nick Harrison who I originally mentioned was my nemesis. Struggled early on as I came in and his pace was right down so timing was an issue - started charging him to help that and the ball was sailing :)

Got out for 60 when hitting the ball too square and caught at square leg

First match of season two and I finally got my maiden fifty as a batting all rounder. Succomed for 56(80) when the stupid play of ai partners caused me to crack and mistime an attempted drive (still wasn't out but alas no review in list a). Anyone else having trouble with their partners? I bat number five and four six and seven just try and slog everything irrespective of the match situation.

Overall though I'm getting better with the bat. Stringing together regular twenties and thirties now. I think its the bump in batting stats that has made the difference from all the early grinding, rather than some incredible improvement in my batting temperament. Find it relatively easy to get going now and in hindsight I think the batting difficulty in year one is probably about right.

About half way in my first season and my stats are
FC: 749 runs @39.33 50's:6 100's: 2 HS: 109

List a: 339 runs @41.55 50's: 3 hs: 65

Its so frustrating to play in career mode with the f....ing super fielders around. I played a shot towards fine leg and the Deep square leg fielder ran all the way within three seconds (i checked the time in the interactive replay) to take standing catch. It is a bit annoying here. We can not hit all the deliveries over the rope and we can not keep playing all the ball to the ground as well. Is these getting fixed in the next patch please.

This is the worst catch you can ever see in DBC 14. There is no point in playing Career mode if AI can take your wicket in these ways. :noway

Last edited by a moderator:
nearing the end of my 2nd season playing for surrey as batsman:
FC ave: 60.64 HS 322
OD ave: 41.25 HS 134
t20 ave: 53.22 HS 132*
For some reason still not selected for my country yet?

Yeahhh! Just scored 201 in a Shield game against QLD only took 1-5 (though I only bowled 5 overs and that wasn't till QLD's 2nd innings).
Got MOTM and we beat them by an innings an 203 runs

Users who are viewing this thread