How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
19th
after string of low scores scored my 19th first class ton on my fav ground sussex oval, love the small boundaries.
2014-08-08_00001.jpg 2014-08-08_00002.jpg
currently batting on 125*

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
I'd love people to have a look at their career strike rates because I'd wager that most of them are over a 100. Why? Because no matter the difficulty it is far, far easier to attack the ball then block it and it's something I feel needs re-balancing. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making the defensive shots a risk but generally they are too risky. To a decent delivery a well-timed forward defensive should be the better choice than the stinging drive or the clip through the onside but at the moment these more aggressive shot seem to carry far less risk than blocking the ball.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I like that attitude...Keep going..:thumbs

I did. Last 8 innings have been 47, 115, 24, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0. Golden ducks in bold. :thumbs

Edit -

Just scored 7, and then tweaking Java Auto Updater opened and crashed the game. Again. Wonderful. ¬_¬

Last edited:

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I thought my Aussie T20 team was down and out in this match, I came back with an great bowling to keep the opposition below 50.

BC3D1B144302EACCD6B55CCD64FC8E8A7BA38B85

AE53E016D4F9C4BEED8035F5EBB157A1FEEB6569

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd love people to have a look at their career strike rates because I'd wager that most of them are over a 100. Why? Because no matter the difficulty it is far, far easier to attack the ball then block it and it's something I feel needs re-balancing. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making the defensive shots a risk but generally they are too risky. To a decent delivery a well-timed forward defensive should be the better choice than the stinging drive or the clip through the onside but at the moment these more aggressive shot seem to carry far less risk than blocking the ball.

I don't think they carry less risk, but the risk/reward ratio is much better for an aggressive shot than for a defensive one.

grkrama

National Board President
ya more than being able to defend what i feel is getting runs while defending is tricky, i have tried a few times to just defend and have been able to do so for a length of time, but what is not possible is to quickly defend a tough delivery while hitting.
The R3 button is used for some sort of quick defend instead of leave it will be great.

Right now the only way i find defending to work is to have hand on trigger and defend by watching the ball footwork has to be good like the normal drives other wise your chance of edging is high, the advantage defensive shots have is timing window is larger as well as catch-ability. Once you find deliveries in your zone you can let go of the trigger andplay the drive. thats the only way it works.

It doesn't work viceversa like while you are playing drives or aggressive shots well and get a tough one you cant defend quickly.

Another thing is the analog triggers if you hold it less to the ball doesn't go far while defending in rare case you may still a single but mostly its useless and i end up defending hard.So that needs to be beefed a little so that some sort of maneuverability is possible using defensive shots.

Its just not rewarding enough at times to block out at length.

Especially against spinners.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I did. Last 8 innings have been 47, 115, 24, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0. Golden ducks in bold. :thumbs

Edit -

Just scored 7, and then tweaking Java Auto Updater opened and crashed the game. Again. Wonderful. ¬_¬
Oh no, seems like you are the Virat Kohli of the team at the moment..;)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
ya more than being able to defend what i feel is getting runs while defending is tricky, i have tried a few times to just defend and have been able to do so for a length of time, but what is not possible is to quickly defend a tough delivery while hitting.
The R3 button is used for some sort of quick defend instead of leave it will be great.

Right now the only way i find defending to work is to have hand on trigger and defend by watching the ball footwork has to be good like the normal drives other wise your chance of edging is high, the advantage defensive shots have is timing window is larger as well as catch-ability. Once you find deliveries in your zone you can let go of the trigger andplay the drive. thats the only way it works.

It doesn't work viceversa like while you are playing drives or aggressive shots well and get a tough one you cant defend quickly.

Another thing is the analog triggers if you hold it less to the ball doesn't go far while defending in rare case you may still a single but mostly its useless and i end up defending hard.So that needs to be beefed a little so that some sort of maneuverability is possible using defensive shots.

Its just not rewarding enough at times to block out at length.

Especially against spinners.
Yeah maybe it is something that can be looked into....But even if we defend or play a defensive shot in a gap the chances of quick singles is close to nil which will then make defensive shots as a good option to use it efficiently but at the moment I never use defence as I find normal shots more easier to execute than defensive shots....

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Couldn't agree more. For some reason defdensive block seems to be as risky a shot as say a slashing drive through the covers. In fact I tried to follow the approach where I blocked the first few ball when I came in. Unfortunately had to abandon the approach as all I managed was ducks and single figure scores since you keep on nicking to the wkt keeper at a higher rate than when you play an aggressive shot/drive. This definitely needs to be tweaked as a defensive prod should be much less risky and should only lead to an edge in case the timing is way off.

vinit85

Club Captain
1.Carrier is going superb, love to play in carrier mode(Batting all-rounder/Medium pace)
2.I replaced English and Australian domestic team to Indian domestic teams through DBC 14 academy(very thankful to "chandrakif" who uploaded indian domestic teams in DBC 14 academy server)
3.Started my carrier(16 year) in domestic team(mumbai), where zaheer khan was the captian of mumbai, today i am 17 year in my carrier game and i am the captain of mumbai(Test, Pro40, T20)
4.Regular and core member of Indian international team...(won pak test series 4-1, ODI 2-1, T20 3-0) Current series with south Africa....

A major things in carrier mode where i am disappointed is,
As a captain of domestic team i am not able to choose my players(Batting/bowling line-up)
i-e, if any team player is flop(batting or bowling) during the whole series, then definitely as a captain i will drop him in next series and give a chance to 12th man or other player, but this never happens, a fix line-up plays all the time...
Patch makers, modders kindly think about it as this game is being popular in india....

Rest of my disappointed points is going to solve in patch 3...
Keep it up...:thumbs

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Have to agree with the posts about blocking, I think it should be the safe option but as it is now I would still try to pull/glance to a packed on side field than block and with spin I would rather reverse sweep than block. Not saying that blocking should be risk free but in all formats I probably have a SR close to 200, and it would be nice to play a proper test innings, blocking and leaving the ball and "toughing it out" rather than sehwagging it!!

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
It turns out that my horrific end of season form hasn't put off the England test side selectors. My selection status has now gone up from 'Expecting Selection' to 'Regular Member' - an interesting label given that I haven't actually played once for them yet, because there haven't been any test matches since I've been in with a chance of a call up, haha!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
1.Carrier is going superb, love to play in carrier mode(Batting all-rounder/Medium pace)
2.I replaced English and Australian domestic team to Indian domestic teams through DBC 14 academy(very thankful to "chandrakif" who uploaded indian domestic teams in DBC 14 academy server)
3.Started my carrier(16 year) in domestic team(mumbai), where zaheer khan was the captian of mumbai, today i am 17 year in my carrier game and i am the captain of mumbai(Test, Pro40, T20)
4.Regular and core member of Indian international team...(won pak test series 4-1, ODI 2-1, T20 3-0) Current series with south Africa....

A major things in carrier mode where i am disappointed is,
As a captain of domestic team i am not able to choose my players(Batting/bowling line-up)
i-e, if any team player is flop(batting or bowling) during the whole series, then definitely as a captain i will drop him in next series and give a chance to 12th man or other player, but this never happens, a fix line-up plays all the time...
Patch makers, modders kindly think about it as this game is being popular in india....

Rest of my disappointed points is going to solve in patch 3...
Keep it up...:thumbs

What's carrier mode? Do you have to deliver packages while waiting your turn to bat?

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What's carrier mode? Do you have to deliver packages while waiting your turn to bat?
Its the northern career mode version where you train pigeons while trying to become a test cricketer!! Also known as the William Maurice Lawry career mode!

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Did you hear that @BigAntStudios ? Don't fix this, its the patch makers and modders jobs... because of no reason other than because it is popular in India...

Users who are viewing this thread