How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Your debut has gotta be to soon, doesn't it?

one secret; if you start your career at the age of 31 with pro difficulty! You'll be selected for international team almost instantly!

started at 26, well, you'll be called up during the 3rd or 4th series your international team is playing since you started.

And if you chose 16 years! you've gotta play at least a full domestic season with at-least some forms with bat and ball. (avg of 50 will be good)

Does anybody know for sure if/when the difficulty goes up? I started on Pro and was wondering if it will go up automatically as it says?

Does anybody know for sure if/when the difficulty goes up? I started on Pro and was wondering if it will go up automatically as it says?
It will go up when you will get selected go internationals and will come down when you are playing domestic matches.
e.g.
you started @pro then for all domestic matches difficulty will be pro and for internationals it will be veteran

When you play International cricket. From what I can tell, the IPL, BBL, and foreign leagues are all on the base difficulty (So, Pro for you) but any International games will be on Veteran.

It should go up one level when you play international matches once selected.

Need to pick this up again this weekend having just finished my first season.

Playing with Glamorgan we won the T20 and made the final of the P40. The P40 was so sad...

Nottinghamshire made 236 in 40 overs. We were chasing and wickets were tumbling. I came to the crease in the second over as a number 4 batsmen, nobody was really supporting me as they just kept dropping like flies, so I tried to push it along. Got to 86 off 63 balls before getting bowled :(

We collapsed and lost the game.

Gutted.

Very average first class season as a team and individual. Looks like the shorter formats are where my strengths lie at the moment. Ironically the ultimate aim is a test call up!

Right out of the gate I got a 220 on my debut, my first 13 balls went for sixes! Yeah, that's what playing on Rookie mode will do. But I wanted to get an easy handle on things since I had never played a cricket game in my life.

I've slowed down quite a bit. My highest since is a 267, but I've even had a few ducks. I'm much better in the FC matches, though I've had to be much more patient (the game has gone up in difficulty - my helmet shows the #2 now, whatever that means). I'm kinda terrible in T20 and I'm just ok in Pro 40s. FC is where it is at for me.

(the game has gone up in difficulty - my helmet shows the #2 now, whatever that means)
Increase in helmet rating doesn't mean increase in difficulty, it means your skills are better now.:thumbs:D

Increase in helmet rating doesn't mean increase in difficulty, it means your skills are better now.:thumbs:D

Ahh ok - is there a max for that number?

I can never tell when the game is more difficult, it is funny, sometime I just have a string of bad performances and the bowlers are placing some difficult balls, but then I'll be hitting 4's and 6's with ease again, I can never tell.

I can never tell when the game is more difficult, it is funny,

you'd love to explore the "pro" mode then! Just try that for one game and you indeed will find where the "FUN" lies and how entertaining and adventurous it can be! ;) As per skill enhancement; M unsure about any limitation. My helmet shows 3 now and getting a nice outing on the field pretty often than I used too but still wishing to gain few more skillpoints.....

you'd love to explore the "pro" mode then! Just try that for one game and you indeed will find where the "FUN" lies and how entertaining and adventurous it can be! ;) As per skill enhancement; M unsure about any limitation. My helmet shows 3 now and getting a nice outing on the field pretty often than I used too but still wishing to gain few more skillpoints.....

I actually started my first career player on PRO and couldn't bat worth anything (I think my best was a 18, maybe had one lucky six in there). Granted, I didn't quite have the timing down, and was mostly trying to do straight bat shots. I'm a little more seasoned now and will probably go back to that career mode once I get my current one onto the national team.

Users who are viewing this thread