How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Here's where I'm at in the third test, leading the series 2-0 so far as England.

Since i have stopped bowling bad balls, the cpu has started making more runs, but much slower. Now i can hit the perfect lengths and lines frequently, i have found it much harder to get wickets, and the cpu bats better and longer.

Very odd considering how the bowling mechanics are supposed to work.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Bowling outswing on a length, then inswing a touch fuller, classic approach also have had 3 bowleds this way(2 were played on!!), jumped out the sofa first time!!! Always on hard, think im into a good 1000 too, its hard but conditions and wind seem to play a big part, as does purposely not hitting perfect on the bowling metre every now and then. Its taken me a solid week to learn how to bowl on this game and i really enjoy it, if only it wasnt for those runouts. Save and reload lots, its a pain, but worth it for the satisfaction of bowling a team out

So which line, maybe you could take a screen shot. I have been doing what you say already, just can't get it to work. Fed up of 95% of wickets being caught at cover, or by the bowler. When you get these bowled and lbw's, are you hitting the perfect spot on the execution meter or deliberately making it a bad ball?

Cant do screenies as ps3 but i aim at off or a fraction outside generally, then for the inswing hit the metre on good not perfect and the ball appears to swing more. this method also works for a buffet ball full and outside off. I move the bowling retiule around as minutely as i can looking for where you get slight differences in colour too and this has helped my line and length, i can pretty much bowl stump to stump now if i want though can get slapped at times.
I totally agree with something you said earlier in that it seems like the better you bowl the better and more cricket like the computer plays

Cant do screenies as ps3 but i aim at off or a fraction outside generally, then for the inswing hit the metre on good not perfect and the ball appears to swing more. this method also works for a buffet ball full and outside off. I move the bowling retiule around as minutely as i can looking for where you get slight differences in colour too and this has helped my line and length, i can pretty much bowl stump to stump now if i want though can get slapped at times.
I totally agree with something you said earlier in that it seems like the better you bowl the better and more cricket like the computer plays

Ok I'll have another go second innings. I'll be batting properly which means 'ive no chance of winning the game unless they collapse second innings. Yay.

I Cant bat for toffee, spent too much time bowling, struggle to post more than 200, bout to bat against the windies will hopefully post a half decent score
C'mon the England!!

I'm having very realistic matches which is strange. During about the 15-20 over mark of the CPU's innings they go crazy for me for about 3-4 balls and then setle down it's weird:p

I had the windies at 134 for 6 then bravo came in and put on a 171 partnership with ramdin, he was blazing and i just couldnt seem to do anything right with the ball, my economy rate went from 4.1 to over 7!!! Enjoyed it in a way! More so when i got him for 94:banana2

I just had a quick five over bash. I batted first and scored about 80 odd and the weird thing when the CPU came out to bat was that the first three deliveries were all left alone by the CPU, so I decided to bowl at the stumps, I got hit for six. I then did another one outside off and it got left. Then one on the stumps and it got hit for six lol:p.

I completed the test I started, resulting in a easy innings and 214 run win.

AusEng1stTest.png

Most of the catches were in front of point on the offside, a couple were down to slips and keeper. The Aussies were going at a highly realistic 7/8 rpo until they were 6 down, then it took Mitchell Johnson and Brett Lee to actually bat like they were in some deep donkey poo.

How's this for an LBW appeal....

Cricket20092009-08-1403-58-36-48.png

Thankfully given not out, but why the hell was it being appealed for?!

It's funny when you get a ball hit you on the pad, missing the stumps by a couple of inches, so they don't appeal. Yet, like the above, they'll appeal if it's missing by a couple of feet.

Am currently 360-5. Tonnes for Strauss and KP, scoring at about 7 runs per over. 4 wickets were out due to trying to pull for 6. I have to get myself out. At least, I feel I have to. Don't like facing Brett Lee, often beats me for pace.

2nd test at Lord's, won the first won by 6 wickets. KP's tonne was off about 70 balls.

Looking very nice on my new 22" HMDI LCD monitor...

Second test at Lords; trailing by 90 from the first innings I'm 200/4. Two of my wickets to perfectly timed shots caught in the covers and 2 more to Hussey who I absolutely cannot time. Why is he bowling anyway? 50mph is so hard to deal with and the cursor is so big you can't tell where it will end up.

ive seen appeals like that in real cricket. so no so much a big thing.

Users who are viewing this thread