How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

i was 2-0 up in the ashes series playing as engand now my feedback on the 3rd test is here by the way im currently halfway through 4th test.

all i need was to win this and i had guaranteed no matter what happend in the last two test that england would retain the ashes.

3rd test edgebaston, england(me) won the toss and elected to bat

England overs 34.5 /276 all out/
A.Flintoff 89 (48) S.Katich 4-27 (3.4)
M.Vaughan79 (60) B.Hilfenhaus 3-25 (6.0)

Australia overs 44.1 /452 all out/
R.Ponting 220 (126) G.Swann 4-95 (10.1)
S.Katich 162 (88) A.Flintoff 1-75 (9.0)

England overs 23.1 /194 all out/
P.Collingwood 63 (37) P.Siddle 4-53 (8.1)
A.Flintoff 37 (20) B.Lee 3-45 (5.0)

Australia overs 8.1 /23 for 0/
A.Symonds 9 (26) S.Broad 0-2 (1.0)
P.Hughes 6 (30) G.Swann 0-5 (0.1)

Australia won the match by 10 wickets

very tough match for me hardest match i had all fell part when aussies hit me for 452 all out i struggled so much in bowing first innings i had to change many fieding options and also many bowing techniques was a real challenged and i enjoyed it alot indeed alot and went into the 2nd innings needing a big score but it wasent to be a poor 194 wasent enough and i woud of needed miracle to bowl aussies out for less than 20 odd the miracle wasent to be.

i now go into 4th test which im currently playing now and will post score soon with a 2-1 lead in the ashes series

New Zealand vs. Australia (Hard)
First Test

Australia First Innings
Overs 35.3, 199 All Out

R. Ponting 54 (42)
M. Clarke 35 (28)
S. Katich 21 (30)

D. Vettori 4/29
J. Oram 2/46
I. O'Brien 1/40

New Zealand First Innings
Overs 54.0, 195/5

D. Flynn 96* (177)
J. Ryder 49 (96)
R. Taylor 9 (14)

B. Hilfenhaus 3/42
M. Clarke 1/31
M. Johnson 1/50

End of Day 1

Gun game so far for me, hopefully Flynn gets his ton. Going to do Day 2 right now.

im currently playing this test and thought id let you know current score

4th test headingley, australia won the toss and elected to bat (annoyed with this lol)

Australia overs 40.2 /196 all out/
M.Hussey 51 (77) S.Broad 3-59 (11.0)
M.Clarke 30 (17) G.Swann 2-16 (6.2)
A.Symonds 29 (44) A.Fintoff 2-55 (12.0)
B.Lee 22 (49)

England overs 5.0 /32 for 0/
A.Strauss 18 (16)
A.Cook 14 (14)

England still trail by 164 runs with 2nd innings yet to be played

im confident on winning ashes series in this test as aussie poor 192 first innings but i havent been batting to great myself recently to be fair

ill post whole result of ashes test tommorow and 5th and final test at the brit oval

i still lead at the moment 2-1 in the ashes series im planning to do another ashes series once finished this one but in australia and see the difference in play will be fun looking forward to it, then of course ill have to do ashes series with the aussies lol

jamershepp added 11 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

actually not tired so im going to resume my 4th test now

jamershepp added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

hows your match going nz0003??

jamershepp added 10 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

i cant believe it i have lost two wickets in quick succesion strauss and cook strauss was stupid there was gap in the field big gap so i hit a lofted shot got a four and then tried it again and i never do this but i completely misstimed and it went straight up in the air and caught of course then something else i never do i went for three runs and got run out just i dived in but just too late im really annoyed

jamershepp added 8 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

i ost another wicket again im currently 66/3 kp and collingwood at the crease my 3rd wicket another ofted back foot shot caught im playing it safe now i was trying to hit every shot and it was messing me up my timing is awfull in this match pitch seems quicker

Just got the game...Great start of things but when i finally started to play a test match.

I got England all out for 253 of 20 Overs!!! they smashed me, any way to prevent?

Sadly run out bug there :crying 7 Run outs and 3 wickets against England

jamershepp added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...
hows your match going nz0003??
jamershepp added 10 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Ended up making 312 off about 70 overs. Flynn made his ton and Oram got 49 pretty quickly.

Now I've got Australia 139/6 so a win is looking likely, Bond and Vettori have 2 wickets each.

Day 3 session 1, draw looking possible. Will be interesting to see how the ai goes with declarations.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 67
Mine are aswell. I've been bowling in the 'yellow' areas and I've set a dominantly off-side field.

gas how come the cpu are scoring realistically?

You need to create the field setting i used, i posted a screen shot a few pages back in the realistic test match thread. You need to only bowl in yellow or at worst light green area's. You need to hit the execution meter on the perfect spot 90% of the time. If you can do that consistently for a long time cpu will generally score 3-4 runs per over.

The_gas added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

See here.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1504130-post26.html

300/8 in 3rd innings - a lead of 220 atm.
Things which pleased me greatly:
Thin edges to the keeper - had two thin snicks caught by Haddin to mistimed shots off Hilfenhaus. Well set players as well.
Johnson's pace dropping to low 80s when he was timid.

Things which displeased me:
Got the front foot/back foot bug. Prior rocked back to a yorker and got castled.
Stupid AI refusing to post a fielder at fine leg despite me milking the spinner down there.

I've just reached tea on day 1 of the 1st ashes test and so far i'm 223-6. Despite having been 132-5, broad and prior but on a patnership of 88 to put england into a promising position. However, Broad was caught fishing on 49 and edged to Haddin. Flintoff has come in and has begun to steady the ship going nicely on 23 off 41.

Day 3 Session 3

Batting has become easy as all the aussie bowlers seem to be tired and timid.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 56
I hate how much Marcus North bowls on this game. Got a nice game going there, Gas. As you say, when their bowlers start getting tired their lines go awful. I'm hating these horribly defensive fields too. I rarely see slips in Test Matches.

Users who are viewing this thread