How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

I hate how much Marcus North bowls on this game. Got a nice game going there, Gas. As you say, when their bowlers start getting tired their lines go awful. I'm hating these horribly defensive fields too. I rarely see slips in Test Matches.

Thanks, yes its a good game. Let down though by poor fields. I actually did well to get close to their score, that's the highest I've ever scored. Broad has some fun slogging a few at the end.

Aus are bowling now, already dropped a chance in the slips.

Oh, the cpu never uses defensive fields against me, why is that? Its always attacking fields, makes scoring runs too easy. Once a batsmen gets to 50, balanced fields should be used. Once he hits a 100, you should see at least 5 on the boundary.

Day 4 Session 1

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 69
The fields change constantly when i bat, one minute its defensive,next attacking, if you scroll through them there doesnt appear to be much difference between defence, balanced or attacking apart from the odd couple of settings, keep getting suckered into the slightly slower ball full and outside off, its almost real!!!:doh

Finished the first Ashes test last night, won by 153 runs. An unfamiliar batsman got my highest score in the first innings (;)), surprisingly actually as I couldn't put my stats too high because I had to spread them between batting and bowling.

Not too unrealistic until the start of their second innings, at one point there they were going at 9 an over, managed to slow them down with a few wickets, but still hopefully the patch sorts that out. Finished on the morning session of the fourth day so thats not too bad I guess.

Attachments

• DSC00444.JPG
    DSC00444.JPG
    721.2 KB · Views: 76
Thanks, yes its a good game. Let down though by poor fields. I actually did well to get close to their score, that's the highest I've ever scored. Broad has some fun slogging a few at the end.

Aus are bowling now, already dropped a chance in the slips.

Oh, the cpu never uses defensive fields against me, why is that? Its always attacking fields, makes scoring runs too easy. Once a batsmen gets to 50, balanced fields should be used. Once he hits a 100, you should see at least 5 on the boundary.

Day 4 Session 1

If the ball is there, I will hit it. Why in my current game I'm on about 420-9 from 60 overs. In all my Ashes matches, 2nd over of the innings, by Siddle, no slips.

Playing my first test match!!!

yay4.png

Homo Ai enough said i will not play test matches till this game is patched disgraceful that we paid for this:doh

Just started an ODI tournament as England. Australia were 164 from 22 overs. Swann took 5-79 from 5.4 overs...Just far too easy to take wickets. Got the runs in about 20 overs, but with one wicket left. James Hopes is hopelessly impossible to get away.

First Test at Cardiff put into bat and me as England are 86/8 off 25.2 prett realistic :P

Won the second test after bowling them out for 138 (100 runs short). Their only two batsmen who got in and scored both got runout but I hadn't saved for ages and wasn't going to undo all the other wickets I'd taken.

Played my first t20 on normal and got 8/258. I only got that thanks to Hopes and Lee putitng in a combined effort to hit 6 consecutive fours as well as a few sixes. I probably got like 50 runs in the last 3 overs. Hopes and Lee = Tank.

They kept a good run rate but kept losing wickets. I had them something like 7/180 but they ended up with 8/238 lol. It was really fun. I didn't play a lot of lofted shots but scored quick runs. Bowling was hard but fun. I dropped like 4 outfield catches though :laugh

I am still yet to play a test match. I have played 10/20/50 overs game. I should say, despite the bugs I find this game as an interesting one. Bowling is fun, took ages to explore the bowling options. Still didn't find a way to contain with the spinner. I bowled with Harbhajan singh, I managed to give 58 runs in 10 overs, but the odd thing is, because of the hesitant confidence level I never got the doosra option enabled for this bowler. :sarcasm

Fast bowling is nice. Exploring with part timers are even more fun, I learnt a lesson - Never continue for long with part timers. :p Yuvraj singh got me a wicket in first over for 2 runs and in next over, he was smashed for 20+ runs. :doh

Let me see if I can get a review done.

On Hard, if you can bowl your spinners for under 7 an over, you've done well.

I've gone to T20 as it seems to be the most realistic. Bit annoyed by the format of it, and the fact you can randomly change your venue midway through the tournament. The games itself have been good, I've bowled very economical for once managed to keep SL to 6 an over. Batting has become a lot easier especially with Warner whose my superstar. Don't know about Jaywardne doing the bowling, I liked Malinga's action which was spot on.

Earlier I beat Bangladesh are scoring 199, they taught me to play against spin having 3 spinners on.

Into the final against India, should take them out if I keep my form up. Then I will return to the Ashes to see if my batting has improved.

Users who are viewing this thread