How do i get wickets?

Bomberman69

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was just wondering, in the PC demo of the game (with the expander) i can bat heaps good but wen it comes to bowling i cant get a wicket.i can bowl maiden after maiden by swinging it past the outside edge but wen i try sumfin different i get hit for 6. can someone plz give me tips on how to bowl good and get wickets. Thank u.

Also can someone tell me hpw to take a screen shot of my innings so i can post my high scores on this site.

akshan

School Cricketer
pu tailenders to open battind for other team and bowl them by bwling on the stumps or yorkers

Bomberman69

School Cricketer
ok thx but are there any suggestions on how to get the top order bowlers out after cheating and getting rid of the tailenders

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The method I use is pitching it half way down the pitch with a fairly low speed. The batsmen often mistime the ball and it makes for easy catches or bowled.

It does become slightly repetitive though so for a good competitive match bowl realistically with plenty of variety and you will feel the satisfaction when you take a wicket.

SkateBoarder2 ;)

Last edited:

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I've been trying my arse off to get Hayden or Gilchrist out before they reach 150 for the first wicket. I can't get them out bowled, lbw, edged or caught inside the circle. Always ends up being an outfield catch. I'm bowling as the West Indies, but surely one of their bowlers should be able to get them out a bit earlier! I'm trying everything - varying pace, line ect. And it's hard to get my meter up to a special delivery when they keep hitting me for boundaries!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
CaptainOZ said:
I've been trying my arse off to get Hayden or Gilchrist out before they reach 150 for the first wicket. I can't get them out bowled, lbw, edged or caught inside the circle. Always ends up being an outfield catch. I'm bowling as the West Indies, but surely one of their bowlers should be able to get them out a bit earlier! I'm trying everything - varying pace, line ect. And it's hard to get my meter up to a special delivery when they keep hitting me for boundaries!
Looks like you need to play on Village mode...

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
ZoraxDoom said:
Looks like you need to play on Village mode...
Yeah.....or perhaps "beach cricket" mode :rolleyes:

I used to love playing cricket on the beach when I was a young 'un

Ronan_UK

Club Cricketer
Lol! I just bowled out Sarwan and then Lara for a golden duck (how???) with Giles, pitched shorter than normal, but not short short, and it cut into the wicket and nicked the bails off from middle stump.

cricketmaster

School Cricketer
how do you guys get catches in the deep or anywhere besides the slips i cant because the computer never hit it in the air its always along the bloody ground

steppie

Club Cricketer
cricketmaster said:
how do you guys get catches in the deep or anywhere besides the slips i cant because the computer never hit it in the air its always along the bloody ground

hey buddy no offense but if it is the case thn i have to say u r bad in bowling man...

In my case i try to bowl in line and lenght and the edges and thirdman or deep catches just come by...

ricky1988

Club Cricketer
Bowl medium length and mix it up sometimes put in slower balls and you can bowl the computer

Users who are viewing this thread