How to make bats in cricket 2005.

langerrox

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi all this is a tutorial for making bats in cricket 2005 barmyarmy did one before but i didnt understand it when i was just starting out so ill go into this with detail,

requirements

A hex editor
Fshed
Eagraph or Bigui
and photoshop(or a program that lets you save 16bit bmps)

first thing

find a good picture/s of the bat you want to make
in this tutorial i will be making a puma velocity.
heres the pic

first of all open up photoshop or photo editing software with your bat picture you are going to use

then open up the template you are going to use in this case i am going to use the template that colin and I came up with.
Template.png

(right click save as to use it for yourself)
next use a lasso tool, pen tool and rectangle marque tool to select the face of the bat.

copy the selection, then go to your bat template and paste it

delete any uneccesary parts of the face so it fits nicely into the template.
next select the back of the bat your going to use and paste it in and delete and uneccesary parts

next select and the handle or grip

next step select a little bit of the wood from the face of the bat and strech it all over the template (not grip) and then put the layer that has the wood face stretched at the bottom of your layers (above the template)

next erase the wood that is at the edges of the face and back so it looks smooth

next once your happy with the bat go file/save as then select 16bit bmp

then open it up in a hex editor for this i using 'FSHED' and open your bat you made and delete the last 2 entries (the two 00's) so it looks like this, then save the bat.

then go to
The .fsh files list
and find the .fsh file lining up to your bat in this case i am going to use bat 48 (.fsh file 01fe622dfc8854c77a7615ff65a01e44.fsh) so open up eagraph or bigui and open up your .gob should be in c:/programfiles/easports/cricket2005/data and its called data_pc.gob
then search for the .fsh file you need to import your bat in case case im using .fsh file 01fe622dfc8854c77a7615ff65a01e44.fsh
then export it to desktop or wherever you want.

then open it open in fshed (different program to FSHED)
and go object/import and then new find the bat your going to use then click update
then click file/save in fshed and put the name as the .fsh your using and save it in c:/programfiles/easports/cricket2005
and then start up cricket 2005 and either create a player and go player acessories then choose the bat number you used before, i used bat number 48. or use a bat number that is used by a certain player, eg : ponting uses bat number 5, to find the .fsh for that check out the link i gave before.
and once youve done all like, hopefully it will turn out like this:)

good luck with all your future bat making, and rep me if you feel necessary:)

I am new to this site and I've seen your pwn bats and they're pretty damn amazing, I was just wondering where I do you obtain the Hex editor?
Would appreciate a reply.

Wow, we can all learn something sometimes. Just when I thought I had nothing new to learn about bat making...
I'd just add that it might be more effective to use the smudge tool than the erase tool for blending the two layers together.

Could someone please tell me how to get the graphics the same size. I've got some pics off the web, but they're either too big or too small when I paste it onto the template.

Thanks in advance

Even the slowest get there eventually

Sorry had to post these here. My first bat...thanks to Langer's awesome tutorial...
Nice and simple and the bottom looks a bit square to me, but I'll get better

:happy

Attachments

• Vampire1.JPG
    Vampire1.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Vampire2.JPG
    Vampire2.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 995
Couple of things to add to this. First here is the colour map:

Template.png

batmap.jpg

As you can see Green makes up the front face, orange the back and purple the handle.
The sides are half black and blue on one side and all yellow on the other. Think of the template as a wrap-around. The red makes up the shoulder, toe and top vertically of the bat. I've had to adjust the template slightly as the back wasn't quite right. Use this template when making bats. I've edited langerrox's post.

mmm good work colin, bat looks gdk! u could get a job working for me lol!! thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread