How to make Test Cricket more interesting?

How to make Tes Cricket More Interseting?

• Pronouced Seam Ball

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • 4 Day Test

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Test Cricket is better the way it is

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Increasing the size of boundaries

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Give every player one challenge per match for Hawkeye replay?

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Why play, just spin the coing and decide the match:-)

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Remove 2 bouncer limit from test matches

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Bring back bodyline:-) Oh yeah baby.

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
What? No! The object is to make the battle between ball and bat more even, not give bowlers a huge advantage over batsmen.

right now its too heavily favored for the batsman, esp in subcontinent. I am just suggesting making it more even.

I agree the pitches need a bit more for the bowler. Also think the ball needs to be changed in England as the new ones seem to do nothing. Other than that theres nothing wrong with it.

right now its too heavily favored for the batsman, esp in subcontinent. I am just suggesting making it more even.

Yeah there needs to be some movement in the morning session.

Yes but uncovered pitches will take it from a batsman dominated game to a bowler dominated one. The answer is to make better pitches.

Yes but uncovered pitches will take it from a batsman dominated game to a bowler dominated one. The answer is to make better pitches.

Not really, it will just expose how the modern batsman has been catered too. There were great batsman in the time of uncovered pitches who did not get the flat tracks that we have today.

Oh absolutely, but you are proposing going from one extreme to the other without utilizing the resources we have these days and actually create pitches which will give both disciplines a fair chance to show their worth. Again, the purpose of any change should be to have a fantastic battle between the bat and ball, whereas uncovered pitches will swing the advantage to the bowlers massively as the techniques used by batsmen these days are not meant for uncovered pitches.

Oh absolutely, but you are proposing going from one extreme to the other without utilizing the resources we have these days and actually create pitches which will give both disciplines a fair chance to show their worth. Again, the purpose of any change should be to have a fantastic battle between the bat and ball, whereas uncovered pitches will swing the advantage to the bowlers massively as the techniques used by batsmen these days are not meant for uncovered pitches.

How about we play four test series and cater for both batsmen and bowler:

Two test matches played on uncovered wickets, and two on dead, flat pitches ;)

What do you think of an ICC committee that is responsible for making sure pitches are not excessively flat. It sounds good to me but not sure if it is feasible. ECB for example benefits from flat pitches as it ensures that play will go on for 5 days and more monies will come through the gates.

ECB for example benefits from flat pitches as it ensures that play will go on for 5 days and more monies will come through the gates.

Nothing wrong with flatter pitches if it ensures play will go on past the second session of the fifth day. My problem is with the roads we've seen in the past few years, and I think an ICC committee would definitely be a step in the right direction to resolve this.

nightprowler10 added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

How about we play four test series and cater for both batsmen and bowler:

Two test matches played on uncovered wickets, and two on dead, flat pitches ;)

The bowlers will be too exhausted if the two flat pitches come up first. :p

Haha, C&P time again.

Pitches, pitches, pitches.

And to counter the weather problem, 6th day to make up for missed overs, as PCB suggested in 2005.

All that's needed IMO.
Pakistan do need a 6th day when hosting test cricket, especially in the winter (November - February).

In the winter, you can only get around 75 overs in per day, so you're really playing 4 day test cricket in Pakistan (unless of course we can use the lights like they are in The Ashes).

Only 2 fielders outside 30 yards circle should be allowed.

Ban that deep point. :mad:

Ban helmets, back to the old days of duck, hook, or ████ !
Imagine what it must of been like facing Lilley and Thompson with no hard hat, proper cricket.

Ban helmets, back to the old days of duck, hook, or ████ !
Imagine what it must of been like facing Lilley and Thompson with no hard hat, proper cricket.

forget Lillee , what about Larwood, they have done analysis of his bowling footage (albeit with a large degree of error) and most historians are convinced he is the fastest bowler to have graced a cricket pitch. The man usually drank beer instead of water (during drinks breaks) and had break during the lunch break too. Absolute legend.

Mr bodyline, legend.

york my big toe added 7 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Or how about an optional sledge mic, so if it does not offend you to hear a bunch of slips and wicky getting under a batsman skin you can press red on the remote and hear everything.

And how about a sledge award at the end of a series to the most potent sledger.

I hate the PC cricket brigade who moan about sledging, saying it needs to be faded out the game, the same breed who drive round a puddle in there car or check the front and back doors are locked 16 times before they go to bed. AAgghhh.

I think they should turn up the stump mics so we can hear everythign that goes on. Id much rather hear Straussy setting his fields and the banter than the commentators droning on about pointless stuff. They should also mic the umpires so we can hear them deliberating.

Turn the stump mics off in the subcontinent. If I have to hear Akmal appeal once more ,my ear drums will explode.

Users who are viewing this thread