• Simultaneous retirements of Aussie greats

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Emergence of ICL and IPL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
What do you think was the high point of 2007 or any other incident which will make you remeber year 2007?

Bob Woolmer was a legend, I cannot forget him.

A Few things, Cricket World Cup, The First 20-20 World Cup and Bob Woolmer RIP

I'll probably only remember the 20-20 world cup. It was great, and overshadowed the real one by far.

Remember 2007? I cant remember yesterday! ;)

The T20 World Cup win will remain quite strong as a memory.
It has probably overshadowed the ouster on India from the ICC World Cup 07 in the Carrib to a large extent.

Woolmer's death for me. It has been a really bad year on the field. The World Cup was rubbish, there were only a handful of Tests and Twenty20 was blown way out of proportion.

Ah !
You have answered yourself as to why the World Cup was rubish.
The T20 was blown out of proportion.

I believe UCBSA earned more for the T20 hosting than the WICB[World Cup hosting].

its ben such a crap year that I think I'll drink so much on new years that I never have the displeasure of remembering it.

Bob Woolmer's Death
Losing the ashes 5-0
Terrible World Cup
Poor Twenty20 World Cup
Getting embarrassed by Sri Lanka

Adds up to not a great year for English cricket.

Sad about Bob Woolmer's death. A big shock to the cricket world.

It seems Woolmer's death has overshadowed any positive highlights this year. I hope next years cricket will be more exciting without any surpsing deaths/accidents. The second big disappointment was the Ind-Pak series. Very one-sided, boring cricket. Expected much more after all the hype.

Australia's hat-trick of World Cups will stick in my memory. Even though the tournament it self wasn't great you have got to admit that is a good acheivement.

India's win definetley the thing to remember for me, It will be remebered for quite a few years - by me. Obviously Woolmer's death was a reall shock to cricket and hopefully we will not have any more tradgic events like that which bring the cricket world to a standstill :(....

I voted for the retirement of Warne and McGrath... however why is the Ashes series not on the list? That would have been my first chioce.

Users who are viewing this thread