Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Muralitharan?s world record in Test cricket

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Simultaneous retirements of Aussie greats

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Emergence of ICL and IPL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Forgive me if I'm wrong but didnt it end on the 5th of January 2007? Therefore the 5-0 result was finalized in 2007.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but didnt it end on the 5th of January 2007? Therefore the 5-0 result was finalized in 2007.

Four of the five Tests were played last year, so theoretically the Ashes was in 2006.

England's poor form in everything but individual ODIs and the emergence of these rebel cricket leagues has made this a poor year for me.

5-0 Ashes series. It wasn't there, so I voted for retirements of Mcgrath, Warne and Langer.

I voted the retirements of the Aussie legends.

But the Ashes is the best. I will remember the 06/07 Ashes for a while.

Note the 07, so therefore it was in 07.

The Ashes and retirements will stick out the most, even though most of the Ashes was last year. World Cup win was fantastic, with the poor result not quite overshadowing it, and the sudden Indian obsession with Twenty20 following their win was certainly entertaining.

This year stood out for me as the one where India played some good cricket.
I did not think that I`d be saying this after the 2007 WC but Iam !

India`s test series win in England after 20-odd years followed by the T20 WC win were special for most Indian fans.
McGrath,Lara,Warnie,Langer retiring is something which stands out as well.

Last edited:
I found the Twenty20 World Cup entertaining not just because of the Indian victory but because Australia lost to Zimbabwe and also because there were quite a few highlights in that tournament (such as Broad being smashes out of the ground 6 times in a row).

After that, I would have to say India's tour of England was great from a test match point of view.

Retirements of Warne and McGrath would be the top of my list.
The shocking end to the WC final and Woolmer death.

if the retirements of warne, mcgrath and langer are there, shouldnt the ashes 2006/7 be there ? as they retired at the end of the ashes ? anyway i voted for the retirement of those players, ashes 06/7 would of been my 1st choice though ....

Yeah but they actually retired in 2007 there's a difference, As lee said 4 of the 5 tests were played in 2006,

I can't see why people will remember Woolmer's death when they hear the words '2007 cricket season' 10 years on.

I can't see why people will remember Woolmer's death when they hear the words '2007 cricket season' 10 years on.

Woolmer died slap bang in the middle of the 2007 World Cup, so when people hear the words '2007 cricket season' they will say 'that is the year Woolmer died'.

Users who are viewing this thread