HowZat.com Free Cricket Game - We've live!

I'm sure Matt was doing something else while playing the game.. coz chasing 57, he ended up at 11/0 :p

And, the most amazing thing happened! I bowled watson, was disappointed that he was out.. he was playing so well ;) .. Guess what! No Ball :D

I have been playing this game for the past day or so, and I absolutely love it. My thoughts on the game:

Positives:

1) Great animations for a browser-based games. In fact, the bowling animations are better than some of the animations that I have seen on console-based games. Really adds to the realism of the game.

2) Really fun bowling - the bowling meter is a smart contraption, and really adds to the fun of the game.

3) Great variety of shots - I absolutely love the upper square cut. I still haven't played all the shots... Radius_Vector, how many shots are there in the game?

4) Gameplay: Its NOT a slog-a-thon. Though I have been finding it really hard to hit sixes, I do appreciate that aspect of the game, since it gives the bowler a true chance. Though I still can't swing or spin the ball that much, I like how many opportunities you get to fool the batsman. It makes for a pretty deep gameplay experience.

5) Management: I am really intrigued by this aspect of the game, though I haven't been able to see how points actually affect the players. Radius_Vector, maybe a guide here would be helpful.

Now for the negatives:

1) It seems to me that the batting can sometimes be too easy in the game, once you get the hang of it - maybe something could be done about it.
2) Lag Issue: Most of my games didn't experience too much lag, but some games became really slow over time.
3) No Chat Feature. Would love to have one.
4) Practice Nets. So that I can time shots better !
5) Fielding: I would like to see the option to be able to change the field during the over. And more fields!
6) Stat-Tracking: I would expect a manager game would have in-depth stat-tracking. RV, is this feature coming soon?

Overall, I am really excited by this first attempt at Howzat. Hopefully, with time it will only get better and better. Bye bye, StickCricket ... Howzat is now my home.

I've had some close matches with RV.. we had a tie in one of our matches and I beat him in another and he beat me in two so I'm looking forward to playing him when he comes again..

Abhas looks to be the main competitor on here though, he is very good.

I've had some close matches with RV.. we had a tie in one of our matches and I beat him in another and he beat me in two so I'm looking forward to playing him when he comes again..

Abhas looks to be the main competitor on here though, he is very good.

Teach me how to hit a six. I'll be the best then :p

Looks like the reviews and feedback are flowing in!

Since this is a webgame, adding features is a breeze, and everyday, we at Team HowZat slog it out to give you the best features and gameplay possible. We are definitely keeping the user in mind, and will be involved in the feedback loop constantly.

Radius_Vector added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Well, I have a problem with this. Loading the actually game becomes an issue as it says that it's loaded 100% (14.7 MB/14.7 MB). And it's forever loading at that point. Bug?

Please clear your browser cache, and try again. This is a very minor problem we're working on.

RV, what are the chances of extending overs? I'd really love to play 10ovs as a minimum, and 50 as a max, is it possible?

Played a match against RV. He is now a pro as he has played most of the HowZat matches which giving demo :D.

After 5 overs, he was 67 but I was 13/2 for 5 overs. I have to practice.

Overall impressions, I find it better than any other online browser cricket game. It has defeated Stick Cricket no doubt but still needs some small improvements. :).

Good Luck !

Played my first match against RV! he scored 82.. so I decided, its time to try out new shots instead ;)
Somehow managed to get upto 40-something!

The plus from the match? I HIT SIX! :D

RV has mastered in hitting sixes. He hit around 5-6 sixes while playing against me.

I was a really n00b there:doh

I hereby lay down a challenge to RV.

Play now, my creator.

Some impressions and suggestions. Bear in mind this could just be me not yet having mastered the game.
Cut shots are too powerful and too easy to play
Sweeps shots are very hard to play.
As these are your two scoring areas against an open field it means that all your opponent has to do is aim at leg stump.

When you miss, the game should tell you why. I played a lot of sweeps and leg glances which didn't appear as early/late on the metre leading me to think the game considered it the wrong shot.

There's too much movement allowed from the batsman. You shouldn't be able to shuffle across so much you can turn a legside wide into a square cut.

Overall it's an enjoyable game though.

Some impressions and suggestions. Bear in mind this could just be me not yet having mastered the game.
Cut shots are too powerful and too easy to play
Sweeps shots are very hard to play.
As these are your two scoring areas against an open field it means that all your opponent has to do is aim at leg stump.

When you miss, the game should tell you why. I played a lot of sweeps and leg glances which didn't appear as early/late on the metre leading me to think the game considered it the wrong shot.

There's too much movement allowed from the batsman. You shouldn't be able to shuffle across so much you can turn a legside wide into a square cut.

Overall it's an enjoyable game though.

You don't want body-line bowling do you? Specially when everyone knows sweep is hard to play. :p
It's part of the fun!

Users who are viewing this thread