I can't buy a wicket

redlantern2051

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm the Windies playing Pakistan. Aktar rolled me and I was all out for about for like 53.

In comes Pakistan. I get 2 early wickets, both with slower balls.

Then Inzy strides to the crease. Many, many many overs later, my legspinner manages to get someone out with a googly. Inzy bats on. Youhana comes to the crease. I bowl like 50 more overs. No wicket. Finally I bowl Youhana on a NO-BALL with my spinner-googly again.

I almost smash my computer screen in frustration. So far Inzy edged one to where leg-slip would be-there was no leg slip. There is now, and nothings happened.

Pakistan are now about 3-200...I need a wicket! How, people,how??? This is the most boring task I've ever sat thru. I would kill someone for autoplay on bowling!

Just practice and eventually you'll both enjoy it and find it easy. It can be frustrating at first.
Just think with an autoplay feature you'd never experience the pleasure of bowling well which imo is better than batting well.

hey have you experienced the bug where the computer declines easy singles when they hit it to the outfield?

redlantern2051 said:
...Pakistan are now about 3-200...I need a wicket!...

You know, 3-200 isn't all that bad. I was expecting you to say something like 3-500 or even 600.

3-200 is nothing! In my first test against England they declared at 3 for 560...Strauss made a double century! This was on County Level. Haven't played them on Test level yet...

I am playing State too..Inzy brought up his hundred last night b4 I saved...I am trying to bowl from a different angle, maybe I'll get him at legslip...he is really starting to wind up and play his shots too...*holds head in hands*...

Full inswinging deliveries do the trick for me. Bowled or LBW
With your spinners use the rough to try beat the batsmen

With a poor team, inswingers are the way to go. I won World Cup on state level, without losing a match-also Pakistan almost beat me twice, due to their superior bowling. I love Inzy as a player, and I actually don't mind so much its him scoring all these runs-enoughs enough, tho! :-)

Well, I loaded up again, and after a couple of testing overs, I managed to yet Youhana out to an inswinger. Then my career player, an all-rounder leg-spinner, ripped through the bottom half of Pakistan, taking 7-58, and leaving good ol' Inzy stranded up the other end!

I couldn't believe how fragile the Pakistani batting lineup is after Youhana/Inzy is broken. I then batted, made about 250, then Pakistan cruised home with 10 wickets. But I learned to persist, and I am still hopeful of a better showing in the remaining two tests.

But first-a net against pakistani bowlers!

I've found that every team's tail is terrible and all you need do is bowl at the stumps and you can usually knock them over very easily...I've been playing the World XI series on county level and found it quite difficult to get wickets...especially in the test matches..in the ODI's i've found that the batsmen are more attacking and usually take a few catches in the 10 overs. But in the test matches i've found it really difficult at times to get wickets...i've been able to stop them scoring runs but it took me 200 overs to bowl out the southern hemisphere XI i think it was about 400 they got..as far as batting goes i took a 50 run lead into the second innings after trouncing their bowling attack..i got around 450 in about 50 overs i think. I've found that I have to bowl outside off stump and move the ball away from the batsmen, set a predominantly (sp?) offside field to stop the runs and eventually i get edges to the keeper/slips but this can be very testing on the patience...2 days of bowling is pretty intense. I'm on to the final test against the world XI at the moment and I get the feeling i'm in for another long spell in the field...wish me luck :p

woah...essay

i ve found that if you leave no man out on the legside boundry with a spinner and bowl at there legs that they will hit it in the air to square leg or mid wicket. and with the left handers use a left hand pace bowler pitch it just outside the off stump and cut it in (but you need to bowl roughly at the top speed he can bowl) and they will try and hit it on the onside and get bowled or lbw.

Users who are viewing this thread