I can't buy a wicket

I have been having a problem bowling out sides myself. It can be a bit of a pain. Sometimes I just feel that the dismissals are random (like ea games) and not a result of a well executed plan. Do you guys think that the qickets are just reward for well constructed plans (like in real life)?

I mean like bowling outswingers consistently and then suddenly slipping in an inswinger.

barmyarmy said:
I certainly find that but I know some people bowl randomly and complain they can't get people out...

What plan works best for you?

To right handers a series of away swinger and then one back in; the odd slower ball too. With left handers most coming back into their pads with the one one going straight or towards the slips. No team has made more than 100 batting against me in the last few weeks!!!

Man, thats wicked. I just lost a series to Pakistan (I was the Windies) 2-1. In the second test my bowlers fired and I dismissed Pakistan in each inngs for around 65, but in the final Test, Pakistan scored like 450! its a great game but bowling can CERTAINLY be frustrating.

Same with me i get teams out 4 around 10-100

do u have a created player like yourself if u do wot does he bowl and bat?

I have an allrounder who bowls leg spin. He bowled like 45 overs in the innings and took like 2-112. My pace bowlers were doing nothing and he got two key wickets, but it was Sarwan who saved the day in the end. Took like 6 wickets.

Wicket-taking is so easy for me (on test difficulty). Maybe its because i play as aust. I just bowl good line and length, set orthodox fields, and the wickets usually come. My pace bowlers usually get the first 3 or 4 wickets for 100 runs, then the spinners clean up the middle order and tail. The highest any team has scored against me is India who scored 170.

Users who are viewing this thread