ICC 06 Monthly Challenge

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This will be changed monthly with a different challenge each month.

derbyshirecountycricketpm5.gif

Team: Derbyshire County Cricket Club
Level: Normal
Game Date Finish: 11th July 2006
Last Game: 20/20 vs Nottinghamshire @ Trent Bridge
Targets:
- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games
- Make 2 scores of 450+ in a County Championship game
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games
- Get a 100 with any batsman in a Challenge Trophy Game
- Win at least 2 20/20 games
- Hit a score of 175+ in a 20/20 game

Post your screenies of how your derbyshire team gets on and good luck :)

Well it's for anyone to try and just see how people get on and the finish date is 1st may so quite a while to do it :)

Reps to the members who complete the targets and a sig will be given as well!

Jaztheman said:
plenty off time to do ontop of our durham one jack:)

will do it though
Oh yes Jaz "the man" :p

Shall start in a minute and post my scorecards ect :)

Well started off very badly after getting them in trouble looking like I could get them out for around 250-300 they had a huge partnership with Rikki Clarke and Mark Butcher taking the game away from me with 100's. I made a decent effort with Di Venuto and Stubbings batting well and the tail got us to within 90 odd runs. They then just smashed us around and got to 350 odd in quick time to leave us to bat a day and a session on a 3rd and 4th day pitch which suited the bowlers. with un-even bounce and lots of turn I was skittled out for just 133 and a huge loos first up against a very good Surrey side.

derbyvsurrey1stgamefq3.png

Not a good start...

Plus sides: Got a good first innings score with good amount of bonus points. Made a good start to Surrey 1st innings dismissing the top order for not a lot.

Minus Sides: Let a massive partnership build when we looked like getting them out for a lowish score. Didn't get enough wickets 2nd time around. Too many edges that lead to lots of wickets in final innings when trying to bat out a day and a bit.

Overall Summary: Poor

well i had an interesting first game with te derby scum. I should have made more in my first innings and when bowling at them in the 2nd i could have been chasing 80 had i cleaned up the tail but i ended up capitulating to 162. ten wickets for Kumble meant i was powerless to save the match.
Summary
1st innings
Surrey-187 all out. Botha 4-53, Kumble 51
Derbyshire-302 all out. Kumble 5-88, Welch 70
2nd innings
Surrey-343 all out. Wagg 4-74, Newman 80
Derbyshire- target 229, 162 all out. Kumble 5-44, Adnan 57

this sounds like my sort of thing, i just know im gunna have a bad time getting that 175+ in 20/20, i ALLWAYS struggle in 20/20 games, if its the only target i have left to get id play 11 batsman to get it lol! i hate 20/20! but love it in real life

good idea mate,will post my 1st match soon.

Had a shocking performance vs Surrey in the first match.

surreyvsderbyshirebn0.jpg

Last edited:
I've just played my first game against Surrey in the CC. BY the way Rafferty is my new youth bowler. Batted first and did ok thanks to half centuries from Pipe and Birt, got to 246. Then bowling, I had them at 98-6, but they got away with it and got to 263 thanks to Azhar Mahmood, they got a first innings lead. Second innings was disappointing, with only Birt getting 50, his second 50 of the match. However, I set them an interesting target of 200 to win. I won comfortably in the end, thanks to an amazing 5-9 from 7 overs by Botha :D

I would have a go at this, but i already have a ICC 06 story going on in the Gaming Stories board, take a look at that by the way and leave some comments :p

BOONEY said:
Can we use ashes edition for this?
Yeh i'm sure you can but does it start from the same place as ICC 06?
And also I would have to say dont buy any overseas players if so...

Great to see a few guys trying it out and glad to see Phil winning the first game :clap

Well here is my 2nd game against Yorkshire in the challenge trophy:

Started off well after being put into the field getting frequent wickets, but they were racing along at a rate of knots! As I got into the tail the rate slowed and finally got them to a pretty par score of 236-9. Lungley was my best bowler but most of the bowlers took wickets. So I needed to go at 4.7 an over to win. Well I lost my best batsman in the first over for 0, Di Venuto. Birt was the only batsman to ever get going who finally fell for 91 after the rest of the abtsman deserted him and being finally bowled out for 168 with 7.4 overs still to play. Yorkshire won by 68 runs!

derbyvyorkshire2ndgameev8.png

Plus Points: Birt showed he can bat after a rubbish 1st game against Surrey. Bowled well and took frequent wickets, was able to keep them to a pretty par score on a good track.

Minus Points: Let them go at too quick a rate in the early overs. Nobody supported Birt with only Hasan Adnan making it to 20. Lost wickets to frequently and never looked in control.

Overall Summary: Very poor but good in places (sounds like a horse racing track conditions :p)

Users who are viewing this thread