ICC 06 Monthly Challenge

press "Print Screen" then go into "Paint" then paste it then go to www.imageshack.us upload it then copy Forum hotlink (2) in here and your done

yorkshirevsderbseo3.jpg

another defeat,this time in the challenge trophey

iloveireland said:
THX, I HOPE THIS WORKS...
[img=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6838/iwinbx7.th.png]

[img=http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8967/iwonld9.th.png]

I MUST ADMIT I AM PRETTY PROUD OF THIS PERFORMANCE. IT WAS THE SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON. ADNAN AND DI VENUTO COMPLETELY LEGENDARY

THX TOBES,
WAT IS VCASH?
You're not posting the links correctly.

You need to trun your caps lock key off.

For your final question, have a search of the forums and you will find your answer.

Wasn't a great start with bowling but debutant Boyd Rankin took some wickets batting was fairly good birt only made 0 though, Di Venuto was great as was Welch, Rankin was a surprise making a half century! 2nd innings was brilliant with Birt and Adnan racking up a 159 run partnership with Birt falling 2 short of a century but Adnan continued on with a fine 150+, Stubbings also had a 50.
Positives: Di Venuto, Birt, Adnan, Welch and Boyd Rankin
Bad Points: Our Bowling, and not being able to put an opening partnership together.
Targets:
- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games 1/8
- Make 2 scores of 450+ in a County Championship game 1/2
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games
- Get a 100 with any batsman in a Challenge Trophy Game
- Win at least 2 20/20 games
- Hit a score of 175+ in a 20/20 game​

My next game was against Leicestershire in the Challenge trophy. Playing at home I decided to get the groundsman to prepare a batting track and hope we win the toss and put some runs on the board. We did just that and started off tremendously making a opening partnership of 112! Di Venuto hit 73 and Birt made 53 as we cruised to a decent total of 243-4. They started off well with a great partnership of 98 before Welch got Maddy for 48. They looked set to win at 126-2 when Robinson was run out and the tide turned in our favour. They never got a decent partnership of over 23 after that and we managed to bowl them out for 208. Lungley was expensive but picked up 3 wickets, but Botha and Welch bowled superbly to take 3 wickets as well. We won by 35 runs.

derbyvleicestershire5thjs5.png

Plus Points: Made a big opening partnership to set the innings in motion. Got a few good scores and made a decent total. Bowled well after the first 2 wickets fell and managed to keep them to 208 after they looked like winning.

Minus Points: Wasn't able to take iniative of good start and post a score of 300. Didn't bowl well opening up and relied on the older ball to do the work for us.

Overall Summary: Good solid win

just started this challenge, signed 4 young players here are my results.

CC V Surrey
Derby 1st: 356, Chester (youth player) 142
Surrey 1st: 380, Dean 5-129
Derby 2nd: 345, Birt 105, Di Venuto 104
Surrey 2nd: 324-6

So not a bad start, 3 100's is good.

OD V Yorkshire

Yorkshire: 249-5
Derby: 250-3, Birt 127

fantastic result, birt in good early season form.

cricket2007040220110382cr1.png

Well we're getting there:)

- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games 1/4
- Make 2 scores of 450+ in a County Championship game 1/2
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games 1/3
- Get a 100 with any batsman in a Challenge Trophy Game 0/1
- Win at least 2 20/20 games 0/2
- Hit a score of 175+ in a 20/20 game 0/1

Next up was Worcestshire, in what i thought would be one of the hardest games of the challenge. Lost the toss but was put into bat anyway like I wanted to. We were reduced to 138-9 and looking in a terrible situation, when Sheikh at 9 played the best innings I have ever seen by a batsman below 6 in the order! He hit 74 off 177 balls and along with Hunter (16*) they put on a last wicket partnership of 80 to get us a batting point at 218. Although a poor score, a much better position than it should of been. They came in and were in trouble with 57-3 on the board, But then things started to go grim for us. With the next 6 partnerships going like this: 117, 55, 59, 70, 91 & 56 we were down and out! They amassed a huge total of 505-9 dec and we never looked like getting there. Although looking good at 210-4 it all fell apart and we fell 20 runs short and lost by an innings and 20 runs!

derbyvworcestershire6thih8.png

Plus Points: Sheikh's batting! Truely sensational along with a hard fought 16* from Hunter to get us 1 bonus point.

Minus Points: Shocking bowling after having them on back foot. 1st innings shocker that I'd rather forget!

Overall Summary: A load of BULL!

- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games 1/4
- Make 2 scores of 450+ in a County Championship game 0/2
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games 1/3
- Get a 100 with any batsman in a Challenge Trophy Game 0/1
- Win at least 2 20/20 games 0/1
- Hit a score of 175+ in a 20/20 game 0/1

I do plan on doing this challenge, I hope to start it on Thursday.

Sureshot said:
I do plan on doing this challenge, I hope to start it on Thursday.
Great, can't wait to see how you sort out this hopeless bunch of "professional cricketers" :p

im dreading the thought of trying to get jaques out with the darbyshire bowlers!!!

so, i was destroyed by sri lanka, not gunna post anything about that, i would rather forget all about it thankyou.

Glamorgan - County championship

lost the toss (again!) and they choose to bat which was what i would have prefered to do.
a good effort from the lads on a pretty good batting pitch, only one glamorgan player getting over 50 (cosgrove - 57) and only 2 partnerships over 50 (68 and 77) but apart from those two, pretty regular wickets looked like reducing them to below 300, untill a last wicket stand getting there 3rd partnership over 50 by thomas and jones pushed them from 261 to 313, still not bad, Dean ending with fiqures of 23.4-3-66-4
in my first innings an opening partnership of 90, as well as 3 partnerships over 100 gave me my first 450+ of the season :) Birt - 89, stubbings - 161, sheikh - 113 and welch unlucky to miss out on a century with 98 gave me a total of 579! 4 sessions to get them out and get any runs we need to win.

only 1 half century in there 2nd innings and rugular wickets got them all out 301, dean again impressing with 25.5-6-72-5 mean we needed 36 with an hour left and looking to rain, players set to 1 below full to get the runs befour it rained ment the runs were got pretty quick finishing on 36-1!

another added onto my county target and first 450+ in county games, looking good so far :)

- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games - 2/4
- Make 2 scores of 450+ in a County Championship game - 1/2
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games - 1/3
- Get a 100 with any batsman in a Challenge Trophy Game - 1/1
- Win at least 2 20/20 games - 0/2
- Hit a score of 175+ in a 20/20 game - 0/1

Attachments

• glamorgan county.JPG
    glamorgan county.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread