ICC 06 Monthly Challenge

Well when I started this game I thought it was going to be a pretty boring 1 day game. I lost the toss and they shoved us in the field for 50 overs. They hit us around the park in the last few overs and managed to drag their total up to 263-8! I thought it was going to be very hard to chase down this total with any team, let alone Derbyshire lol. But started off very well. getting to 37-1 then a 105 partnership between Adnan and Di Venuto, the former I thought would go on for a 100 to meet the target, but unfortunatley fell 23 short at 77. Then lost wickets quite frequently when Botha and Sheikh came together needing 19 to win 6.5 overs. They got it down to 4 needed off 1 over, from Daniel Vettori. hit a 2 and then 1, to need 1 from 3 balls. It came down to the alst bal lwith the scores tied! Vettori got it to spin and Sheikh missed it to complete a memorable game! A tie finished off what was a great game.

derbyvwarickshire7thgamro2.png

Plus points: Chased down a 263 score and almost made it. Everyone helped towards the cause of chasing it down. Bowled ok at start.

Minus points: Leaked runs at the end of their innings. Lost frequent wickets after the big 2nd wicket partnership. Wasn't able to make 1 run from 3 balls.

Overall Summary: Thriller, fantastic game!

worcestershire county championship game

yet another decent bowling performance after being put in the field, looked like i was gunna have them out below 300, a decent 9th wicket stand and then a 103 last wicket stand got them up to 426! damm!
a sheikh 100 not out in my 1st innings helped the team avoid the follow on but struggling with bowling in the 2nd innings ment that they got to 302-6 declared. 2 and a half dsessions to last and falling to 82-6 ment that all i could hope for was a draw, and a draw was what we got.
another added to my county target!

- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games - 3/4
- Make 2 scores of 450+ in a County Championship game - 1/2
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games - 1/3
- Get a 100 with any batsman in a Challenge Trophy Game - 1/1
- Win at least 2 20/20 games - 0/2
- Hit a score of 175+ in a 20/20 game - 0/1

warwickshire challange trophy

playing 3 allrounders 1 main bowler ment i was going to relay on 10 overs from parttimers but i could bat down to 9. winning the toss i batted first and the innings revolved around birt hitting 119 with a total of 311-8 :)
some regular wickets ment that by the time i called on my parttimers the run rate was up to about 8 an over with 5 wickets gone, 1 or 2 from the partimers and its all over, taylor picked up 30-2 off 5 overs and france bowled one over and got 2 wickets for 2 runs!
thats my 2nd challenge trophy win, 1 more to go :) :) :)

- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games - 3/4
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games - 2/3

Attachments

• worcestershire county.JPG
    worcestershire county.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 37
  • warwickshire challange.JPG
    warwickshire challange.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 36
Can i still start these challeneges... or can i start my own... coz i am busy with my other ICC 06 story in the Gaming Stories board. But am interested in doing something like this

D'oh! Sheikh kept it tight though, our batting wasn't good, Hunter and Rankin played well at the end though, Welch looked in gret form same with Birt but other than that rubbish.
Positives: Tail wagged Some good bowling
Bad Points:: Everything.
- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games - 1/4
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games - 0/3
- Get a 100 with any batsman in a Challenge Trophy Game - 0/1

derbsvssrivt1.jpg

played 3 matchs so far and havnt made any goals yet lol.ill have to try a bit harder in the next few games :hpraise

This is one easy challenge i have no evidence but ive completed every one if you selected a long batting line up its not that difficult to complete

derbsvsglamorgandz5.jpg

SUCCSES!!!

This was honnestly the best match i have ever played,i looked down and out when they only needed 129 to win with 1 and a half days left but some fantastic bowling kept me in the game,im just so happy! :happy

by the way,does a tie count as a draw or better?

So onto another County Championship game, this time against Northamptonshire at Wantage Road. I won the toss and batted but could only make a disappointing 188 all out, mainly thanks to 54 from Jones batting at 9, after I was previously 122-8.

Then, when bowling I reduced Northants to 40-3, before a fantastic partnership from Sales and Klusener buried me a hole. I eventually bowled them out for 384, thanks to 3 wickets a piece for Dean and Jones.

Then I struggled again when batting, however 54 from Stubbings stopped me getting an innings defeat. Also, there was good support from the tail as no.7-11 all got into double figures.

With them needing 54 to win, they did it comfortably enough for the loss of just two wickets.

So then onto the Challenge Trophy game against Scotland. I tried to bully them out of the game by attacking massively from the start, it worked first of all, as I reached 86-2, however then I collapsed heavily to 129-7, before a good knock from Pipe who made 57 got me up to 202 all out. I had wasted 10 overs of the innings, something I wasn't happy about. Still I knew against Scotland that it was a defendable target.

And so it proved, as I bowled them out for 149. Wagg and Welch both took 3 wickets a piece.

Then to play Worcestershire in the Challenge Trophy at New Road. I lost the toss and bowled first, they got off to a great start with an opening partnership of 108 between Moore and Bucknall. Moore kept up his good form against me, falling just 3 short of a One Day century. However they lost late wickets frequently and so made just 291-8, when they were looking at a score over 300. Dean took 3-45 from 10 overs.

So chasing 292 for victory, it was going to be a massive ask. However I also got off to a good start with a 92 run 1st wicket partnership by Di Venuto and Birt. Birt got out for 43 from 41 balls, while Di Venuto later got out for 78 from 72 deliveries. The RRR was always 5.50-6.00, and when Adnan who played brilliantly for 88 from 95. 42 from Chris Taylor and unbeaten cameo's from Stubbings and Welch got me home by 6 wickets, with 7 balls to spare.

leicestershire county championship

cant be bothered to type to much this time, but this is my 2nd county win of the season, added to 2 draws acheived by holding on during the last day and that makes all 4 of the county game results acheived, with a middle order like this it may be a bit tought trying to get that final score of 450+!
first decent performance from a spinner this season this as well! finally

- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games - 4/4
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games - 2/3

Attachments

• leicestershire county.JPG
    leicestershire county.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 30
Wow 2 ties already, I wasn't expecting a single 1!

And yes a tie does count as a draw or better :)
Also griffo it's so easy prove it and show us :rolleyes:

Can I ask why do people already have boyd rankin and simon cusden and why not ian harvey and simon katich? Im also a bit further ahead so sorry i only spotted this the other day and i was doing it cause they are my team.

- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games - 4/4
- Make 2 scores of 450+ in a County Championship game - 2/2
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games - 3/3
- Win at least 2 20/20 games - 2/2
- Hit a score of 175+ in a 20/20 game - 1/1.

Ill post a few tables instead of complete sets of scorecards if you want me to post the scorecards as evidence do say so

Highlights of My Season So Far...
- Winning the Twenty/20
- Making the Final of the Challenge Trophy which is yet to be played
- 3rd on the County Championship ladder and pushing for promotion
- Beating Sri Lanka in a 3 Day Game
- Winning an Online One Dayer with no form change or any games into the season against a 4-5 year team

Players of the Season So Far...
First Class
MICHAEL DI VENUTO!!! - 1468 runs in 13 games including 1 of his 5 100's against Sri Lanka top score of 198 at a strike rate around 60. 23 catches including 5 in a row to destory the Worcestershire top order. As I type in a one day game against Hampshire he is on 89 or 79 balls

Anthony Botha - 58 wickets at 22.12 in 13 games and with 4 5 wicket hauls and 371 runs at 19.53 with a top score of 73

Di Venuto just reached his hundred of 88 balls, Di Venuto out for 117 off 96 balls as Derbys reaches 294 off 40 overs at a run rate of 7.3 an over

One Day
Graeme Welch - Just as he clean bowls someone on a free hit... The captain has lead by example in One Dayers handy with the bat averaging 39.78 with a top score of 82 (he just took 4 wickets in 2 overs :happy ) and with the ball has taken 31 wickets at 14.94.

Anthony Botha - Has kept the runs down as well as taking 24 wickets at 22.00 also chipping in with an average of 19.25 with the bat

Hasan Adnan - Not brilliant but consistant he has scored 544 runs at 55.40 with a top score of 91 but has a fifty every 2nd game

Weak Spots - Stephen Stubbings has struggled in the opening role with an average of under 30 in both forms of the game, Jamie Pipe has dropped a few clutch catches and hasnt contributed with the bat although he bats at 9 and the 3rd fast bowler/all rounder spot is yet to be filled with Wagg 13 wickets at 43 and Jones 15 wickets at 46 failing horribly Wagg gets the spot because of his handy lower order batting averaging 27

and for some reason i cant post the other images ill have to wait for a response till i do so

edit: lol they did show up

My Order is

Michael Di Venuto
Stephen Stubbings
Hasan Adnan
Travis Birt
Christopher Taylor
Graeme Welch
Anthony Botha
Graeme Wagg
Jamie Pipe
Tom Lungley
Kevin Dean

I recommend to look for a good keeper at the start and to give steffan jones the spot infront of graeme wagg because he can be a good bowler on occasion i just dropped him cause he has no star form and wagg had 4 star. Also Christopher taylor improves as the season goes just let himplay treat him like a youth he averages over 40 with the bat in first class for me

Last edited:
pinchinator said:
trev next time you do a challenage could you make sure that ICC05 users can play as well thanks
Yeh sure mate :)
Just that most people ahve ICC 06 and it's newer, also they both have different fixtures but shall try and make it work :cheers

Perhaps someone else could run a ICC 05 monthly challenge and have them as two seperate tournaments.

derbyshirevsleicestershsa6.jpg

vsworcestershireox3.jpg

Finally got my first positive result vs Worcestershire but had to work hard for it.

- Get results of a draw or better from 4 of the 8 County Championship games - 1/4
- Make 2 scores of 450+ in a County Championship game - 0/2
- Win 3 of the 8 Challenge Trophy games - 0/3
- Get a 100 with any batsman in a Challenge Trophy Game - 0/1
- Hit a score of 175+ in a 20/20 game - 0/1.

Users who are viewing this thread