ICC 2006 Online One-Day Cup (Week 2) (Group Stages)

hamish buddy...... i wud love to join ur tournament and im gonna buy the game soon...... so book a place for me thanks

cric_craze said:
hamish buddy...... i wud love to join ur tournament and im gonna buy the game soon...... so book a place for me thanks

Ok

Everyone, As soon as we get 16 players, Im going try to group everyone so that two opposing members are from around the same location, so that Time difference wont affect when the match is going to be played.

There is going to be:

- an Oceania/Asia Group (6:30pm-10:30pm AEST) AEST = Australian Eastern Standard time

- Asia only (2:00pm-8:30pm IST) IST = Indian Standard Time

- Uk only (3:00pm-9:30pm BST) BST = British Standard Time

- Americas (3:00pm-9:30pm USA) (may need to shift to Oceanic if uneven Americans, PM me about that)

These groups are not going to be definite, as I will shift member for their own convenience. Remember, most matches will be on the weekend.

Against each member will be a bracket with the group you are in, which will have the time bracket (only recommended) in which it will be the best for you to play a match. These groups only apply for the 1st round, and i will try to use the grouping system in later rounds.

Note: If you find you cannot play at the time given, please PM me and I will change your group (school time are taken into account as much as possible, but most matches will be on the weekend)

If you are in the Asian only group, to even things out, I may put you in the Oceania/Asia group

Anyone who doesn't have a group against their name needs to PM me with their location or desired group

If there is only one member from Americas (cric_craze), then I can play against them in the morning (Australian morning)

Last edited:
I have now attached a chart of the knockout tournanment (incomplete and not definite) which is attached to the 1st post.

Note: I have now decided that the games will only be played only on the weekends, as a few members (especially UK players) may need to play in the morning due to the time diiference with their opponent.

Big mistake by me: I have been told that the Team name chosen by you is displayed in the club-room, and not your Username.

My username and team name are both Hamish, so I didnt know the difference.

Anyone who gave their username and not their team name, PM me with their team name

Sorry for all the confusion...

Last edited:
GrayNicolls said:
Hey Hamish. Do we need to post our squads on this thread so we know what we're up against?

No, if u want to you can, but personally, i dont think posting up squads are going to make a difference.

Please remove my name from the list. I think that this is an excellent idea, but I can't play due to time restraints. Thanks for the offer, Hamish. :(

Hamish said:
Ok

Everyone, As soon as we get 16 players, Im going try to group everyone so that two opposing members are from around the same location, so that Time difference wont affect when the match is going to be played.

There is going to be:

- an Oceania/Asia Group (6:30pm-10:30pm AEST) AEST = Australian Eastern Standard time

- Asia only (2:00pm-8:30pm IST) IST = Indian Standard Time

- Uk only (3:00pm-9:30pm BST) BST = British Standard Time

- Americas (3:00pm-9:30pm USA) (may need to shift to Oceanic if uneven Americans, PM me about that)

These groups are not going to be definite, as I will shift member for their own convenience. Remember, most matches will be on the weekend.

Against each member will be a bracket with the group you are in, which will have the time bracket (only recommended) in which it will be the best for you to play a match. These groups only apply for the 1st round, and i will try to use the grouping system in later rounds.

Note: If you find you cannot play at the time given, please PM me and I will change your group (school time are taken into account as much as possible, but most matches will be on the weekend)

If you are in the Asian only group, to even things out, I may put you in the Oceania/Asia group

Anyone who doesn't have a group against their name needs to PM me with their location or desired group

If there is only one member from Americas (cric_craze), then I can play against them in the morning (Australian morning)
Canada counts as America right?

Ok, cric_craze will take skateboarders place.

Note: Games are on the weekend. The time restraints are ONLY for when you are playing someone from the same group. You may have to play in the morning if you are:

- UK vs Oceania/Asia

- Oceania/Asia vs Americas

Remember, it doesnt take long to play a game, and since its on the weekend, hopefully it wont make a difference.

Come on guys, I need 5 more people, otherwise I'm going to have to change the tournament from Knockout to Round-robin...

aus5892 said:
My name needs to be checked then

What do you mean by that? Is your team name different to your username?

(I'm still confused with the different names and which one is displayed in the clubroom... :D)

Important: I'm changing this Cup into a different format, because I dont think anymore people are signing up. Because there is an odd number (11), im taking myself out of the Cup.

There will be two groups (A and B) consisting of 5 teams. These groups are round-robin, and the top 2 teams from each group advance into the next round (Semifinals), and then there is 3rd place playoff and the Final.

I Hope everyone is happy with this change.

Im going to post the groups and Week 1 fixtures next.

Here are week 1 fixtures. Note, there will always 2 teams that will not play a a match in one of the weeks, because there are 5 teams in a group. Groups are in the attached image on this post as well as the 1st post.

Week 1 Fixtures

Saturday 22nd July

Hampshire vs Northamptonshire (8:30pm AEST) (Group A)

Somerset vs Sussex (6:30pm UK) (Group A)

Sunday 23rd July

Lancashire vs Nottinghamshire (11:30am AEST) (Group B)

Surrey vs Warwickshire (6:30pm UK) (Group B)

AEST = Australian Eastern Standard Time

Attachments

• Groups.JPG
    Groups.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
The_gas whats ur team name. Ill see u at 2:30 saturday.

The names that are displayed in the clubrooms is ur team name. For example if my team name is crazyforcricket and my username is cric_craze crazyforcricket is going to be displayed. I hope that helps. We should get everyone to post their team name .

the patch goes to 100% and then says checksum failed pathcing failed.
it after that it doesnt let me go to internet game. so i might not be able to play.

Users who are viewing this thread