ICC All Time Greatest Test Team

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, 4 Indians in the team. It's practically rigged.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sehwag and Sachin deserve to be in the team. And instead of Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, Boycott and Sobers would have been better.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Sehwag is a surprise for me. Should have been Hobbs by far. Murali was neck and neck to Warne. Wallcott could have been a better option to Gilchrist and so was Sobers over Kapil.

Marshall and Sydney are definitely missing the line-up.

Walcott as a keeper?? He didn't even keep in 1/2 his Test matches. Undoubtedly a great batsman, but I couldn't support having a part time keeper in an all-time XI as you generally wouldn't need that extra batting, and it's kinda an insult to the pro glovemen out there :p

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Sehwag and Sachin deserve to be in the team. And instead of Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, Boycott and Sobers would have been better.

Sorry no. I know you're Sehwag's biggest fan but he absolutely does not deserve to be there. From Indians, only Sachin and Gavaskar do. There are far superior players including Sutcliffe, Hobbs and Hutton. Also, Boycott in an all time XI? More importantly, you say Sehwag deserves to be there but Gavaskar doesn't. I am speechless.

edit: my bad, i meant to say that Gavaskar deserved to be there too.

Last edited:

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry no. I know you're Sehwag's biggest fan but he absolutely does not deserve to be there. From Indians, only Sachin does. There are far superior players including Sutcliffe, Hobbs and Hutton. Also, Boycott in an all time XI? More importantly, you say Sehwag deserves to be there but Gavaskar doesn't. I am speechless.
Opinions may differ. In my opinion, Sehwag and Boycott would have been ideal.
And Sobers not in the team is a shame tbh.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Walcott as a keeper?? He didn't even keep in 1/2 his Test matches. Undoubtedly a great batsman, but I couldn't support having a part time keeper in an all-time XI as you generally wouldn't need that extra batting, and it's kinda an insult to the pro glovemen out there :p

Well, I didn't knew he was a part-time keeper. I checked his profile on cricinfo and it says Playing role as "Wicket-keeper". In that case, I'd like to have Gilly in who is rightly in but other pickings mentioned by me should have been there. I hope you would agree with that.

Aussie Team

Panel of Selectors
Here's my Alltime XI

1. Leonard Hutton
2. Herbert Suttcliffe
3. Don Bradman
4. Everton Weekes
5. Garfield Sobers
6. Jacques Kallis
7. Alec Stewart
8. Joel Garner
9. Alan Davidson
10. Fred Trueman
11. Sydney Barnes

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sehwag in the All Time Greatest Test XI is a joke. He just cant be there ahead of even Matthew Hayden who has been a far bigger and more destructive opener in test cricket. And there have been other greats in the past who are a lot more better than Sehwag when it comes to opening in tests.

Imran and Sobers would have easily beaten Kapil Dev to that team. Only Sachin and Gavaskar deserve their spots among the Indians picked in the XI.

Fenil

Here's my Alltime XI

1. Leonard Hutton
2. Herbert Suttcliffe
3. Don Bradman
4. Everton Weekes
5. Garfield Sobers
6. Jacques Kallis

7. Alec Stewart
8. Joel Garner
9. Alan Davidson
10. Fred Trueman
11. Sydney Barnes

You can select only one allrounder according to the rules.

Fenil

He's not in the list. There are way better bowlers who have played the game.

Users who are viewing this thread