10 Greatest Test Spin Bowlers of all time (Multple Selection Options Available)

^ I am really sorry, but a list without Kumble, Mushtaq, Qadir, Bedi, Chandra Sekhar etc makes no sense at all. Ridiculous list! You have not included a single Asian! Why?

No worries. He actually chose his Eleven from distant past.

He cannot be disputed if he has chosen 10 greatest of the distant past.

Also as a reader he has every right to choose whatever he wants. He is entitled to that. Whether it makes sense or senseless, fair or unfair is a different story.

We will have multiple options for everyone. Don't get upset. I will come with that with an announcement later today or tomorrow. That will make everyone happy.

Hope this helps.

Well spinners are major production of subcontinental countries and it will be poor not to appreciate them.

My list included the legendary spinners of cricket's formulating periods, who are truly great for having defined the true art of spinning and actually creating the many colourful shades of spin we know today. We are truly indebted to them for having paved the way forward with their innovative thinking and brilliant mastery with the ball, without whom we would never have seen any advancement in the progress of spinning throughout the years. Many had played within highly tumultuous and difficult periods, including the World Wars, and had struggled against numerous adverse conditions, putting spin on pitches which had always been furnished for fast bowling, so unlike the multitude of pre-designed spin-friendly pitches today. Therefore, in terms of influence, intuition and impact, no one else comes close to them or reach the heights that they have scaled, which we can truly term as having been "great" -- nothing else can truly be termed as such.

^ I still don't get why Qadir, Mushtaq, Bedi, Chandra Sekhar, Warne, Murali and Kumble didn't get a mention. When Bedi and CS played, the Indian team was like the Bangladesh side of today. And BCCI was one of the poorest boards of the world. There was no media coverage, no nothing. They had to face and overcome gigantic obstacles. Still look at their achievements! When Kumble first started his career he sort of got washed away with criticisms that his ball doesn't "spin" much, he is a below average spinner- and all these things. Still, see...., this is called legend! And coming to Qadir and Mushtaq, Qadir paved the way for the development of googly, and Mushtaq was the inventor of "teesra". This is your logic, right?

My list included the legendary spinners of cricket's formulating periods, who are truly great for having defined the true art of spinning and actually creating the many colourful shades of spin we know today. We are truly indebted to them for having paved the way forward with their innovative thinking and brilliant mastery with the ball, without whom we would never have seen any advancement in the progress of spinning throughout the years. Many had played within highly tumultuous and difficult periods, including the World Wars, and had struggled against numerous adverse conditions

So, how can you exclude them? And Murali and Warne...., I don't think I need to say anything.

Like I said, even though the players you mentioned are famous or might be noted today in some way or another, fame and greatness are two separate things. They pale in comparison to the likes of Clarrie Grimmett, Bill O'Reilly, Hedley Verity, Wilfred Rhodes and Johnny Wardle, and the influence that these legendary players have had on how spinning has developed and the truly great level of impact these figures have had on on the game. They played on pitches that weren't spinning friendly in an era when such pitches weren't even heard of, whereas many of the names you mentioned gained their successes on pitches primarily designed for spin bowling -- a look at Anil Kumble's (one of the names you mentioned) strike rate on non-Indian pitches might reveal a telling tale, just to give one example. Any cricketing historian or person knowledgeable in cricket history would testify to the amazing influence these legendary figures have had on the game: if it weren't for their innovations and achievements, you would not have these players today. One not knowing their achievements simply shows their ignorance on the matter and of cricket's evolutionary development throughout the years.

Last edited:
Nathan Huritz is even not 10% of any legendary spinner:D

Users who are viewing this thread