10 Most Elegant Batsmen of all time (Check New - Reader's Choice Category)

Dear Majid Khan was really one of the most elegant batsman.

Absolutely. Of course, Trumper should be there. He was some cricketer! And his technique? Amazing. One of my fav cricketers from the early 20th century.

King Cricket added 2 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Robin has made some strange picks there. Kanhai, Majid Khan- what are these guys doing up there?

King Cricket added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

You have "seen" Sir Frank play? :p

No. Just pictures

In no particular order:

Victor Trumper
Barry Richards
VVS Laxman
Mahela Jayawardene
Sachin Tendulkar
Ian Bell
David Gower
Tom Graveney
Greg Chappell
Frank Worrell

Ian Bell. He might be elegant but he isn't anywhere near the top 10.

Special Reader?s Choice Category

Special Reader?s Choice Category

I have included a special reader?s choice category where a quality elegant batsman that cannot be accommodated presently within my 10 will be included and the reader?s name in bracket will also appear to acknowledge a quality contribution. Later on when we have a sizeable number it will be accommodated per quality basis in my original 10.

Please check my original post to validate your inputs and acknowledgement.

Fair enough!

Probably bias on my behalf, but I've seen alot of Ian Bell, and he is definitely one of the most elegant batsmen I've seen live. He's got all the shots in the book, a glorious cover drive, he's excellent all-round the wicket and he's got no glaring technical flaws whatsoever. Easily the most elegant batsman in England atm, and I think he's probably better to watch than anyone else in England when he's on form. Like Michael Vaughan but even prettier to watch.

Point taken - Added to Special Reader?s Choice Category

Ian Bell. He might be elegant but he isn't anywhere near the top 10.

Point taken - Added to Special Reader?s Choice Category.

Please check original post for Special Reader?s Choice Category.

Damien Martyn. So beautiful was his timing that you could spot him just defending the ball through point for 4. In spite of his reputable array of offside strokes, he was substantially more bulletproof through the onside and one of the least bowled batsmen ever.

Probably bias on my behalf, but I've seen alot of Ian Bell, and he is definitely one of the most elegant batsmen I've seen live. He's got all the shots in the book, a glorious cover drive, he's excellent all-round the wicket and he's got no glaring technical flaws whatsoever. Easily the most elegant batsman in England atm, and I think he's probably better to watch than anyone else in England when he's on form. Like Michael Vaughan but even prettier to watch.

Please check original post for Special Reader?s Choice Category

Definitely Damien Martyn. Absolutely awesome to watch when it form. It just looked perfect.

Dear javed Miandad should be their in the list.

1. Mark Waugh
2. Sir Donald Bradman
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Sir Viv Richards
5. Victor Trumper
6. Sunil Gavaskar
7. Greg Chappell
8. Zaheer Abbas
9. Javed Miandad
10. Sir Jack Hobbs

In no particular order.
And another thing, I think I've missed quite a few, this list might be incomplete.

Users who are viewing this thread