10 Most Destructive Batsmen of Alltime

Point taken - Kevin Pietersen added to Special Reader?s Choice Category.

Kevin Pietersen

Point taken - Kevin Pietersen added to Special Reader?s Choice Category.

Please check original post for Special Reader?s Choice Category.

robin2855 added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Matthew Hayden
Sir Don Bradman
Adam Gilchrist
Sir Vivian Richards
Kevin Pietersen
Barry Richards
Victor Trumper
Sir Garfield Sobers
Wally Hammond
WG Grace

Point taken - Victor Trumper added to Special Reader?s Choice Category.

robin2855 added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Inzmam should be their mate.

Point taken : Inzamam?ul?Haq added to Special Reader?s Choice Category.

robin2855 added 2 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Yeah ;)

A Gilchrist
V Sehwag
S Afridi
H Gibbs
Y Pathan
KP

Point taken - Herschelle Gibbs added to Special Reader?s Choice Category.

robin2855 added 24 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Is that your top 10, robin? I don't know how Gilchrist is 10th. He'd be 2nd or 3rd at the very least.

Don't worry about the placement. They are all good.

Like yourself I am a huge fan of Gilchrist. He is unbelievable.

Since we are still seeing Gilly in action with his enormous power,skills and incredible shots it is human nature to forget the past greats. That is understandable.

What I suggest is that if you see some Video Clips/ Highlights of Past Greats - of the ones you have apprehensions on Utube I am sure you will be able to see from a broader perspective.

So a couple of helpful hints:

Type in google the cricketers you want to verify .Typically famous players have a link from google to utube. If not type the player's name in utube search you will most likely find some Video Clips /Highlights.

Instinctivley it hurts when you see your favorite player not in the position you want. That is understandable. But in the light of what I have mentioned you will be able to see from a broader perspective and make more accurate and fair comparisons.

Hope this helps.

Case of Misbah and Imran Nazeer

They are even better:p

Why would you say Misbah and Imran Nazeer better than Inzi and Afridi?

If you can prove it I will accept. If not their status remains the same.

Your arguments must be supported by solid facts.

Remember we are considering the very best of the world.

The head must rule the heart and not the other way(LOL!)

BTW nothing personal .Having said that I have to be as fair and accurate as possible.

Let's hear some fireworks from you.

Dear Nazir is been sensational any where he has played and Misbah little lazy but really can score cheeky boundaries.Nazir for sure is one of the all time destructive batman.

Imran Nazir should also be their.

Nazir? Top 10!! WTF!

Anyway,

My Top 10

1. Matthew Hayden
2. Victor Trumper
3. Adam Gilchrist
4. Sir Vivian Richards
5. Sir Gary Sobers
6. Barry Richards
7. Brian Lara
8. Sachin Tendulkar
9. Kevin Pietersen
10. Sanath Jayasuriya

In no particular order.

Matthew Hayden
Sir Don Bradman
Adam Gilchrist
Sir Vivian Richards
Kevin Pietersen
Barry Richards
Victor Trumper
Sir Garfield Sobers
Wally Hammond
WG Grace

A list without Jayasuriya, Lara, and Sachin?

Bradman averaged 99 in Test cricket and scored almost 7000 runs in 52 Tests, if that's not destroying bowling attacks then I don't know what is. As for Grace, he was an entertainer. It's thought that unlike Trumper who was known for his style, Grace was more of a power player, he definitely used to destroy bowling attacks. I think you're confusing destructive with slogging. I consider someone like Bradman who averaged almost 100 in Test cricket far more destructive than a bloke that can come in for 10 overs and slog a 50.

Now, that's strange. I'm pretty sure I typed Sir Don's name. How did it get deleted?

Anyway, yeah, right. Missed Hammond.

1. Sir Donald Bradman
2. Victor Trumper
3. Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden
4. Sir Vivian Richards
5. Sir Gary Sobers
6. Barry Richards
7. Brian Lara
8. Sachin Tendulkar
9. Kevin Pietersen, Wally Hammond
10. Sanath Jayasuriya

Can't agree with you on Grace. The most destructive batsman in his era maybe, but alltime?

For the record, Lara would get onto my list at number 11, couldn't quite squeeze him into my Top 10. Definitely deserves to be mentioned though, I just fancied going old school with Trumper, Bradman, Hammond and Grace.

Bradman averaged 99 in Test cricket and scored almost 7000 runs in 52 Tests, if that's not destroying bowling attacks then I don't know what is. As for Grace, he was an entertainer. It's thought that unlike Trumper who was known for his style, Grace was more of a power player, he definitely used to destroy bowling attacks. I think you're confusing destructive with slogging. I consider someone like Bradman who averaged almost 100 in Test cricket far more destructive than a bloke that can come in for 10 overs and slog a 50.

There can be no questions about Sir Don. A class apart from everybody.
BTW, your list is missing Sachin and Lara. Grace was a destructive batsman of his era, no doubt, but when it comes to alltime lists, including him and omitting Lara and Sachin...?

King Cricket added 4 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

For the record, Lara would get onto my list at number 11, couldn't quite squeeze him into my Top 10.

What about Sachin and Sanath?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread