ICC Champions Trophy 2009: Favourites and Underdogs.

P

pcfan123

SA the favorites and PAK and AUS the underdogs for me, I can easily see AUS winning all their games in convincing fashion, something most people do not think they will do.

Pakistan , well we all know how they play, safe to call them underdogs in every tournament, you never know until they show up at the ground.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India - Can do Wonders
Pakistan - Dark Horse
England - Under Dogs
Australia - Have a Great Chance
South Africa - Over Hyped
New Zealand - Under rated
Sri Lanka - The Most Balanced Side, but might fail this time
West Indies - :laugh

My Prediction: Australia will win the ICC Champions Trophy.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If anything it's the Indian one day team at the moment that is over-hyped. Their bowling just doesn't look anywhere good enough. You can't rely on the batting in every single game.

As for the most balanced team, well that's easy. It's South Africa.

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
It'll be a harsh reality check for Aus

SA shall choke and Sri Lanka shall taketh the bread

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
Brief summary of the teams:-

Australia - are the reigning champions and are in top form after the drubbing of England.

England - are in poor form and have an uphill task of advancing to the next round.

India - are having a very poor bowling attack which could prove dearly if their batsmen do not put up good totals.

New Zealand - are having a very inexperienced batting line-up and would bank on their bowlers to win games for them.

Pakistan - are a very unpredictable side and are placed in a tough group.They have a balanced team but their fielding has to be at the top level if they are to win anything.

South Africa - are the best team in cricket atm, they have plenty of all-rounders which will prove very beneficial.They will hope to break their jinx at semi-finals.

Sri Lanka - are a very balanced team but their middle order is a bit of a concern.

West Indies - are very inexperienced but will want to give the opposing teams a run for their money.

Prediction:-South Africa will win the trophy.

Last edited:

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
My prediction:

Winner - Pakistan
Runners up - Australia
Man of the tournament - Umar Akmal

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Count India and West Indies out for sure now.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India are underdogs from now on. They would have been favorites with a full team but it without 3 impact players in Sehwag, Zaheer and Yuvraj not being there, I`d put them as underdogs.

Brook

Club Captain
As for the most balanced team, well that's easy. It's South Africa.

True in some ways, but they don't really have a great spinner, nor do they seem too effective against spin.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
i don;t think there's too much wrong with sri lanka's middle order, mathews and kandamby/kapu are not that bad down at 6 and 7.

it's there tail and finishing that's suspect. the six hitters are all at the top of the order and they play 4 pretty useless batsman as bowlers. most teams play a second spinner that can bat a bit but mendis and murali are total bunnies.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I think an aussie pakistan final is on the cards. I've been looking at the fixture list and Pakistan play australia and india at centurion.

the way it's playing you would fancy them to bog down the middle overs a lot there, and those are the two big games, which if they won would mean they'd finish top of that group and guess where the top team of group A plays it's semi? centurion.

Sri Lanka and Australia I'd imagine will be in the other semi final and at the wanderers I think australia might edge it.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan won't beat Australia.

Dong

Club Cricketer
I think an aussie pakistan final is on the cards. I've been looking at the fixture list and Pakistan play australia and india at centurion.

the way it's playing you would fancy them to bog down the middle overs a lot there, and those are the two big games, which if they won would mean they'd finish top of that group and guess where the top team of group A plays it's semi? centurion.

Sri Lanka and Australia I'd imagine will be in the other semi final and at the wanderers I think australia might edge it.

Mate u forgot one thing Australia never played against MENDIS in an ODI:banana2

Users who are viewing this thread