Group A (Australia, India, Pakistan, WI)

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
England might have done well in those 2 games, but Pakistan have done far better than them (the way they played against India is proof enough). They had a sticky outing against WI due to the conditions and pitch. Pakistan are in better form than England and I can easily count on Pakistan beating England in a very convincing fashion. Pakistan and Younis Khan would definitely know that.

What I said was what I felt. The PCB have been having issues in recent times with the Indian board and with both being from the subcontinent, the result on the field could possibly be an indicator of the pride that the respective board carries. So I felt that the PCB wouldnt want to let the BCCI feel better by letting India a path to the semifinal. Again, its my guesswork based on what I have infered about the personality of the people from the PCB going by news and their interview bytes. Younis Khan might want to face an easier opposition but he could receive orders to not let India in.

I never said you guys hate India. But your board could be jealous of our 'financial power status' in recent times and the IPL frenzy that happens every year.
I'm sure every country is jealous of the financial power status that the BCCI enjoys; who wouldn't be?

Secondly, the greatest response to the IPL was Pakistan winning the T20 WC; that was just a slap on Lalit Modi's face. The greatest way to fight would be to win another huge tournament, such as this one. Only then, can Pakistan devalue the IPL and the Champions League (if that is what they want) because how is it a Champions League without well... the champions. The IPL without any players from the team that won the T20 WC? That just isn't feasable in my opinion.

Younus Khan usually doesn't listen to the PCB; he has his own opinions and makes them heard.

Although if we don't want to let India in, let's just beat Australia by 1 run :p

Then we top the table, play New Zealand or Sri Lanka at Centurion, and India gets knocked out.

Win-win situation (by your theory anyway :p)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I don't think Modi would really care that Pakistan won the IPL. I don't know what the basis of his decision was, but he didn't want Pakistani players playing in an Indian tournament simply because of the climate at that point in time. Again, that's just my view. They'll probably be back in the future, Pakistan has some exciting players. Didn't you hear the Kolkata crowds roar when Shoaib took that 4fer in the 1st edition? Or whenever Afridi walked out for DC?

I think the IPL and Champions League are good, fun cricket tournaments to watch. Something different from supporting the same team, being nationalistic, and having a huge burden on every game since you're representing your country. And of course, it brings talent to the forefront.

I think Pakistan have a good team and are favorites to win it from here. I still think though, that if Gambhir had pressed on, we would've chased down that score with no trouble at all.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
They would also not be happy with the financial power status of India and all the attention that the IPL and its type are getting. So this will be a game that the anti-corruption officials need to give some serious watching because it could happen.

Please tell me you are joking :confused:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I don't think Modi would really care that Pakistan won the IPL. I don't know what the basis of his decision was, but he didn't want Pakistani players playing in an Indian tournament simply because of the climate at that point in time. Again, that's just my view. They'll probably be back in the future, Pakistan has some exciting players. Didn't you hear the Kolkata crowds roar when Shoaib took that 4fer in the 1st edition? Or whenever Afridi walked out for DC?

I think the IPL and Champions League are good, fun cricket tournaments to watch. Something different from supporting the same team, being nationalistic, and having a huge burden on every game since you're representing your country. And of course, it brings talent to the forefront.

I think Pakistan have a good team and are favorites to win it from here. I still think though, that if Gambhir had pressed on, we would've chased down that score with no trouble at all.
If Nazir didn't play that pull shot and Kamran's inside edge went past the stumps and the keeper for 4...

We were looking at 360-370 :p

Although Gambhir looked very threatening, I was extremely scared - and Suresh Raina.

Cricketman, a Pakistan team was not invited to the Champions League either, which takes place soon. Surely the country that just recently won the T20 WC should be invited at the very least (and then leave it to the governments to decide - I don't see Pakistan having too much of a problem with it since the team wouldn't represent Pakistan)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well if that is your outlook on World cricket, I feel very sorry for you :noway Not everything revolves around India :sarcasm

I never meant that. It was between India and Pakistan. The word 'everything' doesnt fit. Anyways, I am still hoping that Pakistan can help us get through by beating Australia decently well (even a 20 run win might suffice since it would give us some hope of pulling it off against WI). Even though WI might have surprised people in this tournament, they cant withstand an Indian team thats hell bent on sneaking through the door to the next stage. We play like tigers in such situations. I have hope!

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan should win agaisnt Oz and enter the semi's with confidence, they should win.

Nothing favor for us now ;)

vickyrox

Club Captain
India is all but screwed
Hoping that pakistan can produce some magic tomorrow
Have high hopes from Imran Nazir
Has anyone seen that ICL final where he scores 100 of 30 somethin balls!!!!!!!!
GO PAKISTAN!
;)Atleast for india

vickyrox

Club Captain
^^
Chetan We are indians.............
DOnt loose hope is the moral of the story!

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just hope Windies wins the toss and elect to bat first ;) that it, all set and done rthen for India :p

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I just hope Windies wins the toss and elect to bat first ;) that it, all set and done rthen for India :p

Not necessarily my friend. If the Windies score 200 runs batting first, we have to chase it down in 40 overs or less. That is quite gettable.

vickyrox

Club Captain
Avroneel!!Dude
tumarke erom marbo aami!!!!(WC will understand it)
Stop supportin Aussies!

ekfaysal

School Cricketer
well it will be the first time indians gonna pray for pakistani win over ausies. loll.

Users who are viewing this thread