Group B (England, NZ, SA, Sri Lanka)

P

pcfan123

diaskasun added 4 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

oh come on dutched my man!!! dont forget, you have to take KP factor in to account and i feel pitches will favor england with their fast man!!

KP is not playing, he is out until the tour to SA.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
SA are known for choking so the other sides might have a chance. NZ have a good bowling attack but their batting is very brittle. They have capable players but they are so inconsistent. SL batting is coming along nicely, the bowling took a hit in the Final but the Mendis mystery will still be there for the teams in this group.

We only choke in knock out rounds so South Africa should go through, especially considering that it's at home.
Sri Lanka have looked good this year and unless they play on a green pitch, they should be too strong for NZ and England.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We only choke in knock out rounds so South Africa should go through, especially considering that it's at home.
Sri Lanka have looked good this year and unless they play on a green pitch, they should be too strong for NZ and England.

03 World Cup ;) This will be a good chance for you guys to avenge that shocker though.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I would expect SA to wander through this group, they should kill england and NZ and have too much quality for sri lanka.

they are in danger of "choking" though, I think the other group is much stronger and wouldn't be surprised if it supplied both finalists.

D

Dutch

With England's only reflection on the misery of this present ODI series being the perennial "We just weren't good enough" from Monsieur Strauss I am seriously wondering whether we will even come close to winning a game! :(

I just hate that statement. It is the younger brother of "We have to take positives from this game and come back strongly and prove our character in the next game."

What does that actually mean? I just switch off now when our captain starts talking like this. It seems like the English are brilliant at this. Whenever I hear other captains they seem to have actually some kind of plan.

I yearn for the day when someone goes "we were cr*p and to be honest we have know idea what to do about it and are cr*pping ourselves about the next game!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
I think New Zealand should focus on beating Domestic teams first.

irottev

School Cricketer
I think New Zealand should focus on beating Domestic teams first.

I think New Zealand would beat domestic teams if we took them more seriously and played our best side. I'm not sure why we didn't but i'm not impressed.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Change batting order - CroweCricket - News - Yahoo!Xtra Sport

Didn't know where to put this.

Crowe says the first change he would make would be to drop Brendon McCullum back down the order to either six or seven. He says McCullum struggles to setup an innings, and he has struggled for a while now.

Martin Crowe says Martin Guptill should be promoted to open with Jesse Ryder, with Ross Taylor at three and Neil Broom at four.

I've been saying this for a good two months now, Broom should be batting at four.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Yeah, McCullum should be batting at no.7 .

With his big hitting and all, he would be a really good finisher.

Last edited:

Ari

International Cricketer
Yea hes had his chance at the top. But he should still be batting ahead of Oram so I would have him at 6.

1: Ryder
2: Guptill
3: Taylor
4: Broom
5: Eliott
6: McCullum
7: Oram

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Kiwis have all the right tools but don't know why they don't click. Good batting, good fielding, all rounders, best spinner in world game and now even Tuffey and Bond are back along with Butler.

:doh

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Kiwis have all the right tools but don't know why they don't click. Good batting, good fielding, all rounders, best spinner in world game and now even Tuffey and Bond are back along with Butler.

:doh

Couldn't agree more. Our problem is that we don't have many good options to fall back on when players are out of form. If we had 2-3 more good batsmen (Quality batsmen) that could come in when the likes of Taylor, Ryder are out of form we would be a lot more consistant.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
He brings up a really good point though. McCullum averages 24 this year compared to Guptill's 47. McCullum just has no idea at the moment and our team would probably look a lot better with him and Oram down the order together (Like the good ol days).

Has Crowe ever been a selector btw?

Users who are viewing this thread