Group B (England, NZ, SA, Sri Lanka)

Ari

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
As much as I like Crowe I never want to see him as a selector or any role of power you can hear the way he speaks in commentary that when things arn't going well for us he wants heads to roll quickly.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
As much as I like Crowe I never want to see him as a selector or any role of power you can hear the way he speaks in commentary that when things arn't going well for us he wants heads to roll quickly.

It might balance out our current lot who don't even know what the word drop is.

Ari

International Cricketer
It might balance out our current lot who don't even know what the word drop is.

On second thought if it gets Oram dropped I am all for it. He seriously needs to step up hes like two years over due if he can't do it now hes got to go they can't keep him.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
On second thought if it gets Oram dropped I am all for it. He seriously needs to step up hes like two years over due if he can't do it now hes got to go they can't keep him.

Get Simon Doull on the selection panel, Oram would be gone as soon as.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I still think you give guys like McCullum a chance to shine when it matters.

his form is not encouraging but who gives a toss about the endless meaningless series' if you can step it up on a bigger stage. (I know some people see this trophy as meaningless but I think given it's all 8 best teams playing each other it would be an impressive thing to win)

Ari

International Cricketer
Oram injured again.:facepalm

Butler is sick as well.

Was listening to radio sport and Miles Davis summed it up best. "Yea we are going to miss Oram and his 7 runs"

Wonder if they will go with Diamanti now. Franklin would be ideal but we have useless selectors.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
Butler is sick as well.

Was listening to radio sport and Miles Davis summed it up best. "Yea we are going to miss Oram and his 7 runs"

Wonder if they will go with Diamanti now. Franklin would be ideal but we have useless selectors.

Exactly.Where is Franklin at the moment? Is he Injured? He should've been in the team from the beginning.He bowls a lot better than Oram and is a more reliable batsman than him.

Ari

International Cricketer
Exactly.Where is Franklin at the moment? Is he Injured? He should've been in the team from the beginning.He bowls a lot better than Oram and is a more reliable batsman than him.

He just wasn't picked hes been over in England playing county cricket for Gloucestershire scoring lots of runs and taking wickets just like he did for Wellington. He got 5 wickets against Kent last night.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
He just wasn't picked hes been over in England playing county cricket for Gloucestershire scoring lots of runs and taking wickets just like he did for Wellington. He got 5 wickets against Kent last night.

He just wasn't picked??why??what's wrong with the selectors over there in NZ? Franklin has more international experience than most of the members in the NZ squad.IIRC his last ODI was the semi-final of the 07 world cup.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
England are becoming a new threat, for the rest of the teams in this group.

Can't see them beating SA,ut they have 50/50 chance against NZ.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SA will have tonnes of pressure on them to win, if they don't it will be yet another choke. SL could also depart if the pitch is similar to the one last night although the Kiwis are so inconsistent that its hard to know if they will take advantage of it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Wow - I am amazed England not only won, but won so comfortably! At one point, they actually had Sri Lanka 17/4, which is a big change from how they were playing against the Aussies. Let's see if they can keep it up (consistency has been a problem for the ODI England team for some time now.) I reckon we've got a good chance of beating NZ, but I don't see us beating SA. Then again, today's result wasn't on my radar either...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
SL vs NZ will be crucial. SL needs to win it, and win it big. If they lose, they will most probably be out. Even if they win, lot depend on the other results and invariably, net run rate is going to come into play for this group.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
SL vs NZ will be crucial. SL needs to win it, and win it big. If they lose, they will most probably be out. Even if they win, lot depend on the other results and invariably, net run rate is going to come into play for this group.

How is England's net runrate?

Users who are viewing this thread