PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
My personal suggestion is to have 2 groups just like world cup format. If there are 4 groups with 3 teams each, the weaker team gets to play only 2 matches and they are out. If there are 2 groups that means weaker team gets a chance to play more matches which increases their chance of getting at least 1-2 wins. I think I am alright with 50 overs match to get a feel of world cup since we are playing with International teams and playing tour matches has generated a good interest for the world cup :thumbs

P.S.: Mine is one of the weakest team (as a player) hence this suggestion :yes

I agree with all the things you said. I personally dont mind playing 50 Overs too. But what I have seen in various Test/ODI/T20 matches are once a strong team bat for 50 (ODI) / 20 (T20) Overs and put up a good score, if the opposition team lose 4/5 Wickets withing 1st 03/04 overs, they tend to throw in the towel and it become a chore for them to bowl again for 50 Overs in their next match. With a Match divided in 4 Innings, a player is not out of the match till the 4th Innings and he will have same level of enthusiasm towards completing the match in a competitive way, rather than gifting his wickets to his opponent when he has no chance of making a come back. My thinking process is to keep the matches alive and competitive till the very last rather than taking a meaningless victory by over 250 Runs, when the opponent is gifting me wickets as he is not taking a match seriously because of the lack of motivation.

Edit: Also it saves you the boredom of bowling 50 Overs in a stretch, or concentrating hard for 300 balls in a stretch.

looking at the players and their abilities here it will just be a problem of first round
coz most probably in qf and beyond most of good players will be there
and its not easy to bat out full 50 overs against them
also 50 overs gives u time to build innings and 10 overs will be just slogfest

although playing another series like quadrangular or triangular with the rules you said will be quite interesting
but for WC i would still prefer 50 overs

looking at the players and their abilities here it will just be a problem of first round
coz most probably in qf and beyond most of good players will be there
and its not easy to bat out full 50 overs against them
also 50 overs gives u time to build innings and 10 overs will be just slogfest

although playing another series like quadrangular or triangular with the rules you said will be quite interesting
but for WC i would still prefer 50 overs

It would be great if every participating managers put their views here like you did. Its good to know the commitment level of most of the regular managers. On 2nd thought, as we all mostly know each other well, the problem I raised should not be an issue atleast for this Tournament. If 50% of the Managers were new, then I would not have taken risk of playing 50 Over Matches with them.[DOUBLEPOST=1409821151][/DOUBLEPOST]@rishabh96 Buddy please edit the 1st post with Updated Team/Manager list.

It would be great if every participating managers put their views here like you did. Its good to know the commitment level of most of the regular managers. On 2nd thought, as we all mostly know each other well, the problem I raised should not be an issue atleast for this Tournament. If 50% of the Managers were new, then I would not have taken risk of playing 50 Over Matches with them.[DOUBLEPOST=1409821151][/DOUBLEPOST]@rishabh96 Buddy please edit the 1st post with Updated Team/Manager list.

I was about to post the same. Need to see the teams as per new managers :spy

First post updated
Added myself in reserves.
Kenya still looking for manager but @francisjery still there.[DOUBLEPOST=1409822686][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I am planning to use real World Cup format ie. 2 groups and then knockouts.

If we get 16 teams then I prefer T20 World Cup format ie. 4 groups then top 2 teams qualifying from each group and then they will be devided in 2 groups and then semis and finale.

If it was a T20 world cup I would have participated too. I would have gone for a Bangladesh as Amin has withdrawn from the League. I have withdrawn form the series as it is a longer format and I wont have enough time to play. I agree with Kushari suggestions of having four groups. Few managers feel really bored to keep on bowling more than 20 or 25 overs and when they come to bat, they would have completely lost the enthusiasm towards the game. As @rishabh96 has mentioned in one of his posts that if the team batting first batting for more than 30 overs and the team batting second will get frustrated and get out sooner.

This is just my point of view as I am not playing the World Cup anymore.

Last edited:
My thought would ideally be 4 groups of 4 however not sure how many players we have?[DOUBLEPOST=1409845100][/DOUBLEPOST]@Solomon think I just have you left to play now in the commonwealth bank series mate? When are you available?

New Zealand vs Australia
Australia - 126/10 - 16.3 overs
New Zealand - 128/4 - 10.4 overs

Last edited:
See this is your league. 50 over is a game changing format. You might be losing but you can recover and frustrate your opponent by playing long innings. Even it boils things for example @chaman82 losing against @bnvr410 which I find shocking but still great effort.

Still guys let me know which format you want. I have decided to go on with 12 managers and planning to announce the groups. Here are the possible formats:
1) 2 Groups having 6 teams each. Top 4 teams will qualify for Knockouts.
2) 4 Groups having 3 teams each. Each team will face other team twice. Top 2 teams will qualify for Quarter Finals. In QFs, 2 new groups will be there which will have 4 teams each and then Top 2 teams from each group will qualify for Semis.
3) 1 Group having all 12 teams. Top 4 teams will qualify for Playoffs.
4) 3 Groups having 4 teams each. Top 2 teams will qualify for Super Six. Top 4 teams from Super Six will qualify for Semis.
5) Any other (specify please)

Let me know which option is suitable so that I can announce the groups.

Here are the teams:
Afghanistan - @bvnr410 (PSN: bvnr)
Australia - @Cricz25 (PSN: AARU140814)
Bangladesh - @rishabh96 (PSN: rishabhtandon96)
England - @lonewolf5646 (PSN: lonewolf5646)
India - @VinitPhilip (PSN: Vinitphilip)
Ireland - @Ishaan k (PSN: kukricommando)
Kenya - @francisjery (PSN: francisjery) (Not part of World Cup)
Netherlands - @SamP (PSN ID: Ask via PM)
New Zealand - @Solomon (PSN: solo_1811)
Pakistan - @RIZZYX (PSN: xx-1mr4n-xx)
South Africa - @Acid Burn (PSN: SpringbokGamer)
Sri Lanka - @chaman82 (PSN: chamanchindi82)
West Indies - @kushari (PSN: ujjwal8281)

Reserves:
1) @arjwiz

Guys please tell me which format of World Cup you want? I don't prefer T20 though. We can slightly change the format of World Cup if majority says. Let me know in 1 day please.

NO ZIMBABWE IN ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP

10609545_1084477151634895_591823878210037002_n.jpg

Zimbabwe who are famous for creating upsets will be missing from this year's World Cup due to financial crisis. It will be a big blow and big shame for the team and fans as they won't part of World Cup after long time. "This is the blackest day in my career. When your nation is not part of World Cup then you get to know how cruel life is. " said by Zimbabwean Captain Brendan Taylor.

See this is your league. 50 over is a game changing format. You might be losing but you can recover and frustrate your opponent by playing long innings. Even it boils things for example @chaman82 losing against @bnvr410 which I find shocking but still great effort.

Still guys let me know which format you want. I have decided to go on with 12 managers and planning to announce the groups. Here are the possible formats:

Let me know which option is suitable so that I can announce the groups.

Here are the teams:
Afghanistan - @bvnr410 (PSN: bvnr)
Australia - @Cricz25 (PSN: AARU140814)
Bangladesh - @rishabh96 (PSN: rishabhtandon96)
England - @lonewolf5646 (PSN: lonewolf5646)
India - @VinitPhilip (PSN: Vinitphilip)
Ireland - @Ishaan k (PSN: kukricommando)
Kenya - @francisjery (PSN: francisjery) (Not part of World Cup)
Netherlands - @SamP (PSN ID: Ask via PM)
New Zealand - @Solomon (PSN: solo_1811)
Pakistan - @RIZZYX (PSN: xx-1mr4n-xx)
South Africa - @Acid Burn (PSN: SpringbokGamer)
Sri Lanka - @chaman82 (PSN: chamanchindi82)
West Indies - @kushari (PSN: ujjwal8281)

Reserves:
1) @arjwiz

Guys please tell me which format of World Cup you want? I don't prefer T20 though. We can slightly change the format of World Cup if majority says. Let me know in 1 day please.

I prefer Option-2 or Option-4. If its Option-3 which wins the vote, please count me out from the tournament.

And @rishabh96 for Gods Sake please be part of the WhatsApp group, it will help you to run the tournament smoothly. Except you each and every other managers are already part of WhatsApp Group.

Commonwealth Bank Series

Kenya (Francis) vs New Zealand (@Solomon) - Second Preliminary Match

New Zealand - 64/10 (12.2 Overs)
Kenya - 65/1 (5.4 overs)

Kenya won 9 Wickets

Ken_vs_NZ_T20_Main.jpg

Ken_vs_NZ_T20_1.jpg

Ken_vs_NZ_T20_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread