PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
Name: Phanindra
PSN ID: Phanindra001
Team interested: Zimbabwe

WHY is Zimbabwe not playing in the world cup??? I am not happy about this :(
Anyway..enjoy it then without me. I was looking forward to playing the 50 over format, as I am much better in this than the T20.

I clearly said in the wattsupp group that the group is to busy and that I will come back to the group once the WC starts. :(

Last edited:
WHY is Zimbabwe not playing in the world cup??? I am not happy about this :(
Anyway..enjoy it then without me. I was looking forward to playing the 50 over format, as I am much better in this than the T20.

I clearly said in the wattsupp group that the group is to busy and that I will come back to the group once the WC starts. :(
Well in that case you get Zimbabwe. :)

Name: Phanindra
PSN ID: Phanindra001
Team interested: Zimbabwe
Are you interested in Bangladesh buddy? If yes, then I will close signups after this.

I like Solomons idea of 2 x T25`s stringed together , makes it a bit more interesting than the slogfest of 4 T10`s.

Oh and Option 2 creates alot of opportunities for the underdogs , so I will like that one .

PS. Welkom terug Dawie !

Yes @DavidTheMan is a very good player and I thought you yourself pulled back from the world cup

But since it's clarified so happy that Zimbabwe is playing[DOUBLEPOST=1409920165][/DOUBLEPOST]Also i am ok with option 2 or 4

I would prefer option 2 but perhaps make the quarters a straight knockout. I personally think perhaps 2x40 overinnings would be best (and perhaps make this the general classification for an 'ODI' here. 50 may be pushing it a bit for keeping interest whereas 40 is a good middle between entertainment and that feeling of OD cricket.

Option 1 or 2 :cheers

Last edited:
I would want two groups of 6 (if we have 12 teams) with each side playing each other once, that is 5 group games each which is not too much. We have had as much group matches in Hadlee Series and Asia Cup and this is the world cup we are talking about.

Top 2 teams from each group to progress to Semi Finals. Or Top 4 from each group to progress to QF.

Problem with having only 3 teams in a group is if we get a drop out, 2 teams will automatically go though to the QF and the group stage matches between those two teams will become dead rubbers. (This is what happened to the failed T20 World Cup)

Also I want a proper ODI, not the two innings type.

Waiting for @phani001's confirmation.
If he says yes for Bangladesh then tomorrow you will get your groups and fixtures.

Think my main area of practice for the WC is going to have to be spin, especially those extremely slow balls that pitch just over the 6m mark. Just struggle to judge their dip just before they hit the stumps!

@SamP hard luck

New Zealand vs Netherlands

Netherlands - 86/10 13.2 overs
New Zealand - 90/3 8.4 overs

New Zealand win by 7 wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread