PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
VinitPhilip: The New Manger of Indian Cricket Team

Gary-Kirsten.jpg

@VinitPhilip will be the new manager of Indian Cricket Team after Rishabh Tandon was removed as manger after India's horrible performance in recent matches. This means Rishabh Tandon will be looking for new team just before the World Cup. Which team will he opt for now?

@SamP bro, I dont think we will be able to complete the Netherlands and Kenya matches before the start of the world cup. I am not available this weekend and next weekend is pretty doubtful. Lets leave the league as it is. Commonwaelth Bank Series will officialy be the final tournament in International Tours for me. If you want we can coutinue the tour unofficially. Whenever both of us have free time.

Good Luck all guys for the WORLD CUP

Gary-Kirsten.jpg

@VinitPhilip will be the new manager of Indian Cricket Team after Rishabh Tandon was removed as manger after India's horrible performance in recent matches. This means Rishabh Tandon will be looking for new team just before the World Cup. Which team will he opt for now?

Congrats @VinitPhilip for becoming manager of Indian team. Strong competitor of worldcup became more stronger.

Gary-Kirsten.jpg

Thanks Bro, I just hope I am able to justify this decision by giving a good performance.Else I might be kicked out too :)

AcidBurn: New Manager of South Africa Cricket Team

mickey-arthur5.jpg

@Acid Burn becomes the new manger of South Africa Cricket Team after @issue announces his resignation. Acidburn is an experienced manager who has managed many teams. For the first time we will see him managing an International team.

Is he the right man for South Africa?

AcidBurn: New Manager of South Africa Cricket Team

mickey-arthur5.jpg

@Acid Burn becomes the new manger of South Africa Cricket Team after @issue announces his resignation. Acidburn is an experienced manager who has managed many teams. For the first time we will see him managing an International team.

Is he the right man for South Africa?

He definitely is the right man for South Africa.

Congrats Attie (@Acid Burn), You will add more fire to the WORLD CUP. Good Luck :thumbs

I am still looking for someone who can manage Zimbabwe/Kenya/Bangladesh.

If anyone of you want to change team or you know someone who may show interest to manage an international team then please let me know.
I will PM him and do confirmations so that I can announce the groups and participating teams of World Cup.

I atleast need 2 owners.

I am still looking for someone who can manage Zimbabwe/Kenya/Bangladesh.

If anyone of you want to change team or you know someone who may show interest to manage an international team then please let me know.
I will PM him and do confirmations so that I can announce the groups and participating teams of World Cup.

I atleast need 2 owners.

@rishabh96 Buddy what will be the Format and Rules/Regulations for this World Cup?

As we already have most of the Teams ready, I would request you to Draw the Group with even number of Teams (Even if 02/03 Teams are yet to be taken by any managers).

Friends, I would suggest to have a 12 Teams divided into 04 groups (Group-A/Group-B/Group-C & Group-D), with each group having 03 Teams, and let them play against each other once (or Maximum Twice), and Top 02 teams from each group advancing to QF. Lets not keep this Tournament too long, there might be case of fatigue (specially if its a 50 Overs Tournament), and we also have to consider the time constraint (Not everyone have so much time and patience to play 50 Over Format). Another thing I would suggest to make it on the model of Pro40 Tournament with total 04 Innings divided into 10 Overs each. It will make the game interesting and both the team will have a chance of coming back even if it didn't played well in one inning. So, Team-1, play for 10 Overs (If not get All Out), and then Team-2 will play for 10 Overs, and then again Team-1 will bat for 10 Overs, and Team-2 will have to chase the winning runs in last set of 10 Overs in its 2nd Innings. What will it do is it will help to finish game early (As you can win by an innings too), and weaker team dont have to bowl for 50 Overs and then see themselves getting out within 06/07 overs when it is their turn to bat. It will demoralize them and take out the fun of playing this kind of Tournament. If you keep it short and simple, most people will enjoy it and there will be less chance of mid tournament fatigue syndrome.

At the end of the day, we all are playing for fun, and we play it in such a way that it is fun for both Stronger & Weaker teams.

That's an amazing suggestion @kushari :thumbs
I would love to hear from other managers as well.

Also I just want to confirm how many teams are there. That's it.
I don't want teams like Bangladesh and Zimbabwe to be left behind.

the group slection is ok
but i would not like to go with 20 over format
i think for world cup 50 over format is what we should go with

thats my suggestion rest i am ok with majority

I would suggest to go for 50 over format with 2 innings per team. (25 overs each innings)

;)
@rishabh96 Buddy what will be the Format and Rules/Regulations for this World Cup?

As we already have most of the Teams ready, I would request you to Draw the Group with even number of Teams (Even if 02/03 Teams are yet to be taken by any managers).

Friends, I would suggest to have a 12 Teams divided into 04 groups (Group-A/Group-B/Group-C & Group-D), with each group having 03 Teams, and let them play against each other once (or Maximum Twice), and Top 02 teams from each group advancing to QF. Lets not keep this Tournament too long, there might be case of fatigue (specially if its a 50 Overs Tournament), and we also have to consider the time constraint (Not everyone have so much time and patience to play 50 Over Format). Another thing I would suggest to make it on the model of Pro40 Tournament with total 04 Innings divided into 10 Overs each. It will make the game interesting and both the team will have a chance of coming back even if it didn't played well in one inning. So, Team-1, play for 10 Overs (If not get All Out), and then Team-2 will play for 10 Overs, and then again Team-1 will bat for 10 Overs, and Team-2 will have to chase the winning runs in last set of 10 Overs in its 2nd Innings. What will it do is it will help to finish game early (As you can win by an innings too), and weaker team dont have to bowl for 50 Overs and then see themselves getting out within 06/07 overs when it is their turn to bat. It will demoralize them and take out the fun of playing this kind of Tournament. If you keep it short and simple, most people will enjoy it and there will be less chance of mid tournament fatigue syndrome.

At the end of the day, we all are playing for fun, and we play it in such a way that it is fun for both Stronger & Weaker teams.

Hey Kushari,
I agree with the group divisions too.However P40 sounds like just a longer version of t10 and since its just 10overs it would be more slam bang than the actual patience required for an ODI.And I would prefer playing two matches against each opponent to give everyone a chance for a comeback.Afterall this is the mother of all tournaments , fatigue shouldnt be an issue.

the group slection is ok
but i would not like to go with 20 over format
i think for world cup 50 over format is what we should go with

thats my suggestion rest i am ok with majority

My personal suggestion is to have 2 groups just like world cup format. If there are 4 groups with 3 teams each, the weaker team gets to play only 2 matches and they are out. If there are 2 groups that means weaker team gets a chance to play more matches which increases their chance of getting at least 1-2 wins. I think I am alright with 50 overs match to get a feel of world cup since we are playing with International teams and playing tour matches has generated a good interest for the world cup :thumbs

P.S.: Mine is one of the weakest team (as a player) hence this suggestion :yes

Users who are viewing this thread