ICC III - Bugs and Errors Thread

Last night I was playing a game as Surrey. M.Akram got something like 7-46 in an innings. On his details it shows that as his best performance. However, on my team records screen it shows my best bowling performance in an innings as a 4 wicket haul he got in another game.

For some insane reason the game doesn't now seem to simulate first class matches (at least for averages purposes) when playing International mode only. It used to in other ICC games so why not now?

How the hell are you supposed to pick a team when you don't know who's in form etc.

To be honest, other than the new graphics the new game is a big let down. The run rates are insane at times. I just played Bermuda in the World Cup as England and they scored 350, with the opener Smith getting 185 off 120 balls. Hardly realistic. They did need to increase the run rates from the old engine but they've gone overboard. Australia are still crap. Didn't even qualify for the semi-finals.

really stupid when you have a spinner on and hes turning the ball a mile, then he bowles someone with an arm ball which goes strain on and the game says 'beaten by spin'!
have this quite a bit wenever brad hodge bowls someone

is it me or is the australian player database really small compared to previous editions of icc? ie chris hartley, moises henriques, dan cullen, crothswaite are a few names off the top of my head that dont appear to be in the game. is this correct or am i doing something wrong when i start a new game?

also, malinga from sri lanka should be RF not RMF.

Last edited:
Dan Cullen is on ICC 3, he picked up 97 wickets in one season at a whopping average of 57 haha

But yer disappointed that henriques has been left out, along with Cullen Bailey are two names off the top of my head.

During the Demo Gilchrist never played a game under me played Luke Ronchi, he was awesome averaged 50 in tests and 30 in ODI's. he seemed to fire more than gilchrist

haha.. yes true i just saw dan cullen. but it does seem unusual that they would leave out henriques etc, seeing as they were in icc 06? usually if they dont rate a player, they just leave him in there and dont bother improving his abilities. it seems strange that they would purposely remove players from a database.

I was bowling at Sussex today with the wickets only highlight on, a highlight appeared so i assumed it was a wicket, Yardy hit the ball miles for a 6 the umpire signalled a 6 but when it switched back to the normal screen it said yardy was out caught on the boundary even though i didnt have a fielder at deep square leg

on 2006 there was two yasir arafats both allrounders. on this one there is one batsman yasir arafat and an allrounder yasir arafat both with the same stats.

Well there are actually two Yasir Arafats, the Kent all rounder and a Left handed keeper who plays for Multan.

The worst bug in this game are the Australian ODI uniforms.
For the record, this looks like a good old-fashioned brainfart on the part of the programmer(s). The KitIntlAustraliaPC.pub file includes the correct Australian kits, but presumably the game itself isn't looking for the right file -- it appears to be grabbing the Derbyshire uniform instead. (I suspect a late night copy-and-paste mistake of the sort most programmers tend to occasionally suffer from.)

That's something that probably needs to be fixed in a patch, unfortunately, as the only other option is to redo the Derbyshire file with the Australian uniforms, which is only viable if you're only ever going to play international cricket.

Is it just me or is Abdur Rehman the left-arm spin bowler who Inzamam referred as "youngster" RMF in the game? :(
Annoying... I cannot select him in my team but I really want to...

also, when you play an international game and you get to the 2011 world cup, it just carries over the previous squad of 18 players you had for the tour before, rather than selecting a proper squad of 15.

The international game still has serious issues as follows:

1. Whenever a the lower ranked batsman in a partnership overtakes the score
of the higher ranked batsman, a wicket falls shortly after. This also used
to happen in ICC 2005-06.

2. Left arm pacers bowl from the wrong side of the wicket by default and are
still slightly too expensive (also a problem in ICC 2005-06).

3. Batting totals are too high and consequently bowlers averages are too
high.

4. Bowling to a batsman's weaknesses should be more productive in the long
run.

5. 4th innings batting is too easy (as per ICC 2005-06. I've been beaten two
tests in a row at home by Bangladesh where they've scored 431/9 and 441/4
respectively on pitches with uneven bounce and sharp turn.

I've emailed Chris Childs regarding them.

Users who are viewing this thread