ICC III - Bugs and Errors Thread

head of childish things? do you know him?
personallly i reallly like the game. aso i dont know if this true but nearly every bangldesh player seems to be a spinner. like when you want a part timer to come on and bowl i end up using ANOTHER spinner.

These are a few of the things I have picked up on the way.

- No One Day records!
- Can someone explain why other domestic leagues have not been included yet?
- I had an issue with the game crashing when playing an Australian/Warwickshire saved game. During the world cup, Australia and Warwickshrie were playing on the same day and while playing as Warwick, the next day clicked over and the game crashed. I could only autoplay the time period.
- Spinners are less dominate but it makes it difficult to bowl a side out under 300 in a FC match. Bangladesh made 400 on the final day against Lee, McGrath, Gillespie and Watson.
- A player has emerged in the Australian database called Abu Ahmed. It says he plays for Assam (India) and he was not a regen. He is really good and I was going to select him but I wonder if this is an error? Is this guy an Aussie?
- Gilchrist is a horrible batsman. Watson is a Sobers-esque player. The Aussie bowling attack is horrible as well as many others. Bowlers can't average under 30 in FC.
- Graphics are a good inclusion but far behind many other sport games.

And finally, anyone know if there are regen kolpak players?

one feature that would of made it more realistic is rain in one-day matches. like less overs, duckworth lewis and abandoned fixtures.

How did Gilly catch this one?

Attachments

• Catch.jpg
    Catch.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 188
* Gilly is a legend... personally the bugs are annoying me.

* Younis Khan is YK, I don't care if his first name is M or whatever but really everyone has it as a YK. There are always two identical Yasir Arafats, one is a batter and one is an allrounder? Also they are missing way too many youngsters from Australia...? Disappointment to be honest but ooh well.

If you declare with less than the amount of time it takes for an innings change at the end of a match - (normally 10 minutes) The game crashes (freeze)
Been like this since ICC 2000

If you play certain mid season ODI's then the fixture list corrupts leaving you with unfinished domestic fixtures to play when the season ends (and the game crashes)

Sometimes the ODI's on in the English touring winter are nonsense (match 7 of 6 - and shows you with a 4-2 up in the series , even though you have yet to play a game.

The ability to save squads is gone (so I have to keep messing around with that).

The selecting of bowling style has been slowed down,. Why do we need to go into the menu now? The clicks on the icon worked fine.

Kolpak is broken (those that are in it seem to have errors - and the idea isn't supported by regens at all - at least in games I've played...Same since 2005.

Had bowlers taking 12 or 13 (or even more) wickets in a match - records page is toally wrong - still saying best bowling (match)9-59. I've had a spin bowler take 12+ wickets in an FC match three times in a season none of them go in the records....Same since ICC (the first game)

Partnership score continues - and even gets in the record books , even if the partnership pairing is altered by an injury i.e one of the batsmen gets replaced - but a wicket doesn't fall, and the partnership keeps going up...Same since ICC 200 (at least)

Photo's gone (even add your own - that's really bad. Can't even have my Flyford XI in the game)

Centrally contracted player choices (CPU only - why?) are for the most part just bizzare - insisting on contracting the same rubbish players year after year. (Anderson is averaging nearly 50 as a bowler in tests at 2011 - and the CPU keeps contracting him ARRGGHH)

Scoring (essp 6's) is back in the 1970's with twenty20 games looking to average about 1 or 2 sixes a game (even in perfect or near perfect pitch conditions on small grounds with the likes of Blackwell, Wright, Hick etc making hunderds - all with no 6's - at Taunton, New Road etc.... would never happen)

Graphics aside - It's ICC2000 with no added gameplay and some pretty big nerfs.

Not being deliberatley obtuse - but I prefer the old graphics, The shots look like they are played by batsmen with lego arms that are joined by a harness wrapped around their head - the fact they look nothing like the players they are supposed to represent is now too obvious. Too many bald 22 year olds.

After all that - I still quite like the game. But the competition (IMHO) has for the first time for ten years - finally surpassed this one (in terms of gameplay at least).

Mind you - looks better than the flipping awful BLC game for PSP which really does look poor in the vid.in amazing "skip-a-frame-or-two-o-vision"

Scritty

Last edited:
Poor strike retention logic by AI in ODI's

Playing World Cup game as England against SAF

SAF needed 21 off the last 2 overs, quite tense at this stage. Hall was the senior batsman with Nel the rabbit at the other end.

Hall inexplicably was playing to farm the strike. I.e. first 3 balls are dots, then hit a couple then pinch a single etc

I ended up winning easily by 10 runs :eek: Obviously, in real life, there is no strike retention logic when nearly 2 a ball is needed and it ruined an exciting match

Partnership score continues - and even gets in the record books , even if the partnership pairing is altered by an injury i.e one of the batsmen gets replaced - but a wicket doesn't fall, and the partnership keeps going up...Same since ICC 200 (at least)
So it should. The partnership is for the wicket, not the individual batsmen. Wisden and all other authorities concur on this. Not a bug.

So it should. The partnership is for the wicket, not the individual batsmen. Wisden and all other authorities concur on this. Not a bug.

Yeah - just checked - you're right.
Sad though that 5 of the 10 records are now like that for Worcestershire (in 2094 - and still at least wrong in the sense of being "incomplete" because they fail to mention the third player.

But fair comment :)

Scritty

Had bowlers taking 12 or 13 (or even more) wickets in a match - records page is toally wrong - still saying best bowling (match)9-59. I've had a spin bowler take 12+ wickets in an FC match three times in a season none of them go in the records....Same since ICC (the first game)

it doesnt shows match figures on the records. that would be why. it shows best innings only iirc

Nope - The records page is for both (innings and match) so Ive edited this back Thought I was right, Worcestershires Innings is still held by "C Root 9 for 23 in 1931 " and match is held by "A Conway 15 for 87 in 1914 "...this is despite the fact I've ha several bowlers take 9 for less in an innings (no 10 though ever) and many 16 and 17 wicket matches for bowlers.....still says the above.

So this bug (which has been in the game as long as I can remember) is still there.

Thought so...
Clarker

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread