ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rahane is a better opener than Rohit, even if not as flashy. By making Rohit open, you are basically cutting Rahane out of the side because he can't fit anywhere else. Rohit can fit at No.4, Rahane can't. If Rohit struggles to get going as an opener, he can eat up a lot of dot balls. Rahane, if he struggles, will do a better job than Rohit in stealing singles and rotating strike. For Rahane fans, they would hope Rohit fails as opener so that Rahane can find a permanent place in the shorter formats.

Wel said Sai, exactly my point. Rohit should come in toward 13-14 over and try and smack the ball out. Rewind to 2007 and watch his innings versus South Africa where he absolutely smashed them everywhere. Rahane ,on the other hand tends to accelerate the innings and at the same time keeps the rate up. I'd still vouch for him as an opener ahead of anyone else.

My World Cup best XI
  1. Gayle / Hafeez
  2. De Kock / Guptill
  3. Kohli
  4. De Villiers
  5. Williamson/ Butler
  6. Russell
  7. Afridi /Morris
  8. Aswin /Jadeja
  9. Riaz
  10. Rabada
  11. Boult/ Tahir

My World Cup best XI
  1. Gayle / Hafeez
  2. De Kock / Guptill
  3. Kohli
  4. De Villiers
  5. Williamson/ Butler
  6. Russell
  7. Afridi /Morris
  8. Aswin /Jadeja
  9. Riaz
  10. Rabada
  11. Boult/ Tahir
Playing in subcontinent you can't kee Rohit Sharma out. Even in none considering his recent form.

The ticket process is pathetic. For India games, you have to enter into a lucky draw. Ideally, it's always first come first serve. The ICC needs to take a serious stock of this situation.

Graeme Cremer injured during a warm up match against the West Indies and will now miss the entire tournament, this is a massive blow for Zimbabwe. Afghanistan have already beaten us home and away, Hong Kong have also beaten us albeit in a warm up match back in 2014 and Scotland...well i'm not too worried about them but yeah it's not going to be easy for the Zimbos to qualify.

We also have Jongwe and Madziva out injured but they're nowhere near as big a loss as Cremer.

Over the past 12 months, it's looked like Sri Lanka and Pakistan were falling and Bangladesh were closing the gap. It seems likely, from the Asia cup so far, that we could be going into a new era of Asian cricket, where Bangladesh are challenging India for top spot. If they get through the prelim group, they'll be tough to beat in the main draw.

New t20 kit the blues!
team-india-t20-kit-new-1456981104-800.jpg

l-r-umesh-yadav-harmanpreet-kaur-r.-ashwin-shubhlakshmi-sharma-virat-kohli-ms-dhoni-mitali-raj-ajinkya-rahane-niranjana-n-r.-jadeja-and-ekta-bist-1456981367-800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread